[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Apr 11, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #7,006 of 7,442
They fit me fine & theyre great earbuds, but if you need something smaller it might be worth avoiding the ones like these and the TY earbuds which all have similar size shells. Good options include the Qian 39 and Yinman 150 which are both small and comfortable. It doesn't matter how good the sound is, if they're not comfortable for you, its going to be no fun.
I see. I wonder if the donut silicones help with comfort. Coz it seems to be the plastic lining that's causing the abrasions.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #7,007 of 7,442
^ I believe someone once successfuly used a nail filer to smooth the edge lining that causes irritation on the year in the plastic part on the Monk. I never tried it myself since I use the foams with which they're fine (I prefer the full foam covers that came with the old Monk, the new Monk's foams are poor quality imo). The donut ones will do the same but I'm paranoid about the donut ones never being even and also I prefer that extra little layer in front of the entire bud to get some hearing protection and dampen the sound or whatever it does.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #7,008 of 7,442
revisiting the Candy
etysmile.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #7,009 of 7,442
  revisiting the Candy
etysmile.gif

What makes those Candy? Some reason, I thought the Candy ones were a Chrome type of color (Chrome Red, Chrome Black, Chrome whatever). I like the cable colors though.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #7,010 of 7,442
Apr 16, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #7,018 of 7,442
I tried them as I kept hearing them mentioned, my expectations weren't high.

Since then, I haven't gone back to IEMs and have no wish to!! :-D

They're quite a laid back sounding earbud, and they like a bit of power, but I really recommend them.

I keep hearing that the Asura has a great presentation, but I went for a Balanced Zen 2.0. I really like them. I'm interested in trying the Asura...but not sure I want to spend the money. I mean, I could re-cable my Zen and make them even nicer IMHO with quality UPOCC or SPC or something. Then again, I could ruin them with a bad cable swap.  I agree though, the Monk are very much a worthy purchase.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #7,019 of 7,442
I keep hearing that the Asura has a great presentation, but I went for a Balanced Zen 2.0. I really like them. I'm interested in trying the Asura...but not sure I want to spend the money. I mean, I could re-cable my Zen and make them even nicer IMHO with quality UPOCC or SPC or something. Then again, I could ruin them with a bad cable swap.  I agree though, the Monk are very much a worthy purchase.

I went for normal asura and normal Zen..and now I've just got a balanced dap :frowning2:

All spent up haha, but getting the balanced monk cappucinos as a birthday present at least :)

And the standard asura and Zen are fantastic anyway

Tempted by the balanced asura at some stage.

I need for TY to do balanced versions of the HP320 and HP400S, Id be at those like a shot.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #7,020 of 7,442
I went for normal asura and normal Zen..and now I've just got a balanced dap :frowning2:

All spent up haha, but getting the balanced monk cappucinos as a birthday present at least :)

And the standard asura and Zen are fantastic anyway

If I understand correctly, you can send your Zen and Asura back to VE and have them re-terminated. Shoot Lee an email for confirmation. I would wait till your cappuccinos arrive first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back