☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 13, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #121 of 5,932
So excited to repeatedly hit Refresh on my browser Tuesday morning!!

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #122 of 5,932

In keeping with our promise of wanting to offer this no-compromise amplifier at a substantially-discounted price, we are releasing the first (and possibly only) batch of Liquid Carbon amplifiers for $599 USD.

eek.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

We'll begin production as soon as possible after the first 200 orders have been received, and expect the first units to begin shipping approximately 4 months later.

redface.gif
frown.gif
redface.gif
frown.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #123 of 5,932

Specifications

Size: W 5” (12.7cm) D 7” (17.8cm) H 1.75” (4.5cm)
Weight: 1lb 7oz (0.7kg)
Maximum Power: Approximately 1.5W into 50R
Gain: 1X (0db) and 3X (10db), hot switchable from front panel to adjust for different headphones
Inputs: 1 x XLR  (Bal), 1 x  RCA, 1 x  3.5mm front panel selectable. RCA and 3.5mm are the same input.
Outputs: 4 Pin XLR,  1 x TRS , 1 RSA.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #124 of 5,932
Ok folks, as promised at CanJam LA, we are very happy to announce that our new fully-discrete, fully-balanced, transportable headphone amp - the Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon - will soon be available for purchase!

In keeping with our promise of wanting to offer this no-compromise amplifier at a substantially-discounted price, we are releasing the first (and possibly only) batch of Liquid Carbon amplifiers for $599 USD.

To keep this opportunity fair for everyone in the community, this limited production run of 500 amps will be made available to everyone beginning at High Noon (12:00p), Texas Time (CDT), on Tuesday, April 14th, 2015.

That will be the time when anyone (and everyone) can place orders.  There are no reserved spots for reviewers or VIPs.  It will be first-come, first-served to any and all in the community.  That's why we're announcing the opening of orders, so that everyone is aware beforehand.

If there are future runs, we will probably have to adjust price to better reflect cost.  It's possible that this could be in the range of $799, although this decision is reserved for later. Right now the focus will be on getting this run out on time. :D

We'll begin production as soon as possible after the first 200 orders have been received, and expect the first units to begin shipping approximately 4 months later.

Thanks, very much for everyone's interest in our new amp.    :beyersmile:

Alex Cavalli,
Cavalli Audio

I have a feeling you'll be getting those first 200 orders in about ten minutes. :p Thanks for letting us know a few days in advance, and thank you for allowing us to buy the amp at such a good price! I'll be hovering around your site for the next day and a half!

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #126 of 5,932
  Ok folks, as promised at CanJam LA, we are very happy to announce that our new fully-discrete, fully-balanced, transportable headphone amp - the Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon - will soon be available for purchase!

To keep this opportunity fair for everyone in the community, this limited production run of 500 amps will be made available to everyone beginning at High Noon (12:00p), Texas Time (CDT), on Tuesday, April 14th, 2015.

That will be the time when anyone (and everyone) can place orders.  There are no reserved spots for reviewers or VIPs.  It will be first-come, first-served to any and all in the community.  That's why we're announcing the opening of orders, so that everyone is aware beforehand.

If there are future runs, we will probably have to adjust price to better reflect cost.  It's possible that this could be in the range of $799, although this decision is reserved for later. Right now the focus will be on getting this run out on time.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, very much for everyone's interest in our new amp.   
beyersmile.png

Alex Cavalli,
Cavalli Audio

Thanks for the heads up!  I've added a reminder to my calendar and a link to the current Liquid Carbon page.  Hopefully that's where we'll be able to order.  :)

Four months will be a brutal wait.  

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #127 of 5,932
I was recently browsing Cavalli's site for some window shopping when I saw that the Liquid Carbon was actually listed in the store now. I almost became upset, thinking I somehow missed when the preorders went up, but then realized that there was no purchase option yet. So I came to this thread to find more info.

I have been interested in Cavalli's amps for a bit now and even though I can afford the Liquid Gold, I wouldn't call the purchase financially responsible. So when I first heard of the Liquid Carbon and its lower price range I started to keep an eye on it.

Now that its price has finally been stated, I am pretty excited and anxiously waiting for the preorders to go live!

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #129 of 5,932

Thanks for the heads up!  I've added a reminder to my calendar and a link to the current Liquid Carbon page.  Hopefully that's where we'll be able to order.  :)

Four months will be a brutal wait.  

Yes, it's going to be pretty intense all the way around. Plus, when the portable comes out it will be doubly brutal. :)

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #133 of 5,932
I would love to pair this up with the Chord Hugo. Can anyone comment on the headphone outputs of the Hugo versus out of the Liquid Carbon's through the Hugo?
Thank you.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #135 of 5,932
  Dang.
mad.gif
 It would be 1am where I am when the pre-orders open and I probably can't stay up that late to place the order. Let's hope not that many orders go in... 

Not to rain on your hopes and dreams but dream on. Cavalli Audio is going get hit by a tsunami of people waiting to get their one of only 500 units. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back