「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 28, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #135,196 of 177,750
I'm kind of amazed that Oppo decided to price both that DAC/amp AND the PM-3 reasonably. Heck the DAC/Amp is pretty sweet just for the extra juice it supplies to your phone. Such a thing is kind of unprecedented nowadays. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #135,197 of 177,750
lol ignore it :p
I auditioned 009 for like hours at a local shop (no, not av1) once without buying anything..

Well, there was once when Jaben here had really horrible service.. Then months or years after when I walked by after their move and re-innovation, all the crews that time were gone =_=

Yeah this.

E1 personal audio right?

I feel pressure at that place haha

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #135,198 of 177,750
I'm kind of amazed that Oppo decided to price both that DAC/amp AND the PM-3 reasonably. Heck the DAC/Amp is pretty sweet just for the extra juice it supplies to your phone. Such a thing is kind of unprecedented nowadays. 

Agreed. Their pricing for this current range is very appealing for the mass public, at $399 the PM-3 is starting to look really good. I've never had a planar

E1 personal audio right?

Msia's E1 is laid back as anything. I've spent and entire day there doing nothing but trying stuff. Even went out for lunch before coming back. :D

There's a meet this Sunday. The Alpha Prime, ASG's entire line-up, Z7/Z5 will be there for audition, looking forward to that

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #135,199 of 177,750
E1 personal audio right?

Hmm not E1 either. It was a shop in Adelphi (4th floor IIRC..).
E1's location is quite inconvenient to me :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #135,200 of 177,750
And we already have $1,500 universals, and the price is already justified. LAB I owner here, gawd. I draw a line in the sand at $2,000 though. Anything above that is just tossing money into the aether for me. 

Think muinarc was referring to the LCD-3 being like a PM version of the HD800. 

I missed out on that Steam sale of Deadly Premonition the other day. $2.50! I played a bit of it at my friend's house. He had it on 360. Controlled like ass, looked like ass, and had the production values of babby's first video game. All around awful, and yet, it had that distinct... "something" to it; that undeniable brand of Japanese kook that defined the 90's and early 00's that's all too rare these days. I shoulda booted into Win 8 and bought a copy :l 

Meeeh, Final Audio products are a niche product within the niche audiophile community. They don't count. : p

Ah I see. I think the LCD-3 is a nice step-up in sound quality compared to the LCD-2 and it definitely offers some refinement in the treble region, but I wouldn't even consider paying twice the price for it. I got in contact with Audeze many many months ago about them sending out a review unit, and they responded back, but they never followed up with it.
@all Were I to ask again, would you guys be interested in hearing my impressions about a LCD-2 bamboo with Fazor technology, or the LCD-3?

I don't think I've heard about Deadly Premonition before...
I'm watching a walkthrough of Realms of the Haunting right now though and this looks like a very interesting game. The gameplay and graphics are like Doom, but with well-rendered cutscenes and a legitimate story line. I never liked Doom before, but the story makes it worth playing to me, and it's free right now on IndieGala. well never mind about that...that opportunity is over. Now it's just a glorified Bricks Breaking game.: /

And yeah, I was genuinely surprised to hear OPPO's pricing on their new products. The HA-2 is definitely priced very aggressively for what you get in terms of sound, aesthetics, and function in my opinion.

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #135,201 of 177,750
So PM3 400 and HA-2 250?

Dat price.

For a planar closed back is not bad.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #135,203 of 177,750
So PM3 400 and HA-2 250?

Dat price.

For a planar closed back is not bad.

Tentative pricing is $399 for the PM-3, $299 for the HA-2. $399 for a closed-back planar magnetic headphone certainly sounds appealing.

LCD-3 for me. I didn't like the Fazor 2 at all, now the 2.2 however.... That bass slam.

Mmk, I'll add one tally to the LCD-3. I'm actually not sure if they have the 3 or the 3F available for reviews...do you have a preference?

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #135,204 of 177,750
I'm kinda tempted to post that whynotboth.gif of that annoying taco girl, but I'll refrain from doing so. Of the two, I guess I'd rather hear about the 3 since you mentioned already having heard the 2. Fazor, non Fazor. Go big or go home I guess. I'd be none the wiser; such is my ignorance of all things AUDEZE.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #135,205 of 177,750
I'm kinda tempted to post that whynotboth.gif of that annoying taco girl, but I'll refrain from doing so. Of the two, I guess I'd rather hear about the 3 since you mentioned already having heard the 2. Fazor, non Fazor. Go big or go home I guess. I'd be none the wiser; such is my ignorance of all things AUDEZE.

XXD that girl is cute though

I guess I can ask if I can listen to both; wouldn't hurt to ask.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #135,206 of 177,750
Mmk, I'll add one tally to the LCD-3. I'm actually not sure if they have the 3 or the 3F available for reviews...do you have a preference?

No idea since I never tried the 3. I do know the 2 lost its charm for me when I heard the Fazor version, sure it has better control and the treble was smoother, but it lost a lot of it's wild side that made it exciting

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #135,207 of 177,750
Less meh is still meh. Even the LCD-XC is meh compared to what else you could get. Meh.

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #135,208 of 177,750
Rereading Fuuka and I just can't... feel anything. As if a huge weight off of my shoulders, Except this "weight" is my feels. I can't find the to read the manga anymore. Sigh...

@mice, both then. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #135,209 of 177,750
Ra97oR What is better, by your tastes? Will try to audition a few when I get down to Singapore.

The PM-1? Or the Hifiman series?

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #135,210 of 177,750
Less meh is still meh. Even the LCD-XC is meh compared to what else you could get. Meh.

But the real question is if meh is meh meh, then will meh meh meh be as meh as meh meh?

@mice, both then. 

Mmk, so LCD-2 F has 2 tallies, and LCD-3 has 3 tallies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back