「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 10, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #128,941 of 177,744

LOL that sounds amazing. I wish I could own a pair haha. They'd pair well with my HD650's for a fun combo.

Anything in this world can be yours...IF you strive for it with all your heart and soul!
tongue.gif

I wish I had done more research before spending $300 on the QC15, since they aren't anywhere near as good as many other models for the same price.

It's only a fair comparison of you're comparing the QC15 with other active noise cancellation travel headphones.

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #128,942 of 177,744
  I want to own the Mariana Trench.

Good thing I used the silly emoticon to indicate I was kidding.

Damn, I was about to call dibs.

"What is this you call property? It cannot be the earth, for the land is our mother, nourishing all her children, beasts, birds, fish and all men. The woods, the streams, everything on it belongs to everybody and is for the use of all. How can one man say it belongs only to him?" -Massasoit

It's only a fair comparison of you're comparing the QC15 with other active noise cancellation travel headphones.

In case you weren't aware, there is a QC25 thread. ^_^

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #128,943 of 177,744

Good thing I used the silly emoticon to indicate I was kidding.

"What is this you call property? It cannot be the earth, for the land is our mother, nourishing all her children, beasts, birds, fish and all men. The woods, the streams, everything on it belongs to everybody and is for the use of all. How can one man say it belongs only to him?" -Massasoit

Oh you were? Okay.

By not being a ******* hippie.

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #128,944 of 177,744
Now the M-Audio Q40 is the only headphone besides the MK2  that I think I'll consider. Anyone heard the q40 before?

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #128,945 of 177,744
I see no other group that would spend this much time and resources on this other than that one suspected party tbh.

Makes sense, but I read somewhere that renting a Russian mob owned botnet to run a DDoS attack would cost like $70 a day lol. So, theoretically, if true, it could be mostly anyone on head-fi.

Now let's not turn against one another O_o

It's the most hipster-ish AOTY list I've seen so far.

He is still living of the millions he made in his glory days. If he feels like it, he could just jump back into his $1000+ per day job.

:D
He is soooo writing you out of the will.

I have no idea what you mean with the thing freewheeling. I am simply basing my calculations on how these things usually work nowadays. There may be more efficient ways to do it, but that will only generate a factor 10 more energy at best, otherwise you'd be heavily increasing the weight and bulk of the watch.
The only real way to generate energy out of arm movements is by using the change in orientation to shift about the center of mass of some object, after which gravity is going to move this object again. The change in center of mass is limited to the diameter of the watch, and the weight of the shifting object. Suppose you'd have a 22mm watch and a 50g object shifting position then at the very maximum you'd be generating 0.0022*0.050*9.81 = ~1mJ per full 180 degree rotation of the arm. And that's seriously pushing just how far you'd want this to go.

And yeah, those things can run on very little power, but in order for it to be a good watch you'd need the screen to be on 24/7. Even if the screen is small, and most of the displayed graphics are black, that's still going to be a major drain of energy. Much more so than moving one's arm up and down every so often can supply.

It seems the screen will mainly be off until the watch sense that you are trying to look at it, by lifting your arm or something. So that should save a ton of battery life.

Isn't that Guster from Psych?

I love Psych. And Monk.

Not Gus lol. Love that gif through. And love Psych even more.

Oh, so you just started? I watched it all within 24 hours.

And we're back to the guess your neighborhood friendly Alchemist Game:

?

That image...is sooo NSFW.

In the town I grew up in, it could get twenty degrees below zero...but that's Fahrenheit.

So I take it it didn't rain. :p

My favorite temperature is comfortably cool. (Not sure what number that would be.)

Orrrr is this you?:

cool-runnings-cold.jpg

C to F
(temperature + 40) / 5 * 9 - 40

F to C
(temperature + 40) * 5 / 9 - 40

^ Simple math you can do in your head.

19 C + 40 = 59
59 / 5 = ~12
12 * 9 = 108
108 - 40 = ~68 F

It's 72˚F in Seattle at the moment
72 + 40 = 112
112 / 9 = ~12
12 * 5 = 60
60 - 40 = ~20 C

I'll check out the metal post. I don't think it can beat Metal Man though

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQXA9RkC_-c[/video]

I might actually remember that after this post :smile:

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #128,946 of 177,744
  By not being a ******* hippie.

Right, because Native Americans were hippies.
rolleyes.gif
(Okay, maybe you could twist their philosophy to support that argument.)

It was just a quote to support the notion that it's a little silly to try owning gigantic pieces of land like the bottom of the ocean, etc.

biggrin.gif

He is soooo writing you out of the will.

And we're back to the guess your neighborhood friendly Alchemist Game:

?

Orrrr is this you?:

All that I own shall return to the Earth, who I am borrowing from. (Sticking with the Native American / circle of life theme.)

I think you meant friendly neighborhood. Not sure what your point was, though.

...But I must say, what I said was in a much friendlier tone than the macro you made makes it seem.

Here's a little tidbit: I'm 25% Portuguese, and also 3% Cherokee.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #128,947 of 177,744

Right, because Native Americans were hippies.
rolleyes.gif
(Okay, maybe you could twist their philosophy to support that argument.)

It was just a quote to support the notion that it's a little silly to try owning gigantic pieces of land like the bottom of the ocean, etc.

You really should stop taking everything so literal. Or learn a bit more about sarcasm and dry humor.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #128,948 of 177,744
  You really should stop taking everything so literal. Or learn a bit more about sarcasm and dry humor.

But sarcasm usually involves mocking the subject... I know you're just kidding much of the time, but your style of humor is sardonic to the extent that I am compelled to provide counter-arguments even when you're not trying to argue.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #128,949 of 177,744
And now I'm kind of just going back and forth between either the the Q40 or the HA-MR77x. The reviews give it poor mids...but I kind of don't care lol. I just want something that thumps and makes my face feel good :). If I want good audio, I'll go to my HD650's.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #128,950 of 177,744

But sarcasm usually involves mocking the subject... I know you're just kidding much of the time, but your style of humor is sardonic to the extent that I am compelled to provide counter-arguments even when you're not trying to argue.

Well, you could just not provide uncalled-for counter-arguments. I'm sure you have better things to do than commenting on my paltry sense of humor.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #128,951 of 177,744
All that I own shall return to the Earth, who I am borrowing from. (Sticking with the Native American / circle of life theme.)

I think you meant friendly neighborhood. Not sure what your point was, though.

...But I must say, what I said was in a much friendlier tone than the macro you made makes it seem.

Here's a little tidbit: I'm 25% Portuguese, and also 3% Cherokee.

My point is that the Alchemist guessing game is one of my favorite pastimes in this thread. :smile:

Yea, that's one of the best memes there is. This one has crossed the divide into meme-dom my friend.

I'll likely ignore this fact for future guesses, but it does give me ideas for your first 2 names :D

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #128,952 of 177,744
Pixiv pic of the day!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=45788842

NSFW Pixic pic of the day!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=45857028

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #128,953 of 177,744
  Well, you could just not provide uncalled-for counter-arguments. I'm sure you have better things to do than commenting on my paltry sense of humor.

I enjoy locking horns with ya, buddy! XD

...I do tend to reply to every post I have something to say something about...and my only options are to reply with agreement, rebuttal, something related, or nothing at all. I guess sometimes I can't tell how serious or silly people are being.

I still found it odd that you seemed to assume that soundtrack was a J-pop album simply because it had anime girls on the cover.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #128,954 of 177,744
My point is that the Alchemist guessing game is one of my favorite pastimes in this thread.
smile.gif

Yea, that's one of the best memes there is. This one has crossed the divide into meme-dom my friend.

I'll likely ignore this fact for future guesses, but it does give me ideas for your first 2 names
biggrin.gif

I'm happy for you. Feel free to play again as often as your whimsical heart desires! ^_^

I think every denizen of cyberspace is familiar with the Condescending Wonka meme.

Not a chance. XD

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #128,955 of 177,744
I'm happy for you. Feel free to play again as often as your whimsical heart desires! ^_^

I think every denizen of cyberspace is familiar with the Condescending Wonka meme.

Not a chance. XD

?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back