1More Colorbuds TWS IPX5 Dual ENC Mic BT5.0

61sOPHC4nHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

713qdU4sb6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71nmNqmLYLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81LphrjSyOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1MORE ColourBuds True Wireless Earbuds, Premium Bluetooth Earphones with Super Light-Weight Design, IPX5 Water Resistant, 22H Playtime, and Dual ENC Mic, for Workout, Sports, Home Office, Gold

Description
  • Premium Sound: Unique full-range balanced armature delivers higher definition, higher sensitivity, and abundant details across the entire frequency range in a more compact design. Experience sound that surprises you.
  • Super Light-Weight: This light-weight and compact wireless earbuds with a pocket-sized charging case allow for effortless portability wherever you go, single earbud only 4.1g, approaching none wearing feeling. Ergonomic design provides a comfortable and secure fit that doesn’t protrude from your ears.
  • Powerful ENC Mics: This true wireless Bluetooth earphones come with 4 microphones combined with cVc 8.0 Environmental Noise Cancellation technology produce crystal-clear voice talk as if you were communicating face-to-face.
  • IR Sensor-Auto Play/Pause: The built-in infrared sensors will automatically pause music when your earbuds are removed and resume when you put them back on. Jump back in right where you left off.
  • IPX5 Water & Sweat Resistant: Have the confidence to take these wireless earbuds with you anywhere with all-around protection from water and sweat. Just fully mind in your activities, and enjoy it.
Specification:

1 x User Guide
2 x Stickers

Latest reviews

little bud big performance
Pros: Portability, Comfortable, A good all around tuned full range BA, nice smart play features, good playback time.
Cons: Tips could be better and black case is a fingerprint magnet but nothing major.
IMG_20201215_095846400_HDR.jpg

The 1more comes in a attractive box with plenty on information on it , something I really find commendable, many companies tell just about nothing on the box but a few basic things.
The one more are built comfortable for my ears and look very cool too. The are some of the smallest TWS I've ever seen.
With touch features and Bluetooth 5.0 , aptX and AAC, Multiple pairing mode and IPX5. The great Qualcomm chip offers excellent connectivity and the BA driver is full range giving this little bud big performance. Call quality was better than average or expected considering how small this is. Smart playback, 15 minute charge for 2 hour playback and a average of 5 hours playback from full charge with dual microphone cancelation round off the feature rich tiny bud.

The BA delivers a surprising low end Bass and good speed in the upper Bass, Mids are forward and clear with highs delivering the right touch of sparkle. the ColorBuds or model ESS6001T has above average soundstage with a little less depth than width but is very decent in its imaging and being a BA this has a nice amount of detail retrieval to it. Sound quality is one of the best Ive heard from a TWS in this price range I would consider this a nice U shape signature with balanced Mids and Treble with a tasteful elevation in the Sub-bass and rapid punchy Mid-Bass.

Conclusion: This is my favorite TWS as of this point in writing this I could listen to these all day.

Finally a 1More offering I like....but not that much
Pros: Sound Quality, Apt-X support, PNI, Latency, Portability
Cons: Call Quality, Controls, IOS App (doesn't work), Long-term comfort, Terrible supplied tips
How I review:

Sound Quality

What I measure here is the subjective and objective. I listen to a few key tracks, some FLAC, some bad quality mp3's, streaming services, audio books and tracks I know have been so badly produced they will probably clip the top or the bottom end. Usually I listen to one album in particular on FLAC, which I know very well, and also Bolero, which again I also know inside out.

I then test a few key variables such as FR and Spectral Flatness using an acoustic mic setup. Some others too, but I won't go into detail unless it's necessary.

I do this just for confirmation of what I'm hearing. I'm not Scarbir, I'm not The Sound Guys. I have a demanding day job, study, and have three kids, so no long essays in these reviews.

I test using:

Stock tips
Spinfit Silicones
INAIRS foam tips
ikko i-planet foam tips

Microphone Quality

I conduct a few different tests, as follows:

Indoor, static, silence
Indoor, static, ambient noise 40-60 dB-A
Indoor, static, high frequency ambient noise
Indoor, static, low frequency ambient noise

All of the above but moving
All of the above moving away from the receiver

Outdoor, static, ambient noise 40-80db
Outdoor, moving, ambient noise 40-80db
Outdoor, under a nearby railway bridge where lorries pass through
Outdoor, in the wind and rain when possible

On Zoom or Microsoft Teams
On IOS (Iphone 8)
On Android (POCO X3)
On Windows 10

All are recorded for 1-3 minutes for future comparisons. I look for voice clarity, voice clarity among noise and glitches, suppression, naturalness and consistency.

Where possible, I ask my kids to also test to see what sounds the CvC or compression method is really trying to stifle and whether it succeeds

ANC (where applicable)

As per the call quality tests, I usually test the ANC at the same time, looking for low and high frequency performance as well as my pet peeve, vertigo and jawache. PNI is also attributed and scored where applicable.

I use earbuds in four activities - calls, exercise, commute and relaxing. All three are taken into consideration to try to find the use-case, as finding the perfect earbud is, lets face it, never going to happen.

Connectivity

I find most perform almost identically, but do the usual walk test, especially around congested 2,4ghz wifi areas. I leave a router on 40MHz just in case it messes with it, why the hell not?!

Other Features

Wireless charging, long battery life, a feature rich app, intuitive controls, good codec support, dual-mode and latency modes are amongst the attributes that get the high scores.

Ok, so onto the review:

Model: 1More Colorbuds

Price: £75.99

Vendor: Amazon (can be purchased cheaper from Aliexpress)

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_p=e632fea2-678f-4848-9a97-bcecda59cb4e

Manufacturer Blurb:

1 User Manuals

Real Life Experience

The Unboxing - 7/10

IMG_20201031_140645.jpg

The 1More Casing feels premium, as it should for the price.

IMG_2030.jpg

As well as the usual fare you get a couple of stickers - cute.

The Case - 8/10

IMG_20201029_202940.jpg

IMG_20201029_214725.jpg

The case is shiny, is charged with USB-C and is reasonably portable.

IMG_20201031_140820.jpg

At just 60mm wide they are one of the narrower cases around, and despite weighing slightly more than some of the others on the market on paper, it feels lightweight.

IMG_20201031_140831.jpg

The case is tall compared to the likes of the FIIL T1 Pro/ T1XS and Tronsmart Onyx Free, but nothing to be concerned about.

It does not support wireless charging, but does have a rubber base like the Jabra 75t, which makes it handy for sitting on your laptop and not sliding off on the train.

IMG_20201031_140411.jpg

You get a total of 22 hours playtime from the case, which is not exactly market leading, but is more than adequate for most people.

There is a single light on the front, which turns amber when the charge starts to drop, and flashes red ten times when it is going to run out, and inside the case there's a button in the middle, I guess to reset and re-pair. 15 minutes charging gives you 2 hours - which is impressive.

The Ergonomics - 6/10

IMG_20201031_140425.jpg

With a glossy exterior, the colorbuds have a premium feel to them. One mic is located on the top on the outside, and one at the base.

IMG_20201031_140610.jpg

The earbuds are designed to be inserted and then twisted so the mic follows your jawline:

IMG_2036.jpg

At first, I found them really comfortable, but after 3 days my right ear is so sore I won't be able to use earbuds for a while. This could be subjective and may be one of many factors so don't read too much into this.

IMG_20201031_140551.jpg

The shape is reminiscent of the Tranya T10 - bulbous and isolating, which it does well. It is also finished nicer than the Tranya so there is no plastic rubbing against your concha. However, as you may have noticed above, I had to switch the tips. And here's why:

IMG_20201029_214803.jpg

The supplied tips are atrocious to the point they actually stifle the sound. On first listen I thought they were rubbish, but after changing the tips a very different sound signature came to the surface.

They are IPX5 and at 4.1g each, they are ideal for sport even without a wing tip, which I usually prefer. The lack of ambient mode would rule them out for running.

Sound Quality - 8.5/10 (for the price paid), 9/10 (raw score)

£75 ain't that cheap for a set of earbuds, so I expected good quality sound, and I was not disappointed. The last 1More set I reviewed, the Stylish, were hollow and narrow. Not the case with these.

They are advertised as 'balanced armature' and whether they are or aren't, who knows, but they certainly sound balanced. The soundstage is tidy - fairly wide and well separated. Mids are excellent. Baritone tracks sound crystal clear. Bass is really well represented compared to the Stylish and came through very punchy and tight when listening to EDM, which is often the true test of a set of earbuds. My preferred styles - Opera and Melodic Techno - sounded sublime, almost IEM quality.

I've seen one review on Amazon complaining about the peaking at 8Khz. Sure enough, when I tested the FR there is a peak at around 8Khz. For me, it isn't noticeable - maybe that's years of dj'ing destroying my ears, I don't know.

I found the sound quality consistent, regardless of music style, and possibly the most enjoyable I've ever reviewed in the chifi market - up there with the Lypertek Tevi. Whilst it's fair to say the kind of sound quality doesn't have you dancing around the living room, it makes you want to lie down and take it all in, imagining you're somewhere other than a soon-to-be locked-down (again) UK in the midst of a global pandemic. And there's something to be said for that kind of feeling right now.

Call Quality - Indoors - 8/10, Outdoors - 6.5/10

Clarity is surprisingly good for in-ears. Inside is perfectly acceptable, but outdoors is inconsistent - even with traffic in very harsh conditions today, you could still hear my voice clearly and very loud too, sadly too loud - peaking at times. I would imagine this can't be good for your hearing, especially with the excellent passive noise isolation they offer.

Clarity - 7/10
Affected by the environment - 6/10
Suppression - 6.5/10
Naturalness - 6.5/10

Connectivity, Controls and Other Features - 5/10

First time connecting the left bud disconnected with nothing around me and my phone about 20cm from my head. Not a great start. Since then, they have been fine. I've read a few reports complaining about them but after that initial hiccup they've been ok.

Controls on the other hand - well, who knows what they are meant to be doing. You don't seem to be able to change volume or change tracks. You can play, pause, answer calls.....and that's it.

I would do as the guide says and change the controls on the app. Except it doesn't work on IOS. On Android it gives you some options to change the button config, but volume is greyed out.

Voice assistant is hailed by pressing either bud three time. Allegedly.

On the subject of the app...it's not much. There's a battery indicator for each bud, user guide and the option to update the firmware. Mine were delivered with v0.21.0. You can also adjust the smart playback setting. This was a bit haphazard as well.

Battery Life - 8/10

A solid 6 hours indicated and just short of 6 hours was how long it lasted.

Final Comments

A big jump in quality from the Stylish but despite a glorious audible experience, the 1More Colorbuds weren't for me. Discomfort is of course subjective but it is a complaint I have seen from more than just me regarding these buds, so they sit very much in the 'try before you buy' category.

Price Weighted Score: 73%

Raw Score: 77%

Comments

There are no comments to display.