thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jul 19, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #2,746 of 4,190
M5 was my best sounding DAP but gave it to my BFF:open_mouth: Still have and love M2 & M1 (I do like the Shanling House sound):wink:

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #2,749 of 4,190
I own both. Yes, the price jump for the #3 is worth it

Nice, i was deciding between opus 1, opus 1 metal premium or just jumping to the opus 3.

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #2,750 of 4,190
Nice, i was deciding between opus 1, opus 1 metal premium or just jumping to the opus 3.

It would depend on your usage too. In the SQ department, the #3 is more refined, more dynamic yet retaining the level of detail that the #1 has. The #3 really improves on what the #1 has. Plus the #3 allows you to install Android apps - worth every penny IMO.

I was about to trade-in my #1 for the #3 - but ended up still purchasing the #3 on its own. I still can't let go of the #1, its simplicity and SQ is really a league on its own.

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #2,751 of 4,190
It would depend on your usage too. In the SQ department, the #3 is more refined, more dynamic yet retaining the level of detail that the #1 has. The #3 really improves on what the #1 has. Plus the #3 allows you to install Android apps - worth every penny IMO.

I was about to trade-in my #1 for the #3 - but ended up still purchasing the #3 on its own. I still can't let go of the #1, its simplicity and SQ is really a league on its own.

If the opus 3 is a slight improvement in sound quality thats almost reason enough. The extra power would be nice also. I do use tidal does tidal work with the opus3?

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #2,752 of 4,190
If the opus 3 is a slight improvement in sound quality thats almost reason enough. The extra power would be nice also. I do use tidal does tidal work with the opus3?

In terms of power, the #3's output is higher than the #1 and #2 - so no contest there. I don't have Tidal, only Spotify so i can't comment there - but if you would go though the thread, a few users use Tidal.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #2,754 of 4,190
In terms of power, the #3's output is higher than the #1 and #2 - so no contest there. I don't have Tidal, only Spotify so i can't comment there - but if you would go though the thread, a few users use Tidal.

Thanks for the reply, I'm using the it03 at the moment which i enjoy. I could get the opus 1 metal edition with dignis case and get the cb12 balanced cable and still spend less than the opus 3.

I guess it all really comes down if no streaming services are deal breaker for me.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #2,757 of 4,190
I emailed musictek asking about warranty and they said I would ship to them and they would ship the dap to Korea. Does this mean anything concerning? Are they actually authorized? I don't see a list of authorized US dealers on the Bit's website.

Thank you

Riley

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #2,758 of 4,190
I emailed musictek asking about warranty and they said I would ship to them and they would ship the dap to Korea. Does this mean anything concerning? Are they actually authorized? I don't see a list of authorized US dealers on the Bit's website.

Thank you

Riley

It has been mentioned at least a dozen of times that MusicTeck is among a few authorized official US sellers of theBit products. Not sure how else you want the store selling a product to handle your warranty request, to fix it in the store? It goes back to the original manufacturer for replacement. ONLY authorized dealers allowed to send back a product under warranty. And manufacturers only will service a product under warranty when it's purchased from an authorized store.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #2,759 of 4,190
It has been mentioned at least a dozen of times that MusicTeck is among a few authorized official US sellers of theBit products. Not sure how else you want the store selling a product to handle your warranty request, to fix it in the store? It goes back to the original manufacturer for replacement. ONLY authorized dealers allowed to send back a product under warranty. And manufacturers only will service a product under warranty when it's purchased from an authorized store.

Thank you for the clear and concise explanation Twister I did not realize how that worked. I am just very cautious about buying stuff when something doesn't sound right. Too cautious yes.

Thank you and that will be all from me for a while

Riley

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #2,760 of 4,190
Thank you for the clear and concise explanation Twister I did not realize how that worked. I am just very cautious about buying stuff when something doesn't sound right. Too cautious yes.

Thank you and that will be all from me for a while

Riley

You mean, for awhile until tomorrow :p But hey, as long as you are having fun on Head-fi, that's all that matters :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back