☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 19, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #4,936 of 5,932
Jozurr, have you tried the LC with your HE-6s? I need to try some other combos, of course, but I really can't fault anything and do not see any lack of bass, authority, or control using the LC on high gain. Playing around with input voltage from the Mojo, but sounding good anywhere from about 2-4v or so. Would be interested in more experienced (with HE-6) user opinions.

I'm still waiting to receive the LC. I have tried the HE-6 on the Liquid Glass though. The LG could drive the HE-6 to listenable volumes, but the HE-6 lost the bass impact, energy and overall dynamics. The LG had no issues driving many other headphones which I tried on it at full potential.

Once I receive my LC I can post some impressions with the HE-6 too.

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #4,937 of 5,932

Great pictures! May I ask where you got those feet from?

They're Dayton Audio's Isolation Cone Set. The ISO cone is available in 4 packs or 8 Packs, and color options are: Satin Nickel, Gold, Chrome, and Black. They're available at Amazon, Ebay, and Parts Express. They're for speakers and turntables, but I've seen it used on Dacs and Amps stacks too. It helps make Liquid Carbon a little less out of place against the size of Gustard DAC-X12. 

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #4,938 of 5,932
Serial #429 has begun its transatlantic journey.

Delivery estimate is Monday. I've never received anything that quickly, but were the audiophile gods to favour me it would be especially nice as Monday is my birthday   
gs1000.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #4,939 of 5,932

I had assumed you were not actually as angry as your post sounded and I was not at all upset by your post. I do think you are very stressed out by the whole experience, which is a shame, understandable, and unnecessary. I was trying to offer some calming words. Perhaps I failed. I say it is unnecessary because you really need to get in touch with Cavalli and ask for assistance. If that fails you, then please do get angry.
wink.gif

Why don't you give Cavalli a call on the phone? They could possibly hold your package and ship it after the holidays or change the shipping address. At a minimum, they can probably give you some guidance about when it will actually go out.

I'm #1171 and just got Fed Ex notification. Shipped from Ventura, CA literarily 15 minutes ago! Maybe yours has been sent too? 

Yes, I also got my Fedex notification today, status : "Picked up."  Before then, I had spoken to Dr. Alex, and CA customer service, and the best and most practical option I have now, it turns out,  is to wait for the estimated delivery date to show up in my Fedex Tracking, and to re-direct the package to an alternative address if it is certain that it would not arrive here by Dec. 23rd.

So fingers crossed.

New Update:  Fedex Tracking is now showing expected delivery date as : December 23rd!... So now I can wait here and take delivery of the product before heading out of town for the holidays!  Whew! Talk about "close shave"!  

Fingers remain crossed for a pleasant, hitch-free, delivery episode, and definitely nothing like this one:

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #4,941 of 5,932
Order 1207: Label created 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #4,942 of 5,932
Where did you guys get the serial # from? I checked all my mail from Cavalli and the USPS shipping notice (Priority Mail Express International)  but it's nowhere to be found... 

Not that it matters, just curious..

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #4,943 of 5,932
  Where did you guys get the serial # from? I checked all my mail from Cavalli and the USPS shipping notice (Priority Mail Express International)  but it's nowhere to be found... 

Not that it matters, just curious..

For what it's worth, the corresponding part of my own Fedex (US) notification looks like this, with the two crucial numbers being "invoice" # (or original order #), and serial #, both of which appear under "shipment facts":

Shipment Facts

Tracking number:775230014090
Invoice number:941
Reference:Serial # 00311
Service type:FedEx Home Delivery
Packaging type:Package
Number of pieces:1
Weight:3.00 lb.
Special handling/Services:Direct Signature Required

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #4,944 of 5,932
Looks like I am expecting delivery on Dec. 23. But I will be leaving town on Dec. 24. So I guess I will receive just in time to set up for burn in purposes and amp should be burned in by time I get back. Won't get to listen though until following week.

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #4,945 of 5,932
My LC arrives tomorrow after paying £89 customs fee. I am just wondering will fiio 3.5mm interconnect work for use between my Mojo and LC?

Those using the Mojo as a DAC are you powering it the whole time or running it on battery?

Sorry for the very late reply, but I didn't have the time to dig up the relevant posts.

Oops, seems like the posts I remembered were for TRRS out of a Chord Hugo and XLR3 into the Carbon. Oh well, I will leave these posts here in case anyone was planning on using TRRS out, like from a Geek Out v2.

zachawry wanting to run TRRS to XLR: http://www.head-fi.org/t/763905/finding-a-dac-for-the-cavalli-liquid-carbon-only-four-months-to-go/300#post_11630311

Dr. Cavalli's first reply: http://www.head-fi.org/t/763905/finding-a-dac-for-the-cavalli-liquid-carbon-only-four-months-to-go/300#post_11637093

Dr. Cavalli's second reply http://www.head-fi.org/t/763905/finding-a-dac-for-the-cavalli-liquid-carbon-only-four-months-to-go/315#post_11637886

Originally posted by runeight

Run a cable from the 3.5mm jack to the 3.5mm jack on the Carbon. This will connect the grounds of both boxes together and should solve any noise issues.

However, this also means that the 3.5mm output is going into the Carbon's SE input. this won't harm anything except that you won't be able to connect another source to the RCA jacks when things are wired this way.

An alternative is to contact WyWires for a cable that will connect the grounds, but not use up the SE input to do it.

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #4,946 of 5,932
What feet are you using there ?...looks great! Mine due to arrive Wednesday!

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #4,947 of 5,932
Sorry...saw that you'd already had that question and answered!

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #4,949 of 5,932
  Serial #429 has begun its transatlantic journey.

Delivery estimate is Monday. I've never received anything that quickly, but were the audiophile gods to favour me it would be especially nice as Monday is my birthday   
gs1000.gif

What Delivery Method did you choose? I chose USPS Priority Mail Express International, doesnt seem to give me a delivery estimate.

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #4,950 of 5,932

What Delivery Method did you choose? I chose USPS Priority Mail Express International, doesnt seem to give me a delivery estimate.

Express should be really fast. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back