The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Jun 17, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #212 of 775
what about the benji t6?

Since I don't own it, I can't compare it to the Z3. But the T6/Rocker is a good DAP, and any DAP is theoretically an improvement than just using your phone IMO. So I would get one if it was me.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #217 of 775
Seems like no improvement.

Unless I'm missing something, the only "improvement" was the addition of Bluetooth. Which, if you are in the market for a bluetooth DAP, is quite an improvement. If not, the regular Rocker would be fine.

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #218 of 775
Bluetooth 4.0 was always part of the Benjie T6/AGPtek Rocker.

The case has been modified to have rounded off edges, that's different and an improvement, IMHO.

This version from AGPtek sports firmware Version 2.0 which likely has some refinements over the Version 1.06Beta I installed and find functional and stable. Unfortunately, V. 2.0 is only available with the new case design and not (yet) available as a download so can't compare the two at this point.

Jul 6, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #219 of 775
Bluetooth 4.0 was always part of the Benjie T6/AGPtek Rocker.

The case has been modified to have rounded off edges, that's different and an improvement, IMHO.

This version from AGPtek sports firmware Version 2.0 which likely has some refinements over the Version 1.06Beta I installed and find functional and stable. Unfortunately, V. 2.0 is only available with the new case design and not (yet) available as a download so can't compare the two at this point.

Oh, my bad then.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #221 of 775
The simple answer is that, at this point, I don't know for sure but it looks like BT 4.0 is the implemented solution for the device in all V1.0 manufacturing iterations other than, maybe, very early manufacturing.

The Benjie BJ-T6/AGPtek Rocker V.1 uses the CSR8811 chip which is capable of handling both BT 4.0 and BT 4.1, depending on the software stack implemented.

I was reviewing original/early manufacturing units of the BJ-T6 and Shenzen Benjie was telling me, at that time, they were implementing BT 4.1 on the hardware, which is why I link 4.1 rather than 4.0 data sheets.

Shortly after I started writing my reviews, AGPtek got international distribution rights and started indicating in correspondence to me that the device they were selling as the Rocker was, in fact, using BT 4.0 CSR. Maybe the Benjie engineers had some issues and reverted to 4.0 to expedite getting the product into scaled manufacturing.

AGPtek subsequently released new firmware, but these releases do not seem to be touching the system kernel. Only UI, file compatibility and directory structuring changes are noted in their release notes, so I have to suppose that BT 4.0 is what is implemented on virtually all V 1.0 BJ-T6/Rocker DAPs available in the marketplace.

Anyway, to make things more interesting, Benjie is now manufacturing a newer version of this DAP and at least the AGPtek Rocker version has the firmware up to Version 2.0. However, I would hazard a guess that, based on early descriptions, the component hardware is still the same and only the case and firmware have changed.

I don’t have the 2.0 version in hand and am not staying in touch with Benjie, so if you are considering a purchase you should contact Benjie if you are in China and AGPtek elsewhere in the world to get a read on what the current specs are.

If you do, please post updates/comments here and consider writing a review that will be more current than the one I wrote last year!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #222 of 775
I bought it in last amazon prime day in Spain for 40 euros. I'm picking it up tomorrow. If it sounds as i'm expecting it's a nice price for a DAP of this characteristics.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #223 of 775
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #224 of 775
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #225 of 775
Won't come from the Benjie side.

Its a shame too because this little player has a great core but really does suffer because of the UI. something like Hiby or Rockbox would do wonders for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back