The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Mar 31, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #4,396 of 4,580
  Yeah, I'd rather pick them up used if possible. Try to save some money.

I've been checking Craigslist, eBay, Head-Fi, /r/avexchange, and Super Best, daily. Something is bound to pop up!

/r/avexchange looks to have an active listing for K7XX that was posted two days ago.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #4,398 of 4,580

Waiting on replies from the two most recent ads on there but nothing yet so I'm not counting on anything. 

I don't know if you will save much with a used one but hope you luck out, I've seen a few for sale on ebay in the past but with shipping they were close to $200 so the Massdrop price is actually pretty good most of the time.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #4,399 of 4,580
  I don't know if you will save much with a used one but hope you luck out, I've seen a few for sale on ebay in the past but with shipping they were close to $200 so the Massdrop price is actually pretty good most of the time.

There's actually been a few on eBay go for under $135 and even a few go for under $100.

$93

$122

Sold price history

But I'm hoping for around $150 or so. $50+ saved is a lot of groceries. :)

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #4,400 of 4,580

There's actually been a few on eBay go for under $135 and even a few go for under $100.

$93

$122

Sold price history

But I'm hoping for around $150 or so. $50+ saved is a lot of groceries. :)

good luck, hope you can score one of those for sale, I guess the prices have really come down from when they were first released a few years ago when I was looking for one.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #4,401 of 4,580
  good luck, hope you can score one of those for sale, I guess the prices have really come down from when they were first released a few years ago when I was looking for one.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see them going for those prices. I think Massdrop doing daily purchases and mailings on them really alleviated the pressure on the market (at least for those looking to buy - screwed those hoping to get their money back on their purchase). Either way, $150 seems to be about the market price at the moment for an average pair. I just need to get people to reply to me...

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #4,405 of 4,580
My K7XX's right channel just stopped working. Put them on today and only the left is working. I have checked them with other devices, with and without the 1/4" adapter.

I'm gutted if these are broken, as I love them and mix and compose all my music with them. I'm hoping it's just the cable and was wondering if anyone in the UK (preferably) has a spare cable they could lend me and may be sell me if it proves to be a broken cable? I would pay postage both ways.

I am assuming they can be fixed if it's not the cable, but it may be nearly as cheap to buy a new pair, although I don't really have the spare money. I did't get hit with any import duty or VAT when i bought these so they only cost me £136. I feel i would not be so lucky the second time. I got them on the first run, but still, that was not so long ago and I would have expected them to last longer than a few years.

Kane

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #4,409 of 4,580
  My K7XX's right channel just stopped working. Put them on today and only the left is working. I have checked them with other devices, with and without the 1/4" adapter.

I'm gutted if these are broken, as I love them and mix and compose all my music with them. I'm hoping it's just the cable and was wondering if anyone in the UK (preferably) has a spare cable they could lend me and may be sell me if it proves to be a broken cable? I would pay postage both ways.

I am assuming they can be fixed if it's not the cable, but it may be nearly as cheap to buy a new pair, although I don't really have the spare money. I did't get hit with any import duty or VAT when i bought these so they only cost me £136. I feel i would not be so lucky the second time. I got them on the first run, but still, that was not so long ago and I would have expected them to last longer than a few years.

Kane

Hit up these dudes to see if they can help. 

https://www.customcans.co.uk/

Jason clearly seems comfortable enough to make repairs if needed. Not sure what it'll cost you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIeFcoT5_4

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #4,410 of 4,580
Sitting here and grooving out to Bill Laswell's double CD "Deconstruction".
Not too sure if it's just my pair, but I'm really enjoying my ruby reds, I've owned the K712s and from memory these are way more cohesive (drivers may be better matched), balanced (base, midrange and treble are very well integrated)and better grounded (very natural, organic sounding). Funny, I just spent the last little while revisiting the HD700s to pair along side my HD800S but overall these K7XXs are very good, imaging is pretty good, base is more than adequate and quite satisfying overall, actually prefer them over the 800Ss for a number of recordings and a better compliment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back