The Playstation 4 Pro is Out!
Feb 20, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #33 of 49
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-horizon-zero-dawn-ps4-pro-performance-analysis

It's getting great reviews for its gameplay as well.

Been my most anticipated game in awhile since it was announced back at E3 2015. Eagerly awaiting my LE.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #35 of 49
Looks great. Too bad I have zero desire for open world fetch questing games like this. I'm completely tapped out of that genre.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #39 of 49
Looks great. Too bad I have zero desire for open world fetch questing games like this. I'm completely tapped out of that genre.

Have you read the reviews?

Lol. Every open world game is a fetch quest to this guy. Well, most are... but this one seems to be leaning more towards Witcher 3 levels of quest and dialogue quality.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #40 of 49
Lol. Every open world game is a fetch quest to this guy. Well, most are... but this one seems to be leaning more towards Witcher 3 levels of quest and dialogue quality.

Because they are? It's its own genre now. You play a hub based open world game, you come to expect the same general design to them. You have a hub, you have a lot of points of interest, and npcs asking you to kill this enemy, or collect this item, ver and over, and over again, with a few main story plot missions sprinkled throughout. There is little variety to this other than the game specific mechanics that separate one game from the next. If you like them, cool, but let's stop pretending they aren't this at their core.

When I say I have no interest, it's because I can see them for what they are. It's a genre that I don't care about. Do I hate it? No. Is it for me? No. Same reason I don't play Basketball games or football games. You come to expect to do certain things from them with little variety.

That's ok, I like shooters, and that is the most oversaturated, copypasta genre out there. I find them mindless fun in short bursts. I don't expect masterpieces here or there, and it's just what I like. I don't have fun with open world games, that's just me. They can be 100/10s. I'm still not about that.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #41 of 49
Because they are? It's its own genre now. You play a hub based open world game, you come to expect the same general design to them. You have a hub, you have a lot of points of interest, and npcs asking you to kill this enemy, or collect this item, ver and over, and over again, with a few main story plot missions sprinkled throughout. There is little variety to this other than the game specific mechanics that separate one game from the next. If you like them, cool, but let's stop pretending they aren't this at their core.

When I say I have no interest, it's because I can see them for what they are. It's a genre that I don't care about. Do I hate it? No. Is it for me? No. Same reason I don't play Basketball games or football games. You come to expect to do certain things from them with little variety.

I've said this to you over and over. STOP doing all the filler side quests in these games unless they are really worth it. No wonder you are burned out.

I've played a schit ton of open world games. The only ones of which I completed every side quest were Skyrim and Witcher 3, and that's because they felt more like main quests with a side story.

I've only come across one side quest on Horizon after about 4 hours, and it was actually pretty good. Here's to hoping the rest have the same level of quality.

The main storyline is TOP NOTCH.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #42 of 49
Gotta say this game looks amazing in "4k" ...1080 as well!

According to Digital Foundry overall the "favor resolution" setting runs very smooth and by the sounds of it the "favor performance" setting doesn't offer too much of an improvement with the reduced resolution.

I only had about 30 minutes to play last night, looking forward to getting to it tonight.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #43 of 49

That's ok, I like shooters, and that is the most oversaturated, copypasta genre out there. I find them mindless fun in short bursts. I don't expect masterpieces here or there, and it's just what I like. I don't have fun with open world games, that's just me. They can be 100/10s. I'm still not about that.

Sounds like your not playing the right open world games then, or are you the type of gamer that has to complete everything?  A friend of mine is like that.  He couldn't stand to complete Dragon Age Inquisition due to too many side quests, burned him out. (plus most of the side quests are MMO style fetch quests in DA:I)

Not every open world game is a series of fetch quests with a hub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back