「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #148,846 of 177,750
@Sakura-Con
F - 16-17:30 - Ghost Without a Face: Lady Librarian Presents an Investigation of the Origins of Spirited Away's Kaonashi
If that's anything like it was 2 years ago, it's a pretty interesting panel. A bit long, but there's some interesting Japanese culture and symbolism discussion.

I might go to the Mekakucity Actors showing at 18:30 just to see what it's like. Has anyone here watched it?

On Saturday, the Iaido demonstration last year was pretty awesome. Cosplay skit is always entertaining to watch too. Of course the concert and post-concert autograph sessions are going to be a big hit.

16:15-18:15 - Birth & Death of the Forest God: Lady Librarian Presents an Exploration of Origins and Influences in Princess Mononoke (SC-13)
I haven't seen that panel yet, so I'd be interested in going to that. Princess Mononoke has always been the odd one out for me in terms of Miyazaki films and I never really understood it.

Of course on Sunday there's the Under The Dog panel.

........HOW DO THEY NOT HAVE SMASH BROS 4 TOURNAMENT????
c55d197b9f00b491d3bc4738ccb554181296342434_full.jpg

It's still probably going to be a huge thing for 3DS people though. I can almost guarantee there will be people playing it while waiting in line to get into the concert.

Also, inb4 Jesus cosplay on Sunday because it's Easter Sunday. XD

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #148,847 of 177,750
  Lol I remember one of my friends going to that panel last year and at the end they said "there's one thing we lied about in our presentation" and my friend shouted out "CHIHAYA'S BLOOD TYPE ISN'T (something), IT'S (something else)!!!" and he got a poster for it or something. Or maybe I'm thinking of another panel...

So you're flying in Thursday night and you for sure want to get dinner? If so, all of us should plan on when and where to meet.

Yeah sounds like their panel lol.

I am coming around noon Thursday and probably going around Seattle for a little bit like check out the Seattle Kinokuniya. Found out a few friends are coming in at night so I might be joining them when they arrive. Might not be able to have dinner Thursday night with you guys, sorry 
frown.gif
. Getting closer to the event and it looks like my group of friend coming is getting bigger and bigger so we are probably going to have a big group for dinner Thursday.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 17, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #148,849 of 177,750
@Sakura-Con
F - 16-17:30 - Ghost Without a Face: Lady Librarian Presents an Investigation of the Origins of Spirited Away's Kaonashi
If that's anything like it was 2 years ago, it's a pretty interesting panel. A bit long, but there's some interesting Japanese culture and symbolism discussion.

I might go to the Mekakucity Actors showing at 18:30 just to see what it's like. Has anyone here watched it?

On Saturday, the Iaido demonstration last year was pretty awesome. Cosplay skit is always entertaining to watch too. Of course the concert and post-concert autograph sessions are going to be a big hit.

16:15-18:15 - Birth & Death of the Forest God: Lady Librarian Presents an Exploration of Origins and Influences in Princess Mononoke (SC-13)
I haven't seen that panel yet, so I'd be interested in going to that. Princess Mononoke has always been the odd one out for me in terms of Miyazaki films and I never really understood it.

Wow, Spirited Away panel would be really interesting. I need to watch it again though.

My roomie watched it and told me that if you're not into the vocaloid songs that preceded the anime, then you probably won't like it.

The concert is going to be awesome this year!!! wonder how many CDs I can have Itou Kanako sign? :D

I am coming around noon Thursday and probably going around Seattle for a little bit like check out the Seattle Kinokuniya. Found out a few friends are coming in at night so I might be joining them when they arrive. Might not be able to have dinner Thursday night with you guys, sorry 
frown.gif
. Getting closer to the event and it looks like my group of friend coming is getting bigger and bigger so we are probably going to have a big group for dinner Thursday.

Ah no worries lol. So you're flying in to SeaTac at noon? It's about an hour from SeaTac to the convention center on the train, just fyi.
I might join in on going to Kinokuniya, but it might not really be worth it either. They have a huge booth at sakura-con and so the actual store is pretty sparse right before the con.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #148,850 of 177,750
  ... I just realized this...
The uniforms in Hyouka aren't mini skirt. Unacceptable
Season 2 never

Everything about this show is classy! Characters, visuals, OST(especially), dialogs etc etc. ******* everything!
Believe it or not but a show can be good without having stupid skimpy outfit fanservice **** in it.
I'm mad and I love Hyouka.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #148,851 of 177,750
  Everything about this show is classy! Characters, visuals, OST(especially), dialogs etc etc. ******* everything!
Believe it or not but a show can be good without having stupid skimpy outfit fanservice **** in it.

The visual is the usual KyoAni style tho.
Maybe those reasons you like it are also the reasons for no season 2.

Btw here's a VN PV from âge for you German

JAWOHL

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #148,852 of 177,750
  ... I just realized this...
The uniforms in Hyouka aren't mini skirt. Unacceptable
Season 2 never

Well..........
I don't think mini-skirts and fan services MUST be included to make it a good anime.
In some cases, it could be good even without female characters. (not the BL stuff though)
If you really want an example, try search "baltzar militarismus", manga only..........

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #148,853 of 177,750

The visual is the usual KyoAni style tho.
Maybe those reasons you like it are also the reasons for no season 2.

JAWOHL

The style, but not the quality. The quality is above everything else they did.
And don't forget these really cool scenes where everything looks like a pop-up book etc. I love this sort of variety. SZS did the same thing.

That looks like something I would not play.
I, in general, still have to come across a VN that really speaks to me. People posted about one or two here which looked kind of interesting, but neve made me think "wow, I need to play this!".
Maybe all you creeps play are eroges.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #148,854 of 177,750

Ah no worries lol. So you're flying in to SeaTac at noon? It's about an hour from SeaTac to the convention center on the train, just fyi.
I might join in on going to Kinokuniya, but it might not really be worth it either. They have a huge booth at sakura-con and so the actual store is pretty sparse right before the con.

Accidentally deleted my chat log where friend posted exact times we were arrive but yup little past noon our flights are coming in. Either taking shuttle, cab, or public transport over to con so we'll see, shouldn't be that bad in comparison to LA.

Friends were raving last year about how big Kinokuniya was in comparison to the Los Angeles one so worth a peak. Plus really want to check out some cds. 

The Hyouka ova was a pool episode and pretty much a service episode~

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #148,856 of 177,750
  Well..........
I don't think mini-skirts and fan services MUST be included to make it a good anime.
In some cases, it could be good even without female characters. (not the BL stuff though)
If you really want an example, try search "baltzar militarismus", manga only..........

I know.
But at this kind of age, you need dem revealing skin to boost sale.
I watch almost anything though

The style, but not the quality. The quality is above everything else they did.
And don't forget these really cool scenes where everything looks like a pop-up book etc. I love this sort of variety. SZS did the same thing.

I, in general, still have to come across a VN that really speaks to me. People posted about one or two here which looked kind of interesting, but neve made me think "wow, I need to play this!".

Currently on 17.
The school festival case is interesting, and Eru's total airheadness just keeps increasing

Of course you won't play it.
VNs aren't your thing. Well lately I don't play VNs anyway too. Too boring.

That is why they released it as an OVA.

Every high school anime needs one pool episode. Tis' a given

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #148,857 of 177,750
  Currently on 17.
The school festival case is interesting, and Eru's total airheadness just keeps increasing

Of course you won't play it.
VNs aren't your thing. Well lately I don't play VNs anyway too. Too boring.

Every high school anime needs one pool episode. Tis' a given

Let's see how butthurt the last episode will make you.
Eru is cool n everything but Houtarou is my spirit animal.

Not so sure about that. I love reading and like anime/manga.
Someone just have to show me a non-eroge VN with great story, characters, choices etc etc.
Steins;Gate would fall into this category, I guess.

Every high school anime has one. They don't need it.
The Hyouka one is really tame in comparison to like 90% of 10 bajilion out there.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #148,858 of 177,750

Accidentally deleted my chat log where friend posted exact times we were arrive but yup little past noon our flights are coming in. Either taking shuttle, cab, or public transport over to con so we'll see, shouldn't be that bad in comparison to LA.

Friends were raving last year about how big Kinokuniya was in comparison to the Los Angeles one so worth a peak. Plus really want to check out some cds. 

Ah right. Shouldn't be bad at all compared to LA lol, especially if what my friend told me about LA public transit is true.
Well if you want to save money the public transport (specifically the Link Light Rail) is pretty efficient and only like $3 or something, probably way less than a cab.

Really? I would've always figured the Kinokuniya in LA would be bigger than the one in Seattle. Though yeah, it is pretty big. 
biggrin.gif

(And that doesn't include the second floor I'm standing on or the other part of the main level covered up by the second floor.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #148,860 of 177,750

JAWOHL

Really want to watch but in a lecture.....................
The last time I played an âge game was Muv-Luv Total Eclipse.

Depends on how you define one.
Take Fate/Stay Night for example, It's a 60~80 hour game that contains a few h-scenes.

Just started playing Silverio Vendetta (https://vndb.org/v16134) 
It's been a while since the last time I've played a VN with protag voice. (probably since Muv-Luv Alternative?)

First impressions are pretty good (finished prologue), It's got great OSTand special effects for battle scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back