The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
May 30, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #196 of 775
Right, I'd like to cheat him as long as I can as well!

beat.png

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #198 of 775
The battery management of t6 is very bad. It drains even if it is in off mode.

THX for the Heads Up nesty, so far I've not experienced this issue!

NobleXT6.JPG

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #199 of 775
I was traveling with my T6 recently and used it for some long flights, did not run it down all the way going coast to coast in the US. People that sat next to me on the flights thought it was a pretty cool device so I let them use it, which meant it was playing almost continuously for about six hours. I do like the AGPtek firmware much more than the original Benjie firmware as it finally does take reasonably good advantage of the display. It is more portable than the Fiio X3-II that I typically bring along for flights to Asia and I found that the sharp edges of the device were not really bothersome in use.

Jun 10, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #204 of 775
The Z1 is an audio hobbyist device in that you can swap out some components like opamps, doesn't have a display, etc. It is a minimalist device that, like the Walnut, attempts to deliver purity of sound without any special conveniences.

The T6/Rocker is a small device that offers loads of file compatibility along with a comprehensive display/menu system to easily access its feature set.

Both are built well for their respective purposes. For jogging and other athletic use, and choosing only between the two, I would opt for the T6/Rocker for form and functionality.

However, the Sandisk Clip Sport Plus is probably a better choice than those two players if the intended use is for exercise of any kind - it is much lighter, clips to clothing, has good file compatibility, decent sound, Bluetooth, FM radio, and most importantly, is water resistant by design.

Jun 12, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #205 of 775
I prefer SQ than portability so I guess Zishan is more suitable. Could Zishan read ALAC?
I remember head-fi has a topic about tips, tutorial and firmware of Zishan but I can't fint it. Does anyone save the thread?

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #207 of 775
how does this compare to the benjie s5 and the mrobo c5? is it worth to buy a dap for an audio technica im-50 and a ocharaku shizuku or should i just stick to my phone? (Note 3)

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #208 of 775
how does this compare to the benjie s5 and the mrobo c5? is it worth to buy a dap for an audio technica im-50 and a ocharaku shizuku or should i just stick to my phone? (Note 3)

What kind of files do you listen to? If low res MP3, stick with the phone. If high-res flac etc, you're really selling yourself short by using a phone vs a DAP.

Jun 17, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #210 of 775
most of the songs on my phone are flac and i'm using poweramp to play them.

Well, I would definitely look into a DAP then. I have a xduoo X3 running Rockbox, which is night and day compared to my phone. But there are a number of decent ChiFi DAPs if $70 for an X3 is more than you want to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back