「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 4, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #168,736 of 177,744
  Your avatar for what I remember is one of the turks (FFVII) 

Indeed. Tseng. But I tend to change my avatar on a frequent basis.

Here are a few samples of my custom work:

f86d49c6_yuno009.png
bda47f9f_m2.175.png

My nick was once Squall but then a couple of guys trying to figure out the meaning ended up with the following phrase in spanish: "S Quall Kier Cosa - es cualquier cosa" translated to "it could be anything"

FFVII is my favorite game. Got the 2012 PC remaster but have barely played it. Pretty excited for the PS4 remake. I would get the PC remasters of VIII and IX, but I'll probably wait until I have a better PC gaming rig. I'd want to use a controller too.

And since we're on the topic...there are other Final Fantasy anime many don't know exist.

https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=Final+Fantasy

Last Order was a real treat. Probably the closest thing to a conventionally-animated FFVII anime that will ever happen.

I tried unsuccessfully to show School days to my girlfriend at the time but I didn't want to give her ideas in case we break up

Oh man. haha

For as boring as that show is, the final episode really stands out for me. It's one of the few non-horror series that is notorious in horror anime circles.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #168,737 of 177,744

FFVII is my favorite game. Got the 2012 PC remaster but have barely played it. Pretty excited for the PS4 remake. I would get the PC remasters of VIII and IX, but I'll probably wait until I have a better PC gaming rig. I'd want to use a controller too.

And since we're on the topic...there are other Final Fantasy anime many don't know exist.

https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=Final+Fantasy

Last Order was a real treat. Probably the closest thing to a conventionally-animated FFVII anime that will ever happen.

Oh man. haha

For as boring as that show is, the final episode really stands out for me. It's one of the few non-horror series that is notorious in horror anime circles.

FFVII is my favorite game too. A friend of mine gave it to me when we were in high school (he didn't like it) for PC, I still have it (somewhere at my mom's) I believe I consumed everything from FF (except maybe for FFXI) I played all the games, as a matter of fact I bought a PS3 in Switzerland to play FFXIII

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #168,738 of 177,744
Dragon Ball Super is the only currently airing anime I keep up with. I wouldn't be surprised if no one else here even watches it.

Most of my anime watching (which takes up a large chunk of my life, for better or worse) is spent on material I've already seen. (Especially when I want to see both subbed and dubbed. I almost always go through both.) At least then I know what I'm getting.

FFVII is my favorite game too. A friend of mine gave it to me when we were in high school (he didn't like it) for PC, I still have it (somewhere at my mom's) I believe I consumed everything from FF (except maybe for FFXI) I played all the games, as a matter of fact I bought a PS3 in Switzerland to play FFXIII

Hopefully you played XIII-2. Easily my favorite modern FF. Played it for hundreds of hours.

Here's a really funny related post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/122535#post_10775452

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #168,740 of 177,744
Try and be more productive with your time, don't let your hobbies consume you. :p

Or, let hobbies consume you, but in a productive manner.

AES was a blast this year; learned a handful of things, made some new connections, and I only really took advantage of 1/3 of what was offered there (of course there's never enough time at any convention). What I know about audio is like the absolute bare minimum you need in order to understand what's going on at these events. It was really cool to meet Dr. Sean Olive in person. Super interesting fella'.

Next stop is RMAF, and I have a few things to ask Audio Precision.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #168,741 of 177,744
Try and be more productive with your time, don't let your hobbies consume you. :p

I think you're looking at this at from the wrong perspective:

Following these simple steps:
1. Watch anime
2. Watch it again
3. Talk about watching it
4. ???
5. Profit (monetarily or self-fulfillingly)

Given the above variables, where 4 is to be denoted by the variable n and where x represents time, and cap rate of 8.1 it's simple algebra really:

F(x) = 1x - sqrt(2x) + 3x ^ 4(1.081)x = n

If the force was math, I'd be a storm trooper.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #168,742 of 177,744
Alright, I have to talk about this movie more. I did a search and it would appear that barely anyone here is even talking about it yet.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa

The English name is Your Name. It shot up to the top spot on MyAnimeList.net almost immediately. It's mindblowingly good, trust me. Far superior to Makoto Shinkai's older films 5 Centimeters Per Second and The Garden Of Words. I want to go into detail about why this movie is so magnificent, but I think it should speak for itself.

Mod edit: removed content that goes against ToS.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #168,746 of 177,744
  Alright, I have to talk about this movie more. I did a search and it would appear that barely anyone here is even talking about it yet.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa

The English name is Your Name. It shot up to the top spot on MyAnimeList.net almost immediately. It's mindblowingly good, trust me. Far superior to Makoto Shinkai's older films 5 Centimeters Per Second and The Garden Of Words. I want to go into detail about why this movie is so magnificent, but I think it should speak for itself.

Perhaps more of you have seen it at this point, but to those who haven't: make this the next thing you watch! If you need a link, PM me and I'll hook you up.

I absolutely loved The Garden Of Words and I was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed Kimi No Na Wa more. The soundtrack was amazing as well. 

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #168,747 of 177,744
Like what god damn ADCs they use. :p

I don't *think* they roll their own, they're just really really good at software and implementation.

Yeah I dunno much about their hardware; I was going to ask stuff about software actually.

According to Jude's video, they're doing audio gear tests for free in their room. That's like $10k gear you can use for free. My SR-207 has been measured by Innerfidelity already, now I'm curious to see how it fares on the AP rigs. That and the SRM-252S; I don't think I've seen a single measurement of an e-stat amp before.

How do measurements for ADCs work anyway? I'll be bringing my Zoom H4N Pro since that's my binaural audio recorder; I'm curious to know its noise floor.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #168,748 of 177,744
Just got an iPhone SE and went ahead to setup touchID because of all the excitement (I haven't used an iOS device in 5~6 years)....

Huge mistake. The HK customs uses my fingerprint as an identifier and you can pass customs with just my ID card and fingerprint (customs are automated over here)...
Apple just got one of my auth factors for free, I was stupid enough the use the same thumb for both touchID and HKID :/

It's tough being paranoid about security sometimes.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #168,749 of 177,744
Just got an iPhone SE and went ahead to setup touchID because of all the excitement (I haven't used an iOS device in 5~6 years)....

Huge mistake. The HK customs uses my fingerprint as an identifier and you can pass customs with just my ID card and fingerprint (customs are automated over here)...
Apple just got one of my auth factors for free, I was stupid enough the use the same thumb for both touchID and HKID :/

It's tough being paranoid about security sometimes.

If you believe Apple, it's only stored locally on the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back