After receiving a great response to our ECL82/PCL82 tube headphone amplifier, it was time to build something new- a solid state headphone amplifier. Why not offer both options to our users, the tubes and the transistors. As a result we have developed this compact HP amp with dual mono design. It is a very neutral sounding amplifier with a slight hint of warmth.
- Full class A operation. Long term, sustained 1500mW output before clipping. This amp would rarely go into clipping.
- Dual mono design: Both channels have their own dedicated PCB.
- TO220 type output transistors mounted on heat sinks. The amplifier can easily drive difficult loads as low as 8ohms. Most planar headphones will work very well with this amp. (90 db and above sensitivity).
- High current linear power supply. With 25 watts built in power transformer and regulated linear power supply this amp amp will not run out of steam even with difficult to drive headphones.
- Very low harmonic distortion: less that 0.005% throughout the audible frequency range.
- Frequency response (-0.5db): 15hz to 40khz.
- Gain can be customized between 15 to 20db.
- Dimensions: 200x200x60mm (height)
- Net weight 3.2kg. Packaged weight 4kg.