☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,052 of 5,932
  good to know!
thank you very much!
now i have to figure out the other stuff
ciaoo

Well it was demoed with the Chord Hugo at Canjam and I don't know anyone who heard that setup who wasn't raving about it.  Including myself.  I heard it with the Ether, which is similar to the LCD-3f IMHO, and it sounded fantastic, so I'm guessing your setup will be top notch.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,053 of 5,932
Hey gents, a little while back some of you were asking about IEMs and noise.

Since CanJam I've been working on reducing the noise from the SE jack. I'm pretty confident now that the production units will have (on average) about 10db lower noise out of this jack than the proto. Nothing was changed in the audio circuits, this was just a tweak inside the SMPS.

I'm happy about this.... :)

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #1,054 of 5,932
Hey gents, a little while back some of you were asking about IEMs and noise.

Since CanJam I've been working on reducing the noise from the SE jack. I'm pretty confident now that the production units will have (on average) about 10db lower noise out of this jack than the proto. Nothing was changed in the audio circuits, this was just a tweak inside the SMPS.

I'm happy about this.... :)

I think a lot of us are happy about this news too, thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,055 of 5,932
Thanks for the update. That kind of reduction should be more than enough to take care of what I heard at CanJam.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,057 of 5,932
  Definitely good news for those of us sticking with SE output rather than upgrading to a balanced dac.

Considering all the amps I'm comparing the LC to are SE trust me when I say results from using its SE isn't to shabby at all.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #1,058 of 5,932
On another note, several of you have asked Arli about the Carbon he's reviewing for Headphone Guru.

Just so you all will know, I sent Arli a few headphones (although I kind of surprised him with the care package sent separate from the amp). I sent the headphones for a couple of reasons.

1. When we were chatting about his receiving the amp and whether it was working ok, I learned that Arli didn't have balanced headphones (although was working to resolve that on one pair, IIRC). I felt that, whether he eventually does or doesn't like the amp, or whatever the evaluation will be, it is best if it can be reviewed based on its full balanced performance. Then the chips fall where they fall.
smile.gif

2. Many of you have asked how it would sound with various headphones. I don't have many of those headphones in question, but I did send LCDX and LCD3 thinking that these are fairly common headphones and would represent what many people own or have heard. I also sent a the Ethers because the Carbon and Ether were paired at CanJam and quite a few of you have referred to that pairing.

Arli is, of course, free to use or not use any of those headphones for his review.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #1,059 of 5,932
Surprised?!?!? More like my jaw dropped. You guys should have seen the size of the box when I grabbed it from the delivery guy.

Ok guys, here's the great news, I now have balanced cables to use at my leisure, one of which is a WyWires. For all the Audeze fans out there, the audeze LCD X and LCS 3 will be discussed in my written review as well as thread impressions. For everyone whose heard how the Ether paired well with the LC, the Ether will also be discussed and included in the review. So, the headphones that will be used for review is an extensive list covering the whole map of different sound signatures. The list of these headphones are below.

T50rp Paradox
Audeze EL-8 closed back
Audeze LCD X
Audeze LCD 3
AKG K712
AKG K240 Sextette LP
Hifiman He-400i

Yes it's going to be a crazy long final impressions post as well as a long enough Headphone Guru article. I got my work cut out for me. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask. Right now I've only unpacked the extra headphones but I will be starting to put them all through their paces later on tonight.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #1,060 of 5,932
I'm guessing then that if Dr.Cavalli sent a pair of lcd3f together with his amp, he considers it a good pairing... Is it?

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,061 of 5,932
I'm guessing then that if Dr.Cavalli sent a pair of lcd3f together with his amp, he considers it a good pairing... Is it?

It worked for me when I tried it with my LCD-3's at CanJam, although it was not a long session and wasn't in the best environment for testing open headphones. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #1,065 of 5,932

I sent them because they are common to our community. I would have sent HD800 too if there had been room on the box.
biggrin.gif

I'll be happy to test a LC with my balanced HD800s. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back