「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #409 of 177,752

Quote:
Hmm true. Maybe a bit immature about that last sentence. But it does feel like a great start for what hopefully a scary series. Can't remember what's the last horror anime I watched. Next in queue from Winter 2012 are rinne no lagrange, mouretsu pirates, and senki zesshou symphogear. Wasn't interested of symphogear before, until I saw some bloodshed in some preview pics of it. In a somewhat light-hearted looking show.

Symphogear is kinda messed up lol. But yeah, I do think that it started off well so your sentence wasn't that premature. I just hate seeing these types of shows get really pretentious.

Did anyone take an unanticipated big amount of shows in this season? I mean christ, I was not expecting to watching 17 shows let alone the possible two more that I also might want to check out depending on people's reactions.

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #411 of 177,752
Wow you're not very picky at your shows. Also fun fact I just discovered tonight: I finally looked up my to-watch list. Under "fan service anime", guess what I found. Horizon. Ridunkulous. Myabe my bad toxic reaction to it is because of subtle exam stress? I wonder.

I thought you put up that avatar because you saw Horizon. :p

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #412 of 177,752

Quote:
Wow you're not very picky at your shows. Also fun fact I just discovered tonight: I finally looked up my to-watch list. Under "fan service anime", guess what I found. Horizon. Ridunkulous. Myabe my bad toxic reaction to it is because of subtle exam stress? I wonder.

I am not picky with genres, that's for sure. But I am also willing to give a lot of things a chance. I anticipate to drop at least two...but even then, this season has been unusual for me. I have not had this many ongoing shows in nearly 4 years....

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #413 of 177,752

Quote:

BUT ANYWAY,  Papa no Iukoto was adorable and Ano Natsu de had a great old school feel with a new school twist to it. The director and character designer are two of some of my favorite people in anime.

papa no ikoto WAS fricking adorable yes it was. i also saw ano natsu. the girl looks like from please teacher. 

Quote:

How do you like it so far? First 20 episodes can seem a bit slow(though still really good) and the anime hits the rising action around episode 40 or so and climaxes pretty hard in the 70s on up. But At episode 40, I personally just realized how amazing those first episodes were in how they set up everything. But I'll stop commenting and let you form your own opinion :)

haha im at 40+ and it's pretty good. i still like Code Geass as it had a lot more side story and slice of life things. but this is great too

Quote:
Nope, I'm black
beyersmile.png
. Combo breaker, etc.

nooooo!!! why break combo!!

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #414 of 177,752
Anyone watched the new Amagami SS+? Managed to catch my attention, even without subs. Then again, it helps to know enough Japanese to get around. Again, omnibus format so you can basically start anywhere, as long as it's an odd numbered episode.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #415 of 177,752

Quote:

BUT ANYWAY,  Papa no Iukoto was adorable and Ano Natsu de had a great old school feel with a new school twist to it. The director and character designer are two of some of my favorite people in anime.

Hmm looked up papa no iukoto. I'm not the target audience, that's for sure. So I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
I thought you put up that avatar because you saw Horizon.
tongue.gif

Haha, I wish. But yotsubato! is a laid back manga that's worth a read.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #416 of 177,752
New Guilty Crown episode, yay. I really dislike this series, but I gotta keep watching it.

2012 seems interesting, but I'll wait for everything to get batched, then watch. I just want to finish GC as it's the only anime left I've been watching since last year.

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #417 of 177,752
My thoughts on Mouretsu pirates: feels great as a 1st episode. It's not too cheesy, not too fan-servicey yet. Has a great background setting. Since it'll get narrated to the viewer anyways, I'll say this: in their effort to liberate themselves from a galactic empire, the planet (can't remember lol) made a treaty to space pirates, giving them legal clearance to engage and attack on any empire ships. And the anime takes place 100 years after that. So it's a sci-fi setting.

Animation looks high quality. The BGM and soundtrack fits the setting too. The character faces gives of a Mai-Hime / Mai-Otome style. Maybe it's by the same artist; I didn't check though. Voice acting sounds good and not out of place. 

Needless to say, I'm waiting with anticipation for the next episode. So far so good with Winter 2012. I like.

Just watched Rinne no Lagrange. :3
Some sort of aliens vs. Earth vibe with a female females as the pilots of alien mechas. It gave me the same vibe as Fafner of the azure, except that it has more fan service. Fairly irked about it, but I guess I should loosen up a bit and treat it as my "fun times, relax, no serious story" series. Surprising though as it kicked me straight into the story without much explanation. maybe that's how the publisher, in this case Production I.G., intend to hook people to watch the next installment. And they did hook me. But time will tell if I keep watching this, and for now, I will.

The OP and ED songs pretty much match the mood of the anime IMO, happy and cheerful bunch of young adolescent girls piloting alien mechas and growing up.

Aha! That's it. I think this feels like a teenage Strike Witches. So less weirdness should entail if anyone should stumble upon you watching this.

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #418 of 177,752

Quote:
New Guilty Crown episode, yay. I really dislike this series, but I gotta keep watching it.

2012 seems interesting, but I'll wait for everything to get batched, then watch. I just want to finish GC as it's the only anime left I've been watching since last year.

yeah i had mixed feelings of GC too. the latest episode solved a lot of questions..but really was one of the worst episodes of the entire series

Quote:
My thoughts on Mouretsu pirates: feels great as a 1st episode. It's not too cheesy, not too fan-servicey yet. Has a great background setting. Since it'll get narrated to the viewer anyways, I'll say this: in their effort to liberate themselves from a galactic empire, the planet (can't remember lol) made a treaty to space pirates, giving them legal clearance to engage and attack on any empire ships. And the anime takes place 100 years after that. So it's a sci-fi setting.

Animation looks high quality. The BGM and soundtrack fits the setting too. The character faces gives of a Mai-Hime / Mai-Otome style. Maybe it's by the same artist; I didn't check though. Voice acting sounds good and not out of place. 

Needless to say, I'm waiting with anticipation for the next episode. So far so good with Winter 2012. I like.

Just watched Rinne no Lagrange. :3
Some sort of aliens vs. Earth vibe with a female females as the pilots of alien mechas. It gave me the same vibe as Fafner of the azure, except that it has more fan service. Fairly irked about it, but I guess I should loosen up a bit and treat it as my "fun times, relax, no serious story" series. Surprising though as it kicked me straight into the story without much explanation. maybe that's how the publisher, in this case Production I.G., intend to hook people to watch the next installment. And they did hook me. But time will tell if I keep watching this, and for now, I will.

The OP and ED songs pretty much match the mood of the anime IMO, happy and cheerful bunch of young adolescent girls piloting alien mechas and growing up.

Aha! That's it. I think this feels like a teenage Strike Witches. So less weirdness should entail if anyone should stumble upon you watching this.

hmm yeah you're not into the papa no iku target audience :/ i can't tell which one you are talking about. there are sooo many mecha this season :/

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #420 of 177,752

Quote:
It wasn't that bad. Kind of creepy in some bits though.

Guilty Crown? Hmmm yeah.. a bit creepy. They charged into ep 12 ....not well. 

great. gg is the only one out for zyphonogear. After ...... sacred 7..... gg got onto my bad list...troll subs :/ 90% of the time it's good. but ti's that 10% fo bad ones that make me go :frowning2:

@Jgray91
Almost!! Almost!!! 10 more posts and you get Head Fi'er 100+ >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back