「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #89,881 of 177,750
Well, I can't expect you to read every post here, but I posted that several times here :wink:

I think I am on episode eight now. I lost a bit of interest after the first three episodes but now it keeps getting better again.

Bartender really is something completely different. Closest comparison I could make would be that it reminds me of Kino no Tabi. Really liking it and I know more about cocktails than ever before :p

I also thought about starting to watch Joshiraku. Sounds interesting.

Oh and I am not really sure about this "listen to the same music thing"...

You bought the Monster Hunter 3 OST... I think you and I are the ONLY people who own that Album here on Head fi q.q I'd say that's close enough, I also REALLY love the Bartender OST as well 

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #89,882 of 177,750
Sep 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #89,883 of 177,750
You bought the Monster Hunter 3 OST... I think you and I are the ONLY people who own that Album here on Head fi q.q I'd say that's close enough, I also REALLY love the Bartender OST as well 

Okay, that is possible :p
The Bartender OST is really good too. The OP is horrible imo but the rest knows how to tickle my fancy.

But besides game/anime OSTs we don't really share any similarities when it comes to music :-D
I really can't stand techno in any shape or form. Only kind of electronic music I like would be lounge/chill out or stuff like Mr. Scruff.

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #89,884 of 177,750
Okay, that is possible :p
The Bartender OST is really good too. The OP is horrible imo but the rest knows how to tickle my fancy.

But besides game/anime OSTs we don't really share any similarities when it comes to music :-D
I really can't stand techno in any shape or form. Only kind of electronic music I like would be lounge/chill out or stuff like Mr. Scruff.

I also enjoy Down Tempo Lounge and Chill Hop my self, such as Mr. Scruff btw I would list Mr Scruff under the Nu Jazz genre [which is Chill Hop without words and more jazz EDM elements] that said... I have like 120 gbs of Nu Jazz Flacs... EMBRACE THE SIMMILIARITIES 
And let's not start me on how much classical Jazz I've got q.q 

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #89,885 of 177,750

Thanks and

PFF our god is SOUND, pretty sure even that guy would die with enough Sub bass... I mean it would only liquify his insides <3 

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #89,886 of 177,750
Do you find your stance on free will and the above liberating?

Liberating? No. Neither do I find it painful. I've actually been a nihilist since early middle school, though back then I didn't realize it had a name.

Denying free will came later, but that's also because I haven't put much thought into it before. And when I did start thinking about it I came across some apparent contradictions indicating free will has to exist, but I later resolved those as well.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #89,887 of 177,750
Liberating? No. Neither do I find it painful. I've actually been a nihilist since early middle school, though back then I didn't realize it had a name.

Denying free will came later, but that's also because I haven't put much thought into it before. And when I did start thinking about it I came across some apparent contradictions indicating free will has to exist, but I later resolved those as well.

Ohh ho ho ho! A relgious or philisophical debate! Let me chime in, I tend to be a literal person... although I love me some Conserative values and lastly I feel Karma is only the outward expression of our inner sub concious thoughts and desires, those inclined towards negative thinking and desires will eventually lead them selvs deeper into what ever negative state they are in, the same for positive thinking

Ofc though, this assumes that the concept of "good" and "bad" remains some what consistent amoung others, still the lazy will eventually starve [ in some fashion] and us kind folk end up with riches [of some kind]

Although, by the same token everything is in perspective, twist your perspective enough and you can be what ever, who ever or where ever you feel like. If you can convince your self of it it's real... although the Law's of Physics will "ground" your perspective from time to time, out side of that I suppose reality is [like most things] very subjective 

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #89,889 of 177,750
Ohh ho ho ho! A relgious or philisophical debate! Let me chime in, I tend to be a literal person... although I love me some Conserative values and lastly I feel Karma is only the outward expression of our inner sub concious thoughts and desires, those inclined towards negative thinking and desires will eventually lead them selvs deeper into what ever negative state they are in, the same for positive thinking

I believe the subconscious is a stupid term even. There is the conscious; everything rooted in perception, and the subconscious would be everything else, from the beating of our hearts to every part of digestion. It's a mere concept we use to describe our actions being influenced by things other than that which we perceive immediately (which includes our streams of thought).

Ofc though, this assumes that the concept of "good" and "bad" remains some what consistent amoung others, still the lazy will eventually starve [ in some fashion] and us kind folk end up with riches [of some kind]

I see the concept of good and bad as something only meant for sociological goals. That is, such concepts find their need in coexisting and thriving as a species and/or society. It stops us from hindering our own progress.
But in the end, ethics is only a tool, it has no higher goal or meaning. One could say that 'the universe' doesn't care if we kill a person. But society does, because if it didn't we'd go extinct, which is contrary to evolutionary purposes.

Those who act good may indeed find riches more easily, but that's because being kind means you get along better with people, which is tremendously useful in obtaining a good social standing. Acting like a jerk has opposite effects. So there's definitely a source of truth to the concept of karma, but it gives actions and intrinsic value measured by ethics, which is in my opinion rather arbitrary.

Although, by the same token everything is in perspective, twist your perspective enough and you can be what ever, who ever or where ever you feel like. If you can convince your self of it it's real... although the Law's of Physics will "ground" your perspective from time to time, out side of that I suppose reality is [like most things] very subjective 

Indeed. Everything is about being convinced of truth. I could very well be wrong with my philosophical points of view, but I don't care. After all, changing my philosophical views doesn't change who I am, so going through all the evidence for all possible views would just waste my own time, even if it did have effect. It's all about efficiency.

Also, please make a decent effort at correct spelling and grammar. Especially the former, since it's easy to fix; all you need is a spelling checker installed on your browser.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #89,890 of 177,750
Indeed. Everything is about being convinced of truth. I could very well be wrong with my philosophical points of view, but I don't care. After all, changing my philosophical views doesn't change who I am, so going through all the evidence for all possible views would just waste my own time, even if it did have effect. It's all about efficiency.

Also, please make a decent effort at correct spelling and grammar. Especially the former, since it's easy to fix; all you need is a spelling checker installed on your browser.

Head fi does not like Google Chromes Spell checker... it never let's me use it, in addition

has the galaxy forced you to be the Grammar Nazi <3

Lastly, yea conscious; everything rooted in perception, and the subconscious would be everything else

makes sense, although where do the things we choose to ignore fit in? Through perception we un root them from our minds...

and I just like talking about this stuff, it's interesting to see how others view and think things, and I'd rather you disagree with everything I said then agree on anything [ so long as your disagreement is based in reason and is sincere] conflict or dis unity breeds growth and expansion. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #89,891 of 177,750
Tilpo, could you give me a example of how your journey towards these beliefs has affected your personality?

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #89,892 of 177,750
Tilpo, could you give me a example of how your journey towards these beliefs has affected your personality?

Pff who cares about that

OMG watching LoK Book2 Ep 1 wow the MUSIC is AWESOME

any one have any idea how I can Rip the Audio out of the Mkv and end up with some sort of lossess? I mean it's 384 kbs audio... I'd like to end up with a wav honestly... 

Although I could Stero mix it and capture it live stream 

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #89,893 of 177,750

That's impossible to answer. As I've said, I've had the majority of these beliefs since early middle school, the time when personality always changes quite a bit.
I would say they do not affect my personality, since it's part of my personality. You could ask: 'what would I be like with different beliefs', but then it's actually the other way around; I believe my personality has caused me to become nihilist, and not my nihilism affecting my personality.

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #89,894 of 177,750
I just noticed that in the Index movie, if Touma had just held the CEO's hand when she was fatally wounded, it wouldn't have ended up like that. lol.

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #89,895 of 177,750
SnK is getting a 7/10 out of me from 9. Oh My Shoe and Mikasa did a great job at being so annoying by having voice, compared to the manga. And the constant "war is HELL ON A STICK YOU MUST DESPAIR" grates on me too much. At least all the budget went to nice looking fights and WoT-worthy matches OST...

I like the characters when I imagined them to be less blatant because the manga is monthly and my memory between chapters are hazy. At least all the budget went to nice looking fights and WoT-worthy matches OST...

At least it'll have cheesy OP and orchestral fight OST...

At least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back