TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #19,023 of 24,683
Also hopefully i will get my refund for Atlas Delta this week.
They promised me the refund for a month now, but i didn't get anything yet. If i ask, i always get "apologies" or "this week".

That sure sounds like the words of a company that doesn't have the cash to give refunds. I bet you end up getting a set of masters sent to you and them saying "sorry, we thought you wanted the replacement".

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #19,024 of 24,683
I got my Phantom Master (new versions, not the master 4's) in the other day. I found them on Ebay for a good price and pulled the trigger. I am very impressed by the quality and tuning filters. This is my first iem with filters and I'm amazed at how much it changes the sound. If I want more bass I just swap out the filters, more of a neutral sound, etc. I love the metal housing and even the changeable faceplates are a nice touch (love me some carbon fibre!). The sound quality is fantastic as well, although it highly depends on what filter I'm using. So far I like the gold filters without the damper the best, it provides a good balance of frequencies without too much bloat, although I am still experimenting with them (there's a lot of them!). All in all, I'd definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a nice set of multi driver iems. I've seen a few on ebay going for well under what they cost new and since they are sold out on their website, it might be a good buy.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #19,025 of 24,683
Mine appear to be fine, so you can add that one to the "working" column along with Midgetguy's unit.

And my brothers.

2 good outta 6 reportedly delivered so far then.....hasn't looked like a good rate so far :p

This makes no sense so i'm hoping you are just playing to lighten the threads mood.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #19,026 of 24,683
And my brothers.
This makes no sense so i'm hoping you are just playing to lighten the threads mood.
Of course! We can't be negative here all the time :p. There's no way Trinity Audio's shipping IEMs out the door with such a terrible failure rate. And I'm pretty doubtful there's only been 6 of these shipped out to Head-Fiers, even if they still haven't gotten them all delivered yet (and I don't think they have). They may have become terribly unreliable in their shipping times due to material sourcing, but I still don't doubt their ability to ship out a good working product. The reality is that some people are going to get duds and those will need replacement; it's a given with any mass-produced product.

Some days, it's hard to poke fun here :pensive:

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #19,028 of 24,683
Mine were repaired and returned in about 2mths inclusive of shipping to Asia

JESUS CHRIST

OK, if I ever get these things I am putting them right up for sale. Bullsh*t waiting time for someone who is right next door in Ireland with no returns to be seen after 17 weeks or so. I'm sure they're good earphones but I don't want to use them if they even come back as my patience has run out. F*ck Trinity Audio. I've had enough.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #19,029 of 24,683
Has anyone documented the various lies and broken promises up to this point?

I tried to cancel my PM6 last month before Trinity said they would no longer honor cancellations (the excuse was that they were shipping/about to be shipping) and here I am being told that they're going to ship next week (again).

But I have absolutely no faith in their ability to deliver, I think it's highly scummy that they wouldn't honor their pledge to allow cancellations in the first place, I'm tired of the lying, they've had my money for close to a year, their inability to do proper quality control has been all but proven, and worst of all I don't think Trinity has a good idea of how to do a hi-fi tuning that works well for genres outside of EDM in the first place and I doubt that I'll even like the PM6es when I receive them even if they don't have qc issues.

I've had it up to here, and if I can find the time I want to grieve things with Paypal. This thread is so huge though that documenting all of the lies seems like it would be a time consuming task.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #19,030 of 24,683

I tried to cancel my PM6 last month before Trinity said they would no longer honor cancellations (the excuse was that they were shipping/about to be shipping) and here I am being told that they're going to ship next week (again).

But I have absolutely no faith in their ability to deliver, I think it's highly scummy that they wouldn't honor their pledge to allow cancellations in the first place, I'm tired of the lying, they've had my money for close to a year, their inability to do proper quality control has been all but proven, and worst of all I don't think Trinity has a good idea of how to do a hi-fi tuning that works well for genres outside of EDM in the first place and I doubt that I'll even like the PM6es when I receive them even if they don't have qc issues.

I've had it up to here, and if I can find the time I want to grieve things with Paypal. This thread is so huge though that documenting all of the lies seems like it would be a time consuming task.

Just send an email to them and you'll likely get immediately lied to. That should be documentation enough, guaranteed.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #19,031 of 24,683

But I have absolutely no faith in their ability to deliver, I think it's highly scummy that they wouldn't honor their pledge to allow cancellations in the first place, I'm tired of the lying, they've had my money for close to a year, I little faith in their ability to do quality control, and worst of all I don't think Trinity has a good idea of how to do a hi-fi tuning that works well for genres outside of EDM.

The Hunter very much isn't a tuning that only works for EDM. In fact, it's actually as analytical as they claimed (well, not quite at the same level as today's flagships, but definitely above mid-tier). I mentioned it when comparing to the JH16 in my review. The Hunter has very good sonic ability, but unlike the old JH16, isn't really musical at all; very much in line with their descriptions of it being a more cold and analytical sound.

What they've become really bad at is the exact thing that they got known originally for being really good at. So that's just terribly unfortunate for the consumers. I doubt anyone wants to document all the delays, missed updates, and lying email replies; there's just far too much of it.

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #19,033 of 24,683
I was under the impression the PM6 was supposed to be the analytical and the Hunter the musical and fun IEMs no?

It was meant to be the entire Phantom lineup being analytical and the Icarus being the musical/"emotional" lineup.

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #19,034 of 24,683
It was meant to be the entire Phantom lineup being analytical and the Icarus being the musical/"emotional" lineup.
Yup, that was my interpretation too. That does leave a significant question though. If the Hunter is the absolute best they do and it's on the analytical side, do they not have something that is equally sonically capable on the musical side? Because there's a reason I prefer my JH16 Pro FP to the Hunter even though they cost me about the same amount: JH16 is way more musically enjoyable while maintaining a high amount of musical fidelity.

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #19,035 of 24,683
Yup, that was my interpretation too. That does leave a significant question though. If the Hunter is the absolute best they do and it's on the analytical side, do they not have something that is equally sonically capable on the musical side? Because there's a reason I prefer my JH16 Pro FP to the Hunter even though they cost me about the same amount: JH16 is way more musically enjoyable while maintaining a high amount of musical fidelity.

i have this vague feeling that if they ever manage to release the Icarus IV, barring major QC issues, it will probably be the most enjoyable in their entire line by a fair margin, especially with the introduction of the crossover... but that is a big if given the current messy state of affairs over there. I don't even have confidence in them to deliver products ordered nearly a year ago let alone something that was announced a month ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back