Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #12,168 of 12,550
I prefer pink noise to white. It's more soothing. Also, pink. Pink is a glorious color. Not as great as purple, though, if it comes to that.

Also, with the new forum design, I finally became a Headphones Supremus on April 26th, since I never officially made the title (my 1,000+ rank got replaced with the Contributor tag before I reached 1,500). In fact, I think a while ago I actually surpassed 1,500 posts in this very thread. Not that post count means anything at all--half of them were probably just defending cheese and Bach.

Apr 28, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #12,170 of 12,550
I lost my custom title, just like everyone else......:triportsad:

.... and some of the emoticons have disappeared.

Yeah, that's an unfortunate loss. Head-Fi will no longer know that I'm the site's third most long-winded poster, or wonder about what the rear end of a cat has to do with TwinQY. The Contributor badges came back, so maybe custom titles will appear somewhere as well, though I'm not sure where exactly they would fit with the new layout.

At least the RS-1 owner beating the Sennheiser veil horse emoticon is still here. It will be a very sad day indeed when that disappears.

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #12,171 of 12,550
Yeah, that's an unfortunate loss. Head-Fi will no longer know that I'm the site's third most long-winded poster, or wonder about what the rear end of a cat has to do with TwinQY. The Contributor badges came back, so maybe custom titles will appear somewhere as well, though I'm not sure where exactly they would fit with the new layout.

At least the RS-1 owner beating the Sennheiser veil horse emoticon is still here. It will be a very sad day indeed when that disappears.

Was very disappointed about the loss of the custom title. I mean, what's this all been for? What am I working towards?

In fact, I think a while ago I actually surpassed 1,500 posts in this very thread. Not that post count means anything at all--half of them were probably just defending cheese and Bach.

It's good to be honest with yourself.

As for the forum redesign, I was unable to log in with my password up until a few minutes ago. Lost about 40 posts, from the looks of it.

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #12,172 of 12,550
Was very disappointed about the loss of the custom title. I mean, what's this all been for? What am I working towards?

Don't look now, but THEY'RE BACK BABY! W00t!

Actually, it's probably not that exciting, but damnit, I'd grown fond of my title, and I don't even mind that I've apparently once again sacrificed the generic "Headphoneus Supremus" text as a consequence of getting the title back.

EDIT: I'd noticed the login issue. Glad that got fixed. I've also noticed that on certain parts of the site the text breaks the menu category row in Safari, making it too wide and causing it to overflow and get cut off on the righthand side of the page. Chrome and Firefox don't suffer from this. I figure since fixes for more pressing issues are trickling in at the moment, and given that it's just a cosmetic issue and not something functional, I'll wait a bit and maybe file a proper bug report if it persists.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #12,173 of 12,550
Got my title back.
There was a problem with the number of posts we had here.
DLeeWebb lost about 650 posts.
Heck, evenkrmathis lost 348 of them, and he's been off the radar since the previous forum upgrade......:triportsad:

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #12,174 of 12,550
I think I lost a few as well. I seem to remember being quite close to 4,100 before the switch, now I'm a bit further back. Not that I care all that much (especially if the missing ones are from seven years ago me, who was patently an idiot), but it is nonetheless an odd side effect--either the original count was somehow off, or else those posts just disappeared somewhere.

Given everything else that's still being fixed, I think a few stray missing posts are the least of anybody's worries, so I'll let the powers that be get on with it. Hopefully soon they discover the white-text-on-white-background links in the Gallery section....

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #12,175 of 12,550
The rear end of a feline dropped from 8,874 to 8,820, but has climbed back to 8,835 with his prolific postings since the revolution.

My own posts dropped from 13,362 quality offerings to 13,221, and has surged up to 13,239 masterpieces of forum foolery from the purge to the present.

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #12,176 of 12,550
Life is good again (well, not for the rest of the forums). I think I'm even going to crack open a pineapple in lue of the good news.

That 15-post uptick is weird - I swore I made less today. I wonder if they are counting public posts on profiles and PMs. It would be the only explanation that makes sense.

It's good to see that fixes are coming, but, like everybody else has repeated ad nauseum, they should have really given allowed for more involvement from the community prior to the change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back