TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Jul 11, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #1,141 of 1,582
This contact enhancer has silver particles in it. It is conductive. They warn against using too much and shorting out the connection. It might help. http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/SILCLEAR-Silver-Contact-
Enhancer/productinfo/SILCLEAR/

Other choices send them in or disassemble and fix. Fix might even mean carefully soldering the cable to the pins. Be careful if you go this route. Improper soldering could destroy the drivers.
Perfect. Thank you for the suggestion.

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #1,142 of 1,582
well, it seems my pm4's are on it's last legs. :frowning2:

The left side keeps cutting in and out. Previously, I would just bend the pins and that would take care of it. I even taped the joint to restrict any movement, as well as prevent the cable from falling out.
Any ideas what I can try next? .

My left side was cutting as well.
For me the bending of the pins did not work to start with. However, I found out that i could rotate little the connector of the cable when it was connected to the pod.
Rotating it little did make all the difference. When ever it cuts I rotate it little and it is fine.

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,144 of 1,582
4615553.jpg

Probably just what it appears like to you, I doubt there's difference in the damper media or how it's held in. The black ring might be your black gummy tar, but it's just essentially a adhesive backed ring. Comes off easy and goes back on easy

I know and my point was that it's not double sided tape as was suggested. I know I can remove it but rather not. But yes that is what it does look like. Once removed and played with there is no guarantee there will be a seal etc. I rather not mess with it. I don't want to or find the need to remove that filter. I have better control with EQ and nail the frequency that is offensive way more precisely.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,145 of 1,582
My left side was cutting as well.
For me the bending of the pins did not work to start with. However, I found out that i could rotate little the connector of the cable when it was connected to the pod.
Rotating it little did make all the difference. When ever it cuts I rotate it little and it is fine.

Thanks for the insight. I'll try it out when I get home... will probably end up doing what you suggest, then using super glue to hold it in place. At this point, I'm not interested in keep this pair pristine, just working is all that is needed.

On a side note, I find my interest in my masters waning. I go to my pm4's more often than the masters. the pm4's have much better bass -- tight, punchy, controlled. I also find the pm4's much more detailed, which I prefer from time to time. If I weren't at an age where my high freq hearing is lacking, I'm sure I'd be complaining of sibilance. One of the few perks of being older?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back