TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #15,946 of 24,683
Damn you all the people who have praised Master and Vyrus 2... I'm already waiting for Master, but now I also had to get Icarus 3 as it seem that to be that the new line of (wired) Trinity earphones are really killing it.
It sounds that 60 pounds is really insane for Master.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #15,948 of 24,683
Hi @Dsnuts, it's been a while since we communicated. Good to know that you are enjoying the Master. I have no doubt with your thoughts on the quality and sure will enjoy then just as much as you do. Past advice from you were always spot on for me. Thanks for chipping in with your thoughts and will wait it out for now.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #15,949 of 24,683
Pretty interesting. I remember Bob said theMaster is more analytical while the Icarus III has emotional sound signature. Not sure how it translates to what people report here. If that's the case l think the Icarus III will have an even more V shape sound signature with thick mids. Also, is there a cable with mic and inline remote for the Master? IIRC it was first advertised to come with one.

If someone could post a photo of how they sit in the ears it will be very much appreciated.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #15,950 of 24,683
Pretty interesting. I remember Bob said theMaster is more analytical while the Icarus III has emotional sound signature. Not sure how it translates to what people report here. If that's the case l think the Icarus III will have an even more V shape sound signature with thick mids. Also, is there a cable with mic and inline remote for the Master? IIRC it was first advertised to come with one.

If someone could post a photo of how they sit in the ears it will be very much appreciated.
Did they say anything about the hunters?

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #15,954 of 24,683
I have had them for the last 3 days. I can assure you it will be worth the wait. One of the best earphones I have heard this year. I kid you not. I am very certain once everyone gets their earphones they will quickly forget the wait times for the Masters. I was on the verge of cancelling my Hunters but now I look forward to them as the Masters are so damn good.

They do need burn in as the bass comes a bit loose sounding out of the box. What I am hearing from them now. Smooth detailed full bodied musical sound. Sound seems to project from outside the shell it is a very addicting dimensional sound. I was listening to high res John Meyer last night and it sounds as good as anything I own using the Masters.

Believe me fellas your long wait times will be finally rewarded with one of the best earphones you will listen to this year. They are not just good. They are amazing!

Agreed. I am glad also that I didnt cancel my master order. Well worth wait and I also did some burn in and now sounds awesome. I am currently using the silver filters with dampers (sp*). I love these iems.

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #15,960 of 24,683
Pretty interesting. I remember Bob said theMaster is more analytical while the Icarus III has emotional sound signature. Not sure how it translates to what people report here. If that's the case l think the Icarus III will have an even more V shape sound signature with thick mids.

Well, if this is truly the case, I would have to somehow redo the order of the Icarus III into the order for the Master IEMs, I would much more prefer the analytical IEM instead of V-shaped, since I believe, in general, that the IEM inherently are bassy...

My understanding of the sound signature of the Icarus III - having seen the description of it at its page at the Trinity website, was the organic, 3d like sound, not the "fun", bass rich V signature.
Thick mids, in my opinion, nevertheless, should be a really good thing.

I think the only true test would be testing the both IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back