π Audio - "Pai Audio"
Dec 11, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #406 of 449
Sorry, where can I find the listings at AliExpress? I've been looking for it but can only find the DR1 dynamic driver ver

Our oringinal online-shop on aliexpress is not available till Jan 1st 2017. We got a back up store there ,here is the link,

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/3-14-Customized-headset-line-cables/2403090_32726945329.html

Thanks.
Have a nice day

Alex with Paiaudio

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #410 of 449
I was originally drawn to Pai by the feedback around the MR2 & 3, but decided to first try them via purchase of a DR1 (keeping the $ for other things..have been really happy with the build, look and general comfort!
Sound quality is solid for the price point..very interested to see what Pai do next!

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #411 of 449
A BTW, has Pai 3.14 audio online shop for AliExpress open yet? Can anyone send a link to it if it does?

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #414 of 449
I have problem with DR1 unit i recently bought at PenonAudio, i don't know if its normal for this unit to have a shallow fit, coz when i try to make a deeper insertion, the sound disappears it seems like there's no way for air to pass thru, however there's a small vent on the front faceplate, but when you try to blow the nozzle, its blocked (no can't feel the air passing thru that hole). is it normal?

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #415 of 449
I have problem with DR1 unit i recently bought at PenonAudio, i don't know if its normal for this unit to have a shallow fit, coz when i try to make a deeper insertion, the sound disappears it seems like there's no way for air to pass thru, however there's a small vent on the front faceplate, but when you try to blow the nozzle, its blocked (no can't feel the air passing thru that hole). is it normal?

Can you post a picture?

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #418 of 449
Hi guys, does any of you own / tried Audio Technica's IM03 and IM04 and how does it compare to MR4?

Currently IM03 and IM04 (discount due to new generation ATH-LS400 is out) are priced very similar to MR4, and both IM03 (3 BA Driver) and IM04 (4 BA Driver) are made in Japan and comes with a nice carrying pouch. I'm attracted to Pai Audio's IEM shape and it seems like the fitting will better than IM03 / IM04 (both looked really gigantic), but I wonder the price is justifiable over the well known brand.

Cheers!

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #419 of 449
Hi guys, does any of you own / tried Audio Technica's IM03 and IM04 and how does it compare to MR4?

Currently IM03 and IM04 (discount due to new generation ATH-LS400 is out) are priced very similar to MR4, and both IM03 (3 BA Driver) and IM04 (4 BA Driver) are made in Japan and comes with a nice carrying pouch. I'm attracted to Pai Audio's IEM shape and it seems like the fitting will better than IM03 / IM04 (both looked really gigantic), but I wonder the price is justifiable over the well known brand.

Cheers!

The MR4 is an average to good in-ear at its price point (it can well compete with the UE900 for example) but not as close to perfection as some other in-ears. I would actually also rate the MR3 a bit higher than the MR4.

Anyway, the IM03 is on a higher technical level. While bass quality and soundstage are not much different, the Audio Technica resolves better in the midrange and treble.

The sound signature of the IEMs you mentioned is quite different though - driven from a low impedance output and using the stock tips, the IM03 sounds rather v-shaped (the IM04 isv supposed to head into the warmer and fuller direction but don't quote me on that because I've never heard it myself).

Besides the technical capabilities of an IEM, you should make yourself clear what sound signature you want to head into.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #420 of 449
It's been a little quiet here since Alex left Pai Audio as a representative (she did so in order to being able to concentrate on studying again).

I've recently exchanged messages with Jane, the owner, and got quite interesting news that I'd like to share: firstly, the "green Kryptonite" shells I suggested some time are indeed finally happening! She doesn't have a fixed date and there have also been some general delays, but I will be receiving an engineering sample of the MR2 with green Kryptonite shells eventually soon (I was promised it as a gift for suggesting this colour some months ago and doing a Photoshop render of it). I'll make sure to post some photos of what it looks like in person if time allows.
Secondly, which is the bigger news for sure, while the lab and process is still in the beginning, Pai Audio will also be offering and making CIEMs of their current models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back