☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Oct 31, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #3,601 of 5,932
+1 Well said, if the Liquid Glass sounds fantastic, and if a Liquid Glass is considered to be in the same league as a LG, then I am very happy to have gotten the last Liquid Glass. And if the Liquid Carbon is considered a mini Liquid Gold, then I am very happy too. Although such use of my wallet might make me become a teacher or tutor again. Spontaneous purchasing is not a good healthy habit in this fantastic hobby.
biggrin.gif

Well you've picked some great gear to spontaneously buy.  I can't imagine what you'd need to get next.

Oh wait... Liquid Portable!  You take your gear out all the time and having a mini, battery powered Liquid Carbon is going to be perfect!

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #3,602 of 5,932
Well you've picked some great gear to spontaneously buy.  I can't imagine what you'd need to get next.

Oh wait... Liquid Portable!  You take your gear out all the time and having a mini, battery powered Liquid Carbon is going to be perfect!

:evil:

Sh sh just got my wallet to come into the house again, must not spook it just yet lol:D.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #3,603 of 5,932
Sh sh just got my wallet to come into the house again, must not spook it just yet lol:D.

Regarding your question in the rep, you'd be surprised what that thing can power.  At RMAF, it was driving:  HE-1000, HD800, Ether, Ether C, LCD-X, LCD-3, etc.  It really does sound like a desktop amp; it's kind of astonishing.  Several folks here can corroborate.

And if I'm not mistaken, Warren actually used it to drive an Abyss!  lol

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #3,604 of 5,932
Regarding your question in the rep, you'd be surprised what that thing can power.  At RMAF, it was driving:  HE-1000, HD800, Ether, Ether C, LCD-X, LCD-3, etc.  It really does sound like a desktop amp; it's kind of astonishing.  Several folks here can corroborate.

And if I'm not mistaken, Warren actually used it to drive an Abyss!  lol

Agree with Dan. Listened to the LC with all of those cans (except the Abyss) and it drove them all very well. Cheers

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #3,605 of 5,932
Agree with Dan. Listened to the LC with all of those cans (except the Abyss) and it drove them all very well. Cheers

My apologies, I was referring to the new Portable.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #3,606 of 5,932

My apologies, I was referring to the new Portable.

Actually I did the same thing with the Liquid Silicon (or whatever it's final name will be). I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the LC and LS in a blind test - they're both great. The design and feel of the LS is rock solid, literally. Alex knows how to make some cool gear. 

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #3,607 of 5,932
+1 Well said, if the Liquid Glass sounds fantastic, and if a Liquid Glass is considered to be in the same league as a LG, then I am very happy to have gotten the last Liquid Glass. And if the Liquid Carbon is considered a mini Liquid Gold, then I am very happy too. Although such use of my wallet might make me become a teacher or tutor again. Spontaneous purchasing is not a good healthy habit in this fantastic hobby.
biggrin.gif

As long as you're buying Cavalli gear it's a good habbit! Seriously though, you've got some amazing stuff. I'd live to listen to the Ether, Ether C and HE-1000 on the Liquid Glass/Crimson... or any Cavalli amplifier lol.

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #3,608 of 5,932

Or you could win one in the naming contest.  And yes, your wallet is much safer tossed out in the street.....

And if I was Alex, I'd probably rig the win to you.  You seem to already be a large percentage of his recent sales.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #3,609 of 5,932
The naming contest is for the portable amp, no? I'm going to submit, "Liquid Poverty"...

Nov 1, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #3,614 of 5,932
Nov 2, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #3,615 of 5,932
Putting my money on "Liquid Helium". The lightest and smallest of the noble gasses, totally colorless and the second lightest of all elements. Seems fitting for the new portable Cavalli. Hydrogen didn't seem like a good idea since it is highly volatile. 

Scanspeakman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back