The Official Cigar Thread
Nov 6, 2006 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,369

Zarathustra19

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, as promised in the Cigar reviews thread, I've created this thread to celebrate the general hobby of cigar smoking. Post pictures or thoughts regarding cigars, humidors, cutters, lighters, tobacco types, and anything else related to the smoking of premium cigars!

Unfortunately, as a college student, I've run out of smokes for the time being, but I'll post as I get the chance. Just as I do in the cigar review thread. Thanks!

Nov 6, 2006 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 1,369
I took up cigars to help quit cigarettes....I know, I know. I have dabbled with cigars for the last year but recently (6 mos ago) ordered a package deal of humidor and cigars from Thompson. They had the "old timers" with that original order and were out of stock when I wanted to reorder. They sent the "pheonix" instead and I love this smoke, very fresh tasting and mild. I like the maduro wrapper and robusto size. I work with a guy that is really into cigars and he gave me a Opus X to try. I kept it in my humidor for a couple months and checked it out last week. It was like smoking FIRE, full flavor smokes are not for me, well at least not yet. Oh, by the way I haven't smoked a cigarette in a couple months.

Nov 6, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 1,369
Hey all, I thought I'd try to post a few pics of my favorites. Unfortunately, Padron is a very tricky cigar to get pictures of without having the actual cigar in your hand. So, I'm posting a pic of the St. Luis Rey Rothschilde. Granted, I don't have the actual cigar in hand, once again, but I guess I'll just try to jumpstart the picture aspect of this thread.

tjohnusa, congratulations on no cigarettes! I'm the same way when it comes to full strength, once in a blue moon.

CI-SLR-ROTN25-200.jpg

Nov 6, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 1,369
I think I'll be the first to post pics of my humidor. It's lookin a little low right now as I just sent out a bunch of sticks but I will be restocked soon enough
smily_headphones1.gif
Should have some Opus and Anejo on the way today too and I'll be sure to put those up once they come.

Top Shelf:

Second Shelf:

And the yard/loaners:

Nov 6, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue
I think I'll be the first to post pics of my humidor. It's lookin a little low right now as I just sent out a bunch of sticks but I will be restocked soon enough
smily_headphones1.gif
Should have some Opus and Anejo on the way today too and I'll be sure to put those up once they come.

Top Shelf:

Second Shelf:

And the yard/loaners:

The second one from the left(first photo), is that a Cuban Montecristo? If it is congrats, that is one of my favorites and the Fuentes are excellent.

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #8 of 1,369
recommend me a box of relatively cheap cigars for a birthday present.

Mild please, preferably robusto size!

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #9 of 1,369
la gloria cubana wavell maduros are my favorite <$5 cigar, and fit your bill nicely.

If you can find them, fuente short stories are a good pick too

Nov 8, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19
recommend me a box of relatively cheap cigars for a birthday present.

Mild please, preferably robusto size!

can ya give some more parameters? brand? wrapper type? Just going on mild, go with the Perdomo Champagnes. Theyre mild and are pretty nice (but are a little more than $5 a stick). Could also try CAO gold; I wasn't a big fan of them but a lot of people like em.

Nov 8, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #11 of 1,369
I really need to get out and try some more... maybe join a club or something. I love the Cohiba Tora Tube so much that every time I buy I get that! I found them on some site (can't remember which right now) for about $ 73 for a box of 10... after all is said and done it's about $8 per cigar vs. $18.99 each at Bev Mo.

Nov 8, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #13 of 1,369
Yes, it is illegal to ship anything made in cuba to united states, but i don't think the person receiving them would mind
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #15 of 1,369
About 6 years ago, I pretty much had to give up cigar smoking because of some nasty allergies and sinus issues (bad enough that two surgeries were required). Prior to that, I used to smoke a couple of times a week.

I still partake a couple of times a year it seems, but I'm a lot more selective about what I smoke when I do. The good news is, because I live in the greater Detroit area, that usually means a road trip with friends to Windsor and Cuban cigars!!
biggrin.gif

I don't have a humidor these days...at least not one that is stocked with anything. SIGH...I miss cigar smoking. Thanks for this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back