「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 6, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #104,056 of 177,744
Hmm doing some research into media streamers. $250 for one that can read .ssa subtitle files, or spend ~$400 for an HTPC. choices choices...

Raspberry Pi? That can do something, not much, but something.

I'm a firm believer in building everything myself. 

If anyone is interested.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/navspark-arduino-compatible-with-gps-gnss-receiver

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #104,057 of 177,744
http://gigaom.com/2014/02/06/bye-bye-vaio-sony-sells-pc-business-with-buyer-to-focus-on-japan/

Wow. Felt like I've been hit by a rubber foam pillow. (I wanted to say a brick, but to be honest, that would be much more painful that what I felt reading this news). I've always liked the look of high end Vaios, but of course it's out of my reach, budget wise. Here's hoping that this would net them enough money to keep on with its personal entertainment side. Apparently they still in the red... :/

RIP Vaio.

Rip in peace, I've had three Vaios and they all eventually died. Still, good memories though.

Lol...

My grandfather asked me to make photos on his 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday. He borrowed me his Sony SLT-A77 camera to "practice around with".
The thing is, I never really made any photos except quick instagram-tier ones.

Any tips? Won't need to do anything really pro quality, but as I've said, I'm not a photography person, not sure if I have to know anything about it.

Is it indoors or outdoors? Day or night?

And what lenses do you have with it?

Deadly and others offered good advice on previous pages.

Sony has built in auto stabalization encrypto drives. The more you shake the camera while taking a picture, the more secure and encrypt it will be and thus better
lol at tips fell off

Ohyou.jpg

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #104,058 of 177,744
Are you planning on buying a premade one or building one yourself? As far as i know you can build a good HTPC for around 300-400 dollars.

I would be building this myself. It's a question of how much will I use it, how annoying will controlling windows from the couch be, how loud will it be if I don't go fanless, etc. The purpose built streamers take care of a lot of these questions at the cost of lost flexibility.

I have a 560Ti card thats not doing much for me, and a microATX powersupply, so all I will need is mobo/cpu/ram/hdd.. maybe an optical drive. I've been pondering this deal for months, I just know I wont use it all that much, it's more for the hobby than for an actual need.

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #104,060 of 177,744
*finished seeing imocho for a while*

I'm disappoint...

I expected to at least see 10 episodes before I had to catch up. I didn't know it only had 5 episodes. I'm bored!!

On the bright side, this anime does sister x brother love quite uniquely. I enjoy the plot of this show, despite the multitude of perverted moments,  like hentai prince.  Someone mentioned the hentai prince manga being awesome,  I might read it. :) (that was @NLNH )

Is OniAi another good show? @UnityIsPower

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #104,062 of 177,744
  Raspberry Pi? That can do something, not much, but something.

I'm a firm believer in building everything myself. 

I've been playing around with my Pi again recently.  If you have a recent Nvidia graphics card you can even stream games to it.  I've been sitting here playing CS:GO at full graphics settings in HD on my Pi...

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #104,064 of 177,744
Yeah, I didn't go to the stupid rally yesterday but quite a few of my classmates did...

Daww, the stock is almost as long as the barrel... Wait is that even legal in the UK?

Hmm, I'm honestly not sure what to think about that.

Does anyone actually give a schiit about that rule Bowei? The orange tips for my airsoft guns always "fell off". :D

Oh god, you know you're an otaku when that's the first thing that comes to mind...

Yay, less stuff for Sony fanboys to fangasm over...

In all honesty, I thought their ultrabooks were pretty nice. Overpriced, like more than Macs, but nice. All their convertibles were just plain stupid though. And overpriced.

Ooh, that would be awesome! Kinda like this? http://animusictourney.wordpress.com/ Except just one huge list? :D

Sorry, when did learning a language turn into a competitive card game? It looks like some weeaboo trying to cash in on some other weeaboos wanting to learn Japanese to me, lol.

Yea. I was thinking about maybe doing a YouTube playlist of these well known songs? Or at least a spreadsheet. Anyone wanna help? I probably will miss a few, I'll probably start the list on a weekend of something. There are some nicovideos that I'll start the list from.

A spreadsheet sounds like a better idea. I can add all the songs I like. We should try and set a standard on romaji or English titles as well to avoid duplicates.

Hmm doing some research into media streamers. $250 for one that can read .ssa subtitle files, or spend ~$400 for an HTPC. choices choices...

Just build an HTPC yo. Just get yourself an AMD APU and call it a day. Mine is near dead silent, and since I had a PSU already it cost me less than $300. I'll take the graphics card off ya to alleviate some of the costs :wink:

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #104,065 of 177,744

Organic peanut, almond, physalis, dragonfruit and ginger bar!
Does that even count as a candy bar?

I think it fits you perfectly! 
   because you don't feel like a nut?

No I feel like a CoCo Nut, hard outer shell, with the PUREST Water inside and minimal fruit, pairs best with DARK chocolate, I'm like this candy too I suppose

speaking of which, guess what I just ate 3 1/2 pounds of :3 

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #104,068 of 177,744

Why?

Of course she won!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-02-06/over-24000-fans-choose-their-favorite-nisekoi-character

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #104,069 of 177,744

Omg that is some kind of Chinnese Toy... or is it a candy! I gatta watch this when I get home xD 

From the video description:
★Story: A Japanese girl - Mai goes to study abroad. She did a homestay in Bess's house for five weeks.
(1) Product name: 夢の!! アメリカンライフ
(It cost 262 yen per set. / This is the blind box.)
Brand: RE-MENT
(2) Those old series made in 2004 were discontinued. (RE-MENT sells new series constantly, and stop manufacturing old series.) I bought it at a local store in 2004.
(3) They are not magnets. They snap in place or are just set in place.
(4) It is inedible.
(5) I made 1/12 scale room box myself.

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #104,070 of 177,744
What makes it annoying sometimes? Please tell!

OniAi was just not very good overall, I guess it might be worth a watch if you just want something fun. If you're really into the brocon stuff maybe you should watch Yosuga no Sora or Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru, there's always Oreimo too.

@MechG, my 560Ti is being used as a dedicated physX card right now. If you really want to buy it, pm me and we'll see if it'll be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back