☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 4, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #4,366 of 5,932
Thanks, for the technical details.

I got this one I like a lot. More like a big power strip a little more compact. I got it two months ago and it was $20 dollars cheaper though.

Sounds like a good choice...I use their Elite-15 for my main stereo; it's a well regarded, not too expensive power conditioner. I may pick up one of these for the bedroom.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #4,367 of 5,932
Newb question. Is 1.5W per channel (Balanced) the same as 3W (Single), or is it not that simple? Taking a look at every amp I can find ~$500 and most seem to have trouble breaching 4W @ 30 Ohm without using tubes. If the conversion is that simple, that puts the LC at around ~4.5W (total) @ 30 Ohm right?

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #4,368 of 5,932
Lol, don't know if this is shameless hype or what, but this is pretty funny. These could be the best amps under -<$1k ever and people will still sell them because they're not their style or just upgraditis

I talked to Terry yesterday and the remaining stock is very low and could sell out this weekend.  Hurry up guys and place the order soon!

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #4,370 of 5,932
Ya!!!!!!!!!! I got my email today. Order #900 Shipping out December 8th!  
Congrats. You will love it. What dac will you pair it with?

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #4,373 of 5,932
Yay!!! Its in the line of 9's (900) already! Exciting!

Nice, I'm #959, nothing yet but should expect one in the next couple of days.

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #4,375 of 5,932
Newb question. Is 1.5W per channel (Balanced) the same as 3W (Single), or is it not that simple? Taking a look at every amp I can find ~$500 and most seem to have trouble breaching 4W @ 30 Ohm without using tubes. If the conversion is that simple, that puts the LC at around ~4.5W (total) @ 30 Ohm right?

Nope, that's not how it works. The amp is rated at 1.5W per channel through the 4pin balanced XLR or 4pin kobiconn connection. If you use the TRS (the regular round plug slot), which is a "single ended" connection you get only half of the amp power per channel. When manufacturers list their power rating, they will always list the power rating into each channel (there is no such thing as a combined power output rating, except in speaker amps that can act as stereo amps as well as "monoblocks" (based on either having two or just one speaker connected, respectively) and can be rated for power output from the whole amp into a single channel).

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #4,376 of 5,932
Nope, that's not how it works. The amp is rated at 1.5W per channel through the 4pin balanced XLR or 4pin kobiconn connection. If you use the TRS (the regular round plug slot), which is a "single ended" connection you get only half of the amp power per channel. When manufacturers list their power rating, they will always list the power rating into each channel (there is no such thing as a combined power output rating, except in speaker amps that can act as stereo amps as well as "monoblocks" (based on either having two or just one speaker connected, respectively) and can be rated for power output from the whole amp into a single channel).

Ahh, I see (kinda lol). So do you mean 1.5W Single and 3W (L+R) Balanced or 750mW Single and 1.5W Balanced?

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #4,377 of 5,932
I'm sorry for being so late to the party.  SO...if there are only 500 total units, how are we in the 900s in terms of order numbers?  Even if it started off in the 300s...have there been that many cancelations? Or did they make way more than 500? I am getting really scared and feel like I need to order this weekend or I'll be left out in the cold. Just waiting for Zach to tell me how well the LC plays with my new Blackwood Zebras. Maybe I should just order it and cancel next week if Zach doesn't give it a HUGE thumbs up.

So how would you spend your $300 Christmas present...sell the Lyr for the LC or upgrade from Uber to Bifrost multibit?

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #4,378 of 5,932
I'm sorry for being so late to the party.  SO...if there are only 500 total units, how are we in the 900s in terms of order numbers?  Even if it started off in the 300s...have there been that many cancelations? Or did they make way more than 500? I am getting really scared and feel like I need to order this weekend or I'll be left out in the cold. Just waiting for Zach to tell me how well the LC plays with my new Blackwood Zebras. Maybe I should just order it and cancel next week if Zach doesn't give it a HUGE thumbs up.

So how would you spend your $300 Christmas present...sell the Lyr for the LC or upgrade from Uber to Bifrost multibit?

Apparently there are only 29 or so left regardless of whatthe serial number is.

Nobody kniws what it sounds lije except for the first 100 or so that went out last week who may have found their owners unfortunately its buying on blind faith but i felt it was.worth the punt ...

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #4,379 of 5,932
Apparently there are only 29 or so left regardless of whatthe serial number is.

Nobody kniws what it sounds lije except for the first 100 or so that went out last week who may have found their owners unfortunately its buying on blind faith but i felt it was.worth the punt ...

There was a demonstration model released much earlier this year. I heard one of the demos at both an out-of-state Head-Fi meet, and was later fortunate enough to borrow a demo model for my local Head-Fi meet - meaning I could also hear it for myself at home.

The demo was excellent! From the very short listening time I have had with my final version, after the 150 hours of burn-in, I would preliminary state the final released product could be even a small improvement over the demo. There are lots of reviews on Head-Fi with regards to the demo and a few initial impressions of the final released product. Read these to find comments from others on the sound.

Simply stated in technical terms, the Liquid Carbon can be used with both single-ended and balanced analog input. If you are in the market for a headphone amplifier with balanced outputs, I highly recommend you get the Liquid Carbon. I am unaware of any better value - and it sounds quite good!

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #4,380 of 5,932

There are only 500 total units. The order number are not reflective of the total units sold. The order number comprises of LC and other cavalli audio products. There were also some cancellations.

And for the second question, the LC upgrade, specially if you have balanced cans in your arsenal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back