Oppo ha 2 se

5/5,

Recent Reviews

1. SOULSIK
    Oppo ha 2 se - best in the world?
    Written by SOULSIK
    Published Jun 2, 2017
    Pros - Separation. Detail. Clean. awesome build quality. Sim. Extremely portable. Bass boost
    Cons - nothing that I can think of
    Video review here:

INTRODUCTION

Recently on our youtube channel, we covered what a “DAC” is. In this video, we covered three different ways DACs are used. One way was to improve your sound quality with a portable dac/amp such as this one. The oppo ha 2 se and I go way back when I first started my portable audiophile journey. This was my dream device and when I first got it, I jumped with excitement. And here is why…

SPECS:

Headphone Amplifier Output Impedance 0.5 Ohm

Output Jacks 3.5 mm stereo headphone

3.5 mm stereo line-out

Input Ports Analog: 3.5 mm stereo audio-in

Digital: USB A for iPod / iPhone / iPad; USB micro-B for smartphones with USB OTG feature and computers.

DAC Chip ESS Sabre32 Reference ES9028-Q2M

Input Format Stereo PCM, Stereo DSD (DoP v1.1 or native)

PCM Sampling Frequencies 44.1 kHz - 384 kHz, 16 / 24 / 32-bit

DSD Sampling Frequencies 2.8224 MHz (DSD64), 5.6448 MHz (DSD128), 11.2896 MHz (DSD256, native mode only)

Profile USB 2.0, USB Audio 2.0

Included Accessories Power Supply Unit (Rapid Charging Charger)

USB A - USB micro-B data and rapid charging cable

USB A - Lightning data cable (for Apple devices)

USB micro-B to micro-B data cable (for Android and other smartphones)

3.5 mm - 3.5 mm stereo audio cable

Silicone rubber band (2 pieces)

User guide and warranty documents

Battery

Built-in Battery type 3000 mAh lithium polymer rechargeable battery

Battery Operation Time Approx. 13 hours for analog source via Audio-in; approx. 7 hours for digital sources via USB

Charging Time Approx. 1 hour 30 minutes

ABOUT OPPO DIGITAL

From their webpage:

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.

With products that speak for themselves and relying on word-of-mouth, OPPO Digital does not have any dedicated Marketing and Sales personnel. We have spent most of all energy on product design and customer service. We pride ourselves on servicing all our customers right here in Menlo Park, California.

DISCLAIMER

Oppo ha 2 se was bought by me for personal. As usual my review will contain no bias

THE BUILD QUALITY

To simply put it, Oppo ha 2 se is the most well-built device I have seen. It is full aluminum with every detail made to perfection.

The scrolling button is gorgeous and every button is made so that when you press them, you just press them again because it feels so great. For the price, you really can’t find a more premium build.

It is also thin enough for REAL portable use.

Features:

Two Gain Settings

Mobile Power Bank

Rapid Charging

SOUND QUALITY

Oppo ha 2 se adds in more body and separation while maintaining the absolute cleanness a real dac should bring

With the bass boost, the oppo ha 2 se adds in a little more fun to the lower frequencies. I have yet to experience a more tasteful mouthwatering or ear-watering? bass boost

Overall Thoughts

This device was a pleasant experience not just for this review but on my own journey to reaching my “end game.” Although I would not call this the end game for myself, it was real damn close.

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!