[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Apr 17, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #7,026 of 7,442
Ok cool. Too bad they don't fit my ears well, so I ordered the relatively unknown qian39. Lol.

Among earbud users, there are a lot of people who know this earbud.  I personally am a big fan of it for the budget range.  If you'd like more information, I'd suggest these two threads.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up
http://www.head-fi.org/t/812853/absolute-best-budget-earbuds

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #7,027 of 7,442
Apr 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #7,030 of 7,442
Lol it's ok. I'm not a serious listener. Only listen to podcasts, youtube, and some 320kbps music at most. As long as it sounds better than a typical earbud and doesn't require an amp, I'm happy.

Trust me, there are still a ton of options suited for those.  Earbuds have some really wonderful sounding budget options that surprise many that were only used to the old included earbuds that you'd want to throw away.  If you ever become curious, just pop in either of those threads and we'll help however we can.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #7,031 of 7,442
If I understand correctly, you can send your Zen and Asura back to VE and have them re-terminated. Shoot Lee an email for confirmation. I would wait till your cappuccinos arrive first though.

Balanced cappuccinos with my Cayin N5 sound far better than they have a right to, wow. Far more resolving than I expected for a pair of monks (and I already love my standard monks including the cappuccinos), and somehow more bass as well. These are very good earbuds, certainly with the N5. Now I really want the balanced asura to compare.

Edit - espresso not cappuccino, yikes.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #7,032 of 7,442
Balanced cappuccinos with my Cayin N5 sound far better than they have a right to, wow. Far more resolving than I expected for a pair of monks (and I already love my standard monks including the cappuccinos), and somehow more bass as well. These are very good earbuds, certainly with the N5. Now I really want the balanced asura to compare.
The cappuccinos are Espresso? I have that coming balanced and already thoroughly enjoy the balanced Zen.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #7,034 of 7,442
Espresso yes haha got my coffees mixed up there :-D

Lol, it's cool, i was looking for another set of headphones to acquire...haha. I've given away all my spare Monks and have generated more interest. I just might buy a whole bunch and hand out on X-Mas.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #7,035 of 7,442
Jumping back in here briefly to say, "Thanks".  Recently my Yuin PK-2s developed a fault in one of the ear bud leads.  In the past I might have decided to replace them.  Price I paid was $80 several years ago.  Since being exposed to some of the low cost (under $10!) options here, that's no longer necessary - especially given I've found I actually prefer the sound of the Phillips SHE3800.  Don't recall names of the HeadFi members that had recommended them in the first place but THANK YOU.  Just ordered another two pair of the Phillips from FastTech.  Hope they sound as good as the ones I have right now. 

BTW - not just my hearing with these.  I sent a pair to a bud in Cali.  He normally listens to some decent AKGs.  He's been enjoying the SHE3800s too.  A nice change up from his AKGs.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back