☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 18, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #4,877 of 5,932

Because maybe your amp had final QA / QC issues and needed to be pulled. Perhaps the replacement part is in shipping purgatory because the manufacturing team runs a lean production line and the holiday rush is slowing the supply chain down. I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate reasons that amps aren't shipping according to order number. Besides, I wouldn't mistake the order number for a place in a queue - it's just for identification purposes.

I ordered about a month and a half ago, so maybe you've been waiting longer than me. I sympathize, I really do - but this isn't a matter of life or death. (Well, at least to most outside observers.)

Well, I wasn't thinking "life or death," but more along the lines of "fair and unfair."  Oh, and I ordered in July, and I am not usually the kind of customer who typically complains, so this morning's mood is kind of rare, by my standards... Incidentally, I sent a query about my issue to Cavalli Audio customer service, and I have received the following prompt response, which has somewhat had a bit of the 'calming" effect you have mentioned:

To my knowledge none of this week’s amp have actually shipped (the ones you reference just have the labels created). The last update we had from our fulfillment center was that all the amps would ship this week. I would expect that you will get a tracking notice today. When you do, click on the link and it will show the details (label created, in transit, etc).

Thanks for checking,

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4,879 of 5,932

Are you sure about your order no. I'm 1139 too.

Sorry #1137.

Neener neener.
smily_headphones1.gif

(Now if somebody else chimes in with, "But I'm #1137"...)

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4,880 of 5,932
A few of us just have the shipping label created. That's all I've gotten so far, though email header says shipping notice so I can see where the confusion comes from.
I'm hoping mine actually ships today

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #4,881 of 5,932
  Well, I wasn't thinking "life or death," but more along the lines of "fair and unfair."  Oh, and I ordered in July, and I am not usually the kind of customer who typically complains, so this morning's mood is kind of rare, by my standards... Incidentally, I sent a query about my issue to Cavalli Audio customer service, and I have received the following prompt response, which has somewhat had a bit of the 'calming" effect you have mentioned:

To my knowledge none of this week’s amp have actually shipped (the ones you reference just have the labels created). The last update we had from our fulfillment center was that all the amps would ship this week. I would expect that you will get a tracking notice today. When you do, click on the link and it will show the details (label created, in transit, etc).

Thanks for checking,

Looks like the numbers who have received notices are mostly international.  I know on the first batch that international shipments were going out first.  It's not Cavalli doing anything shady, it's just the nature of logistics.

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,882 of 5,932
Mine is on the truck with Fedex, ready for delivery.

I spent the extra $5 to have delivered between 5 and 8.  I'm not taking any chances!

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #4,883 of 5,932
Serial #258 landed and burning in. However, anyone else having serious channel imbalance? Below 9 o'clock very bad and right channel will not go to zero, while left channel does. Always can hear the right channel on 1x and 3x output. Pretty sure that's not in the range of acceptable? Hate to send it away because it sounds so good...

That sucks bad. That's another long wait to send it back for warranty after waiting to get it for months.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #4,884 of 5,932
Mine is on the truck with Fedex, ready for delivery.

I spent the extra $5 to have delivered between 5 and 8.  I'm not taking any chances!
Mine too. But I have to find the FedEx truck to get it. Or play hooky from work. Cough cough, is that a cold coming on? :D

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #4,885 of 5,932
  Well, you have seen the numbers...  There is definitely some inexplicable weirdness (not to mention "injustice") going on there which is not typical with the way Cavalli Audio seems to treat their customers normally...  So may I ask what explains your "calmness" and zen, and why you do not think i should be righteously outraged?

Lets not forget that Cavalli is a small boutique audio company. I personally think you should give them a break and give yourself a break by letting go of your outrage. Injustice and outrage are very strong words for what you are experiencing. "Annoyed" would be more appropriate. Cavalli has been very open about the difficulties with their shipper. I'm waiting on mine too. I'll give them another week or so before I start to even think about getting angry. And, if that happens, I'll contact them before I complain loudly here.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #4,886 of 5,932
Order #941, and still no news about shipment, although I did shipping address confirmation on Dec. 9th, and was promised my order would ship in the week of Dec. 14th.  If orders # 959, 1215, and 1217 have received their shipping notices, then why haven't I (#941) received my notice as yet?

For the first time, I am feeling rather mistreated by cavalli audio, and getting mighty p*ssed when I look inside my inbox and there is no notice.... 

Order #956 here and still no shipping notice. Only address confirmation and shipping estimate week of 14th. How come this is happening?

Edit: just read the potential reasons. Makes sense. I just hope I get my shipping notice already.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #4,888 of 5,932
Order #642 checking in. Got flagged down by a stealth FedEx driver (his truck broke down and he was in a budget rental truck) at subway and got my amp!! :D

He said his drive shaft broke on his truck two days ago and almost put him in the river.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #4,889 of 5,932

Lets not forget that Cavalli is a small boutique audio company. I personally think you should give them a break and give yourself a break by letting go of your outrage. Injustice and outrage are very strong words for what you are experiencing. "Annoyed" would be more appropriate. Cavalli has been very open about the difficulties with their shipper. I'm waiting on mine too. I'll give them another week or so before I start to even think about getting angry. And, if that happens, I'll contact them before I complain loudly here.

Annoyed at least for me is still a little OTT. Considering the motives behind the creation of this amp as well as the above points you made people should be feeling "disappointed" at worst, saved your righteous fury for things that really matter.

The amp will arrive when it arrives, I for one don't have the desire to worry about things outside of my control.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #4,890 of 5,932
Order #642 checking in. Got flagged down by a stealth FedEx driver (his truck broke down and he was in a budget rental truck) at subway and got my amp!!
biggrin.gif

He said his drive shaft broke on his truck two days ago and almost put him in the river.

Oh dear, can you imagine if that had happened with your LC in the back! Now that would be a true horror story! 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back