☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016
May 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #31 of 442

Would you mind if I get a few minutes to listen to your TH-900?  I've never heard it on the Tungsten and I'm curious about how it will sound.  
redface.gif

Yeah, you can spend as much time as you want with them. Mine have HD800 connectors on the ear cups. Are any of the HD800s going to be balanced? 

May 11, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #32 of 442

Yeah, you can spend as much time as you want with them. Mine have HD800 connectors on the ear cups. Are any of the HD800s going to be balanced? 

That have stock balanced and SE cables for the 800's and I believe they have some Kimber AXIOS cables as well.

For the record, one of the best amps that will be there (Liquid Tungsten prototype) is SE.

May 12, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #33 of 442
I will do my best to make it on the 15th. Can't wait to hear the HD800 with the Liquid gold again. Also, I will bring the JVC flagship to see (hear) how they sound through the Liquid Gold & Co. It's a big fella and I look awkward when I wear them but they sound like heaven from my Liquid Carbon 1st Gen.

(Nope, that's NOT me on the pic nor she will be attending this event :))

May 13, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #35 of 442
Awesome! Definitely plan to come down from SF for the CIEM one, any idea who may be showing up to that? Really wanting to get a listen to the Empire Ears line :) 

May 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #36 of 442
Just a quick update, I'm happy to announce that our friends from Questyle and Enigmacoustics will be participating as well!  We're getting the exact details sorted out now, but we'll be adding a date to the calendar soon!  :smile:

This just means one more day of fun

Wow.  This is going to be epic!  

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it!

Can't wait to see you too. Can you bring the HE350 this weekend?

Adjusted my weekend schedule, I will make it this Sunday~ 

Yeah thats what I like to hear.

May 13, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #37 of 442
...Can't wait to see you too. Can you bring the HE350 this weekend?...

Sure, if I am able to attend.  I don't see why I won't be able to go, though.  I'll bring the Massdrop x HIFIMAN RE00 and Campfire Audio Andromeda as well if anyone wants to listen to them.

Get some sleep!  My excuse is I'm writing a review for the awesome sounding JLab earbuds. 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 13, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #38 of 442
  Summertime in SoCal - for as long as I can remember - has always been filled with fun, celebration and music!

For us Head-Fiers, where there is music, there is personal audio gear.  In fact, for years on end, our SoCal Head-Fi Meets - not to mention our regional audio show (T.H.E. Show Newport) - have all been held during the summer months.  It made perfect sense.  The days are as beautiful as they are long.  The nights are warm and never-ending.  It was perfect in so many ways!

And while we now have a brilliant show of our own in the form of CanJam SoCal every Spring, I do yearn for the days when summer meant getting together with all of the wonderful friends that I’ve come to know from Head-Fi… to share our gear with one another, to discover new music together, and just to catch up with some truly wonderful people that we don’t see nearly often enough.

Just the other day, a few of us were reminiscing of those summers gone by.  Stillhart, Brian Hunter (of Audio-Head) and I were thinking about holding an event or two this summer… to bring that sense of endless fun back to SoCal this summer.  And in speaking with Jason Lord of The Source AV, we discovered that he was thrilled to do whatever he could to help.  A few hours later, we had a solid plan.

The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016

Beginning this coming Sunday (May 15th), there will be an entire series of events all summer long.  We’re not talking about one or two events here and there.  We’re talking about nine events throughout the entire summer covering everything from headphones, to amps, to DACs, and more — not to mention a few world-exclusive headphone launches thrown in for good measure!

And of course, being the consummate hosts that they are, the guys at The Source AV will be providing refreshments at each event.  Each one will be a surprise, but past events have served up Dim Sum, Indian cuisine, endless pizza pies, baked goods, and even an open bar now and then.  I’ve never failed to have a good time there, and I’m sure you will too!

So without further ado, Cavalli Audio and The Source AV - along with Audio-Head as our official media sponsor - cordially invite you to The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016!

The multiple events highlight different points of interest for us.  So whether you’re into portables, or full-sized headphones, or looking for a DAC, or trying to decide between two similar headphones, there’s probably an event for you.

As the official headphone amplification sponsor for The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016, we’ll make sure to have a variety of our reference amps on hand for auditioning sessions.  Depending on the event, this may be our Liquid Gold, or our Liquid Crimson, or Liquid Sparks for the portable-related events, or even the Liquid Tungsten for flagship, full-sized headphones.

But you needn’t worry that there won’t be enough variety, since The Source AV proudly carries several familiar brands.  So you can also  look forward to auditioning amps from our friends at Woo, Questyle, Simaudio, McIntosh, and more!

So mark your calendars, come on down, and join us all summer long for a party that never ends!  :)

NOTE:  Details for each event will be posted below.

Yet another reason why California is the best. Here I am over in the UK with all this fun going on. At least I've no shortage of wonderful Head-Fi friends and good merchants. :)

May 13, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #39 of 442
Sure, if I am able to attend.  I don't see why I won't be able to go, though.  I'll bring the Massdrop x HIFIMAN RE00 and Campfire Audio Andromeda as well if anyone wants to listen to them.

Get some sleep!  My excuse is I'm writing a review for the awesome sounding JLab earbuds. :bigsmile_face:

Ha, i am always up this late.

Can't wait to read your next review.

May 13, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #41 of 442
May 15, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #42 of 442
I went down to The Source today with Warren to help get things set up for tomorrow.  Should be a good time!  

May 15, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #43 of 442
  I went down to The Source today with Warren to help get things set up for tomorrow.  Should be a good time!  

Yes!  I'll think of another place to eat (or if those that ate at Yellow Fever last time want to eat there again).

May 15, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #44 of 442
Yes!  I'll think of another place to eat (or if those that ate at Yellow Fever last time want to eat there again).

Idk, that place was cool but I would like to try something else. Japanese curry sounds good. I believe CoCo ichibanya is around there if anyone is interested in that.

May 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #45 of 442
Idk, that place was cool but I would like to try something else. Japanese curry sounds good. I believe CoCo ichibanya is around there if anyone is interested in that.

The Curry House is up the street so that's always a possibility as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back