☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #4,741 of 5,932
I got a FedEx shipping notification late Friday EST. when I clicked on it it just showed the label had been created. Still showing the same.

I doubt this is a FedEx issue and seems to be a problem with the manuf./distributor. For example, anyone can create a FedEx shipping label and it will trigger the shipping notice, but there's nothing FedEx (or any other carrier) can do until the shipper delivers the product to FedEx, including arranging FedEx to pick it up.

Exactly.  Trying to stay positive but...​

December 9: Shipping label created
December 11: Estimated shipping date
December 14: No movement at all.  Still showing shipping label created. 

Order # 844

Nothing I can do but just forget about it at this point.  I feel bad for Alex and Co.  This is crazy.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #4,742 of 5,932
Yep. Still no movement whatsoever on my tracking no. This is not a fed ex issue. FE has historically been great for me. I've had more issues with UPS' slow asses more than FE which usually always arrives on the expected date except for one time when a train derailed with my K3003 aboard it. This comes down to the manufacturer buying time to cover their asses. I'm hoping there's a delivery this week, but at this point I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #4,743 of 5,932

Nothing I can do but just forget about it at this point.  I feel bad for Alex and Co.  This is crazy.

For me, it's a headphone amp.  Possibly a great one, but it's still just an amp.

For Alex and Co., it's their livelihood.  They have more skin in the game than I do.  I just really, really appreciate the fact that they built this at all.  I'm sure I will have it  soon enough!

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #4,744 of 5,932

That would be the understatement of the year.

Actually, I find this comment a little troubling but not because the manufacturer/assembler may not be used in the future (that's between you and them), but because the public airing of such ill feelings and future relationships (or the lack thereof) may further exacerbate what seems to be an already tenuous relationship.  As someone who has not yet received my LC, I'm now worried that the manuf/assembler, whether it's a natural reaction to public criticism or an intentional attempt to embarrass Cavalli Audio, will no longer work hard to get through the backlog.  Even worse, I worry that they will resort to doing shoddy work just to get the units out the door and leave you with a tech support nightmare.  I hope and trust that you'll be deploying adequate resources to ensure that these scenarios do not occur.

While I understand and sympathize with your frustrations, I kinda wish such public comments were delayed until all units were in the hands of their respective owners and known to be in good working order.

But it is the holiday season and I'm hopeful that everything will all work out favorably and in a few weeks all the fretting and hand-wringing will be a vague memory (for the owners anyway).   fingers crossed.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #4,745 of 5,932

Actually, I find this comment a little troubling but not because the manufacturer/assembler may not be used in the future (that's between you and them), but because the public airing of such ill feelings and future relationships (or the lack thereof) may further exacerbate what seems to be an already tenuous relationship.  As someone who has not yet received my LC, I'm now worried that the manuf/assembler, whether it's a natural reaction to public criticism or an intentional attempt to embarrass Cavalli Audio, will no longer work hard to get through the backlog.  Even worse, I worry that they will resort to doing shoddy work just to get the units out the door and leave you with a tech support nightmare.  I hope and trust that you'll be deploying adequate resources to ensure that these scenarios do not occur.

While I understand and sympathize with your frustrations, I kinda wish such public comments were delayed until all units were in the hands of their respective owners and known to be in good working order.

But it is the holiday season and I'm hopeful that everything will all work out favorably and in a few weeks all the fretting and hand-wringing will be a vague memory (for the owners anyway).   fingers crossed.

I would be more than surprised if the manufacturer/assembler is reading anything on the forum, and that they would let any of that get in front of their commitments to Cavalli.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #4,746 of 5,932
Alex mentioned he would fly to LA to get things sorted out if need be... I hope he's on his way as we speak...

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #4,747 of 5,932

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I was just talking about the portable production (in response to comment) not referring to the Carbon. Volumes on the portable will be considerably higher and will need a somewhat different approach.

I was just trying to be a bit humorous, but I forgot to put the winky face.
wink_face.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #4,748 of 5,932

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I was just talking about the portable production (in response to comment) not referring to the Carbon. Volumes on the portable will be considerably higher and will need a somewhat different approach.

I was just trying to be a bit humorous, but I forgot to put the winky face.
wink_face.gif

Well I guess at this point we can only have a laugh over the situation. Although, did you manage to find out if last weeks batch has actually been handed over to FedEx & USPS? Also, are people getting empty USPS labels being created or is it FedEx only?

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #4,749 of 5,932
  Well I guess at this point we can only have a laugh over the situation. Although, did you manage to find out if last weeks batch has actually been handed over to FedEx & USPS? Also, are people getting empty USPS labels being created or is it FedEx only?

I chose USPS (but I'm abroad), shipping was on the week of the 8th (mail received on the 9th, package received by USPS on the 10th), the package has been "processed through the sort facility" since Dec. 11th, didn't change since...

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #4,750 of 5,932
I chose USPS (but I'm abroad), shipping was on the week of the 8th (mail received on the 9th, package received by USPS on the 10th), the package has been "processed through the sort facility" since Dec. 11th, didn't change since...

Well at least it's been physically shipped.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #4,751 of 5,932
WOOT WOOT!!! I have movement. No not that kind, (bathroom humor, sorry)
rolleyes.gif

I mean my Liquid Carbon was "picked up" by FedEx, Scheduled for delivery 12/18.
Which means I will be stalking the FedEx routes at lunch on Friday. We only have two trucks in our area. And one of them has my phone number no so she knows how to get me when she needs me.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #4,753 of 5,932
Originally Posted by www.fedex.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif  
Picked up​

My reaction:

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #4,755 of 5,932
#690. Mine is on the move. Delivery Thursday.
Had it sent to my office, cost me a day and $13. It will be signed for though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back