TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #17,581 of 24,683
There is no comparison, both have a very different sound.In my opinion, the Hunters are in a class of their own. The PM6 (I assume you mean that rather than the Master as that would be a rather pointless comparison) is more technical and clinical sounding. The Hunters on the other hand are warmer sounding but still able to extract bags of detail. This is due I think to the vector chamber which gives the sound a lovely natural reverb like you would get out of high end speakers. The bass goes to astounding depths, much deeper that the PM6, which puts a grim on my face ever time (I use the silver filters). It is a nice natural controlled bass though, not some wooly mess. All in all I would say that given the £100 price difference between the two, it is actually a bargain. I would definitely put it in the TOTL category. With both PM6 and Hunter, you need to use a filter with a damper as the treble can run a bit hot on the undamped filters.

Reading this makes me want my hunter even more! ....has anyone recieved gun metal yet ???

May 25, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #17,583 of 24,683
Thank you kindly. I really want to put them (the PM6) up against my Final Audio VI which I think for a single well designed balanced armature pulls off amazing things and costs way more too.

Will be good to hear some comparisons to other iems for the pm6 and Hunter see how they stack up .
Hopefully more of both will start to be delivered and more comparisons will start to appear.

May 25, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #17,585 of 24,683
Don't wait on me, then. I bought a heat-treated Hunter. It's left the UK and I can only assume it's somewhere in the air right now bound for San Francisco for eventually being sorted and sent on it's way up to me in Seattle.

Honestly im glad to see all getting there iems especially when some have waited so long , would be nice to see a gun metal hunter appear though.
I cant complain though as i haven't waited as long as some and people like hi fier deserve to get them first as they've waited so long. And that go,s for all who have waited nearly a year. ( dont mean I dont want mine though lol )

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #17,588 of 24,683
Honestly im glad to see all getting there iems especially when some have waited so long , would be nice to see a gun metal hunter appear though.
I cant complain though as i haven't waited as long as some and people like hi fier deserve to get them first as they've waited so long. And that go,s for all who have waited nearly a year. ( dont mean I dont want mine though lol )
Yup, I expect to get mine next week. Which would mean it was 1 week shy of a 1-year wait from order placement to delivery. Check out the pics on page 1169 if you haven't seen them already. There's a gunmetal PM6 there so your Hunter is gonna be finished like that. Alternatively, just look at the Hunter in that pic. With the lighting, it pretty much looks gunmetal colored minus the slight colors in a few places.

May 25, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #17,590 of 24,683
I orderd the original deltas cause I wanted a lightweight, small, basic traveling IEM. But now I get Masters, the complete opposite. I have weird ears and that IEM shape will surely not fit... and that's not even considering how heavy they are, what a bummer.

May 25, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #17,591 of 24,683
I orderd the original deltas cause I wanted a lightweight, small, basic traveling IEM. But now I get Masters, the complete opposite. I have weird ears and that IEM shape will surely not fit... and that's not even considering how heavy they are, what a bummer.

I hear you... while the Masters are growing on me, if I had to choose between my delta or the master, to be honest I'd keep my delta.

May 25, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #17,592 of 24,683
I'm glad I got the PM6 instead of the masters to be honest if the PM6 has more drivers and are lighter... Having heard the masters for only 15 minutes, I can say I like Trinity's sound, but lighter = better. :wink: If the hunters are even lighter, I might just end up selling the PM6's too.... Wish these orders would hurry up. :wink: Haha

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #17,593 of 24,683
I orderd the original deltas cause I wanted a lightweight, small, basic traveling IEM. But now I get Masters,
Have you actually been told that your Delta (not AD?) order is being changed to Master?
I know people waiting on Delta that haven't been told that...yet. but still waiting. Are Delta not coming as well as AD??

May 26, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #17,595 of 24,683
@Miko 7
Hey man, sorry, didn't want to quote the whole post but I just had a thought:
How tall is the black foam insert?
If you're willing to experiment, how about cutting a set of the black foam inserts in half (cross-sectionally) to reduce their height by half?

Then try the filters again with only half the damping; maybe it could solve all the issues!

Haha funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing earlier today. The black filter inserts are about 7mm long, I will break out my calipers later this weekend and see if variable length makes a difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back