"The rHead was able to equal the performance of a Sennheiser HDVA-600 at almost triple the price, even surpassing it when it came to musicality and listening enjoyment."
"In summary, I simply don’t know how they do it. Another outstanding product from Arcam, and a real credit to the company’s existing product portfolio. At £399 in the UK and $599 in the US, it represents extraordinary value for money. Whether you’re a headphone aficionado or simply looking to add a headphone amplifier to your existing hi-fi system, the Arcam rHead should be at the top of your shortlist. Highly recommended." Audio Appraisal July 2016
Designed by Arcam’s founder and Class-G Amplifier Guru John Dawson, the new Arcam rHead is a discrete true-linear Class-A analogue headphone amplifier, built for the highest possible performance and to outperform competition at anywhere near the affordable price.
Prices - UK £399 inc tax - USA $600 plus tax - On sale now
This small, solid and beautifully built product will complement the audio system of any headphone lover. It delivers enough power to drive small speakers, let alone the least-efficient headphones, but is the epitome of ultra-low noise, ultra low-distortion refinement rather than a brute force brawler.
- Class A design delivers absolutely no crossover distortion for the purest sound.
- Extensively optimised PCB layout for cleanest sound
- Multiple, ultra-low noise power supplies eliminate cross-interference
- Fully direct coupled signal path for cleanest bass
- Ultra-linear resistive-ladder analogue volume control, eliminates volume tracking errors
(taken from Arcam’s £4000+ flagship A49 amplifier)
- Phono and XLR inputs
- 3.5mm and 6.25mm headphone outputs
- Output impedance <0.5Ω
Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer
Arcam irDAC-II - £495 UK / USA $800 Asynchronous USB DAC - Digital Pre-Amp - Headphone Amp -...