The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
May 21, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #182 of 775
I am using the Benjie T6 for 3-4 weeks now. I installed the latest AGPtek firmware. Running time is only about 7-8 hours! With Bluetooth turned off!!! I noticed that the player is getting quite warm when in operation:
Room temperature: 18 °C
Chassis temperature: 22 °C
USB female connector: 27°C
Measured with a UNI-T UT71D. I wonder if the DAC is pulling that much power. The built in batterie is huge compared to other mp3 players that last three times longer...!

And the resume function does not work after charging! When listening to an audio-book you need to bookmark the position before connecting the device with a computer - else you search yourself crazy where you left off! When listening until the player shuts itself off because of low battery then the battery is so darn low you cannot switch it on again in order to bookmark the current position. One more thing to bookmarks:
When using a bookmark to start your audio-book lets say from file 135 at position 23 minutes and 15 seconds, then the Benjie T6 will start from this position and will play this track until the end and then stops!!! You need to navigate to the album to file 136 in order to continue listening. This is ridiculous!

If anyone out there may consider buying this device in order to listen to audio-book do yourself a favour and consider other players...

May 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #183 of 775
I'm going shenzhen soon, any particular place to get audio stuff from? might have half a day to wander around before my group tour commences

May 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #184 of 775
Shenzen is home to a lot of the manufacturers we discuss on HeadFi but they usually sell through resellers rather than directly. They almost all cater to the Chinese market rather than export and thus seldom have English speaking staff.

Let me caution you up front to NOT buy any Western manufactured items in China. They will either be fakes or (much) higher priced than in home countries due to Chinese import duties. No bargains whatsoever and definitely buyer beware of counterfeits!

As you consider Chinese manufactured goods, be aware that you will likely get a better price using on-line shopping in your home country. Buying in the U.S. though Taobao will almost always be a better deal and you are much more likely to not get counterfeit goods.

I also use Aliexpress but it is even more like Ebay than Taobao. Lots of low volume sellers of questionable repute. Again, buyer beware.

The best approach if you are looking for something specific is to take a look at online sellers on Taobao/Tmall like shop7811.taobao.com and then look at where they are located if you want to check things out in person. Use this site if you don't know Chinese - https://www.baopals.com/

If you'd rather just wander around town, do check out this WWW site for guidance - http://welcometochina.com.au/shenzh...aqiangbei-and-seg-electronics-market-486.html

You will need a WEEK to explore the electronics markets in Shenzen. There are over 20 large malls in and around Huaqiangbei alone that cater to electronics, including SEG Electronic Market (10 floors,) Huaqiang Electronic World (multiple multi-floor buildings, good for DIY,) Yuanwang Digital Mall (mobile phones, tons of drones,) Cyber Digital Mall (cameras,) Golconda Cyber Plaza (more phones and locally produced electronics.)

Go prepared with an idea what things cost - https://www.shenzhenaudio.com is a reputable local reseller, you might glance at their offerings and prices for comparison.

No matter how much of a bargain they might appear to be, avoid used items. Many, if not most of them, have been stripped of higher quality components and lower quality will be substituted.

If you have anything that you want repaired in China, be sure to mark every component before handing it over so that you get the same item components back. More reputable stores do this as a matter of course to prove they are above board.

Have fun and let us know how you do!

May 27, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #185 of 775
RIP

May 30, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #187 of 775
Any new about the upcoming Benjie T8 specs and Stuff?

May 30, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #188 of 775
Any new about the upcoming Benjie T8 specs and Stuff?

Found this
T8.jpg

May 30, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #190 of 775
Found this

:yum:, good call on the RIP for Greg Groucho:wink: I sure hope I have more than 9 more years in me, as much as I like the number 69 it seems many a rocker are falling at that number:frowning2:

May 30, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #191 of 775
May 30, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #192 of 775
:yum:, good call on the RIP for Greg Groucho:wink: I sure hope I have more than 9 more years in me, as much as I like the number 69 it seems many a rocker are falling at that number:frowning2:

Closer than you are...not by much, but still....

May 30, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #193 of 775
I see, well lets hope we both have a lot longer:wink:

May 30, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #194 of 775
I see, well lets hope we both have a lot longer:wink:

I'll take quality over quantity but I still want all the time I can get.

grim-reaper-1-622x415.jpg

May 30, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #195 of 775
Right, I'd like to cheat him as long as I can as well!

upload_2017-5-30_14-1-8.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back