Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Jul 13, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #676 of 888
After 8 months of usage this morning left earphone lost it's low-end, not sure what the cause might be as these are not simple single driver design

They are covered by a 1-yr warranty, so you will be good: http://www.mi.com/en/store/service/

They even pay for return shipping, since it's a product defect.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #677 of 888
depends on the tips you use, im currently have them with complys and isolation is superb and that bass... im wondering if like with the Xiaomi hybrid the bass will become more civilized with use.

Im surprised they use proper Knowles armatures, if they could combine it with the micro driver from the tenores they would have a perfect IEM.

I´ve ordered the BT cable and the replacement silver cable, If it improves much more i might put my Trinity masters on the market.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #679 of 888
I keep reading that KZ Starlines are worth using with these IEMs, but where are they available ? I can't find them

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #681 of 888
Jul 27, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #682 of 888
You sure these are Starlines ? It is not mentioned anywhere. Great price though, I don't wanna spend much on tips
Can you also link those JVCs ?

Yes, those are KZ Starlines.

Aug 5, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #683 of 888
Hi, everybody. This is my very first post on Head-fi. Have been reading for quite a while before signing in. I did bought the Xiaomi pro HD after reading this thread. The standard silicon tips fits me well. I also applied the tape mod and to my regret I found they became too bass-heavy and this also caused annoying driver flex. So I looked for a more moderate enhancement of the bass and sub-bass. I achieved, for my preference, a far better rendition of both with a surgical “micropore” tape which leave some air through instead of standard tape that blocks the hole. Now bass and sub-bass are well present and fast, not boomy. Treble and mids stays unaffected, which is better. The Xiaomi Pro HD are now my preferred ie’s, above my 1More Triple Drivers. Far more spacious and airy. Much greater soundstage, better imaging and detail. They already had better fit and isolation.

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #684 of 888
Hi, everybody. This is my very first post on Head-fi. Have been reading for quite a while before signing in. I did bought the Xiaomi pro HD after reading this thread. The standard silicon tips fits me well. I also applied the tape mod and to my regret I found they became too bass-heavy and this also caused annoying driver flex. So I looked for a more moderate enhancement of the bass and sub-bass. I achieved, for my preference, a far better rendition of both with a surgical “micropore” tape which leave some air through instead of standard tape that blocks the hole. Now bass and sub-bass are well present and fast, not boomy. Treble and mids stays unaffected, which is better. The Xiaomi Pro HD are now my preferred ie’s, above my 1More Triple Drivers. Far more spacious and airy. Much greater soundstage, better imaging and detail. They already had better fit and isolation.
Hello and thank you. This is a nice tip and, for once, I actually had what I needed to hand. I've just 'micropored' my Pro HDs and my KZ ZS5s :)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #685 of 888

Great idea! with the micropore tape!

I too like the Pro HD more than the 1More Triples.

Aug 11, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #686 of 888
Just got a pair of these iems because my Piston 3 developed unbalanced sound.

They're far better to my taste than 3s , they're crispier and bass is less boomy. Highs are a little harsh on some songs, but overall they're ok. Mids are better too. Using standard M tips give me better response. If I switch to Spinfit, bass weakens too much. Tried closing vents, but they turn into cannons, to me they're more balanced with vents free.
Sure a bargain for around 30 €!

Aug 12, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #687 of 888
Just got a pair of these iems because my Piston 3 developed unbalanced sound.

They're far better to my taste than 3s , they're crispier and bass is less boomy. Highs are a little harsh on some songs, but overall they're ok. Mids are better too. Using standard M tips give me better response. If I switch to Spinfit, bass weakens too much. Tried closing vents, but they turn into cannons, to me they're more balanced with vents free.
Sure a bargain for around 30 €!

You might want to try micropore tape, which still retains some functionality of the front vent. See this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xia...ro-hd-2-1-hybrid.825485/page-46#post-13641676

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #688 of 888
IMG_3048.JPG
Xiaomi ProHD.

How does it sound?

Paired with AK 320: it sounds natural with wider sound stage compared to my other iems (Little bit above average) clear mids especially on vocals, detailed mids and highs, non sibilant, with enough sub bass presence (non overlapping) and punchy mid bass.

Paired with FiiOx7 on am3 module: a bit musical, fun sounding and engaging sound signature. Crispy treble and tight bass punch. Still controlled non overwhelming. Luscious vocals at par with AK 320. Wider sound stage than AK 320.

With Sony ZX100: Without amp the volume is maxed out. And just enough for my volume limit. It's flat and very natural sounding pair.

Sony ZX100 With eo6 amp:

A definite step up in eq. Switching different sources for comparison I could place it in-between the AK320 and FiiO X7.

FiiO X7 with iDSD Black Label:

This is where it shines the most. With black background, zero noise, superb clarity and very detailed in all spectrum, very wide sound stage for an iem both width and height. This set up did justice to its name...

The Xiaomi ProHD

Needless to say, it's a source dependent IEM, yet a very capable one.

Beyond my expectations considering its price.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #689 of 888
Xiaomi ProHD.

How does it sound?

Paired with AK 320: it sounds natural with wider sound stage compared to my other iems (Little bit above average) clear mids especially on vocals, detailed mids and highs, non sibilant, with enough sub bass presence (non overlapping) and punchy mid bass.

Paired with FiiOx7 on am3 module: a bit musical, fun sounding and engaging sound signature. Crispy treble and tight bass punch. Still controlled non overwhelming. Luscious vocals at par with AK 320. Wider sound stage than AK 320.

With Sony ZX100: Without amp the volume is maxed out. And just enough for my volume limit. It's flat and very natural sounding pair.

Sony ZX100 With eo6 amp:

A definite step up in eq. Switching different sources for comparison I could place it in-between the AK320 and FiiO X7.

FiiO X7 with iDSD Black Label:

This is where it shines the most. With black background, zero noise, superb clarity and very detailed in all spectrum, very wide sound stage for an iem both width and height. This set up did justice to its name...

The Xiaomi ProHD

Needless to say, it's a source dependent IEM, yet a very capable one.

Beyond my expectations considering its price.

You need to block the port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back