New materials, improved computer simulations, revolutionary measurement methods like psychoacoustics, artificial head (head and torso simulation), laser vibrometers and others opened new possibilities for the construction of acoustic devices. So the master minds behind the K1000, Ryback and Renner, decided to apply their experiences to the development of the ultimate headphone – the MYSPHERE 3.
- Since the earphone is kind of levitating over the ear, the overall weight has been optimized to bit more than 320 g.
- All highly stressed external parts are either made of milled and anodized aluminium or stainless steel. These materials are extremely durable and corrosion-resistant.
- The internal materials and connectors are highly elastic and environmentally resistant, as well as attenuating body-borne noise. Durability was a main construction principle.
- The transducers are protected against dust and contact by an open-pored splash-water proof fabric.
- The electrical internal wiring is strictly symmetrical. Exact the same wire lengths no matter whether the cable is connected to the left or right side.
- All cables and wires are designed in a lightweight version to avoid the microphonics effect and to minimize the overall weight.