Tidal Lossless Streaming
Apr 13, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #3,451 of 5,203
Would love to see a comparison of available albums (quantity) on Tidal vs Spotify by genre.  If and when Spotify goes high res, those numbers might make the difference for many users. Of course, that could be years away.

This, maybe what the majority of streaming interactors await?
Nevertheless competitive interaction fuels purpose and potential service.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #3,453 of 5,203
I have a Tidal student account which is 1/2 the price of Hifi. I bet Spotify price will be equal or at least very close the Tidal full price. So, this will cost me more money per month to switch.

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #3,454 of 5,203
  I have a Tidal student account which is 1/2 the price of Hifi. I bet Spotify price will be equal or at least very close the Tidal full price. So, this will cost me more money per month to switch.

Spotify has done 1/2 price student discount for years, man, where you been?

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #3,455 of 5,203
I am so happy!!

I just tried Tidal Hifi free offer and I cannot hear a difference with Spotify
blink.gif
. I just saved 10$ per month! 
wink_face.gif

Lucky me... 

Seriously, do you REALLY hear a difference ?? I tried Tidal with all my headphones and I found no differences... zero, nada nothing!

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #3,456 of 5,203
  I am so happy!!

I just tried Tidal Hifi free offer and I cannot hear a difference with Spotify
blink.gif
. I just saved 10$ per month! 
wink_face.gif

Lucky me... 

Seriously, do you REALLY hear a difference ?? I tried Tidal with all my headphones and I found no differences... zero, nada nothing!

I have yet to hear a difference, and that's including back when I was on an Audeze/Schitt setup. I spent hours going around, testing track after track. I think it's nice to KNOW that you have lossless, but that's about all.

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #3,457 of 5,203
  I have yet to hear a difference, and that's including back when I was on an Audeze/Schitt setup. I spent hours going around, testing track after track. I think it's nice to KNOW that you have lossless, but that's about all.

That exactly what I think... Back to Spotify for me.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #3,459 of 5,203
Let's hope Roon labs can make more successful inroads with Spotify if they offer lossless...fingers crossed the 2nd Time around

The only reason I am with Tidal is the integration with Roon. I would have dumped them long ago if I had another option. 

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #3,463 of 5,203
We've been talking about this same thing in the Audiophile iOS player thread.  While I can hear a slight improvement on my home system with Tidal, I have been unable to hear any difference (regardless of dac or headphone) on the iPhone with Tidal vs. Apple Music.  In fact, I would argue that most of the time, the Apple Music version sounds better.  Chalk it up to the master version used.  I do have Roon and it's interface is great with Tidal.  There are times, though, that I really question whether the extra $10 a month is worth it.  Personal preference and to each their own, I guess.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #3,464 of 5,203
  We've been talking about this same thing in the third party apps thread for the iPhone 7.  While I can hear a slight improvement on my home system with Tidal, I have been unable to hear any difference (regardless of dac or headphone) on the iPhone with Tidal vs. Apple Music.  In fact, I would argue that most of the time, the Apple Music version sounds better.  Chalk it up to the master version used.  I do have Roon and it's interface is great with Tidal.  There are times, though, that I really question whether the extra $10 a month is worth it.  Personal preference and to each their own, I guess.

There was someone on either here or Reddit a while ago who said they never gave FLAC lossless to the label, 320kbps only, and yet somehow their album was "lossless" through Tidal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back