「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 22, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #50,986 of 177,747
Quote:
00 movie was some kind of cluster[redacted]. Paved the way to ******* ALIENS in Gundam (or was AGE out first?)

@eve Got Unicode enabled in the tagging options? Having not used dbpoweramp for a while, but usually the ????? thingy is from no Unicode. Or something along the lines of that...

Unicode?

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #50,988 of 177,747
Quote:
dbpoweramp configuration - codecs - Advanced options -  Text encoding - switch from ANSI to Unicode for whatever you need. 

That didn't work. I still have the same ???? problem.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #50,989 of 177,747
Quote:

Space Dog says hello:
*picture*

gg's subs for the beginning are ****** hilarious. Was the best part of the film. 

LOL.

Ugh, I hate it when there's no continuation/no manga chapters scanned/2nd season a few months away. ARG. I CAN'T WAIT. I will read all of the translated OreImo  LN chapters by the end of this or next week.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #50,991 of 177,747
^^ Yeah, when you've messed up the text encoding once, unless you have the original metadata/file somewhere, can't change it back. Should have used UTF8 the first tome around. Just grab the metadata from an online database or tag it manually this time.

Oh, and +1 for the the foobar converting - you can even check to preview how the text is going to turn out. Personally I have Beets (the veggie not the headphones) and mediamonkey on a virtual machine to take care of library/tagging management.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #50,992 of 177,747
Quote:
^^ Yeah, when you've messed up the text encoding once, unless you have the original metadata/file somewhere, can't change it back. Should have used UTF8 the first tome around. Just grab the metadata from an online database or tag it manually this time.

At least when I convert it to ALAC it still works :D

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #50,994 of 177,747
Originally Posted by TwinQY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh I hate tagging, half my crap is in romaji, and the other half in Japanese characters. It kind of makes it a pain to search for stuff.

The tagging function in foobar is great, but most of my stuff is doujin, and it ain't on any databases.

So the Christain preachers (I don't mean that facetiously) swung around just then, and gave me the low down on how all the languages and cultures came to be, how interesting! Next time, he'll tell me a few different versions of the same story from other religions, and the 'correct' Christian version. 
size]

Eve, just use foobar!

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #50,996 of 177,747
Yeah, like deadly said, just use foobar. Saves a ton of hassle. LAME is err...lame like that.

Usually the Japanese character thing is not worrisome when I'm dealing with flac, but when putting mp3s on my Clip Zip, the few fonts with Unicode are way too big for the screen. So I have to prune out my jap/Chinese/Korean songs, encode them all to jap region formats, so I can use a nice pretty font that fits.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #50,998 of 177,747
Quote:
Yeah, like deadly said, just use foobar. Saves a ton of hassle. LAME is err...lame like that.

Usually the Japanese character thing is not worrisome when I'm dealing with flac, but when putting mp3s on my Clip Zip, the few fonts with Unicode are way too big for the screen. So I have to prune out my jap/Chinese/Korean songs, encode them all to jap region formats, so I can use a nice pretty font that fits.

How do I use foobar? When I select the folder I want to convert, it asks me for another file. I think they're looking for a LAME.exe

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #50,999 of 177,747
Quote:
oyasumi mi amicos. Time to finish things :) and read 15 chapters of some american lit. good stuff.

lol oyasumi! I'm just getting my English homework done now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back