T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 22, 2012 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,595

putente

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi.

Since this IEM is about to be released, I decided to create a dedicated thread for it, as something tells me that this thread will soon be very "busy"... 
wink.gif

Regarding the specs, not much is known yet, but the driver configuration is triple hybrid (dynamic driver with a dual/twin BA). It will feature a detachable cable and brass housing (for the metal part). The price is not set yet, but it's expected to be around 250~300 USD (and maybe an "Head-Fi user" discount will be available, like what happened with the H-100), and they're supposed to start selling by next month, January 2013.

Their sound, compared to the H-100, was described by the manufacturer as being a more balanced sound with fuller mids, softer treble and great soundstage, improving those areas over the H-100's. Reading that, and as I own the H-100, I'm expecting great things from these new H-200! 
biggrin.gif

Here are some pictures of the prototype unit (thanks to user Raphael K):

UPDATE ON 20/01/2013:
  It seems that the sound tuning process is finalized, but they're still looking into some details about the detachable cable. If everything goes according to plan, they should be releasing it early next month. Here's the latest picture available, where you can see the cable connected to the housing (but the cable and connection may still be changed):

And another one (in b&w):

It seems that they'll only be available by the end of next month (February) due to some components and package constraints (it's not a final ETA, though)...

*** UPDATE: NEW CABLE CONNECTION DESIGN ***

and I append an image for final design of detachable cable connector ....
as T-PEOS' CEO ...

I can now share some more info about the new H-200. There are some H-200 units about to be shipped to a few reviewers, so you can expect some reviews out soon!

The retail price for this triple hybrid model is also set, $250 shipped by EMS! Even better than this, there will be an Head-Fi special deal (as with the H-100 model), limited to 100 units with a special price of $200 shipped by EMS! Orders will be accepted from April 14 and will start shipping from April 25 (this is what's planned). More info will be officially available from T-PEOS soon...

Product link: http://www.t-peos.co.kr/front/php/product.php?product_no=8&main_cate_no=4&display_group=1#

For those interested in the Head-Fi deal (limited to 100 units): http://www.head-fi.org/t/660213/t-peos-new-iem-h-200-released-preselling-limited-100-units

popcorn.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 2,595
REVIEWS:

1. First review by member Raphael K

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

People, I have try to test H-200 ES (Engineering Sample) with my iPod touch 3G and 4G and FiiO E11 headphone amp.

1st for result, H-200 need a headphone amp.
direct connection modulates sound without full powered audio source.... 
I'm always testing all IEMs without headphone amp, but H-200 really need amp for a great sound result.

and this is T-PEOS' official specification. see FR graph.

and I can hear great sound than H-100.
Just imagine, brilliant shiny mid-high frequency with good mid-low bass ! this is it ! well balanced beautiful sound !
(without head-phone amp, its sound hears like average of D-200 and H-100 .. some mid-range frequency hears like monster ... not good. * I am fixing this. it was my mistake, there's stein in 3.5mm plug, I removed this and hear again.* I can hear more deep bass like D-200. but response was really fast. so it feels like average of D-200 and H-100. just it directly connected ... )

T-PEOS lent it to me for a week, just for testing.
and I taken some pictures.

cable material is really good for tension and smooth for my skin.

and detachable cable connector is not a final design. it will be changed to more smaller than this.

on end of nozzle, I can see mesh.

fitting on my ear, it really better than H-100.
Silicon tip is really better than H-100. more tight and solid.

I will continue to write more detailed information after writing my Korean blog and English Blog.
C.U Head-Fi'ers !

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 2,595
damn you got me too excited, I thought it is released...

I am in limbo at the moment, I'm just about to press 'buy' from Amazon Japan for Maxell DBA700 hybrid + JVC new FXZ100, which means if I pull the trigger on them, I have to wait a while before buying the H-200...decisions...decisions...decisions...

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 2,595
this is the reason why I'm not sitting on a fence with jvc fxz series (well, this and some hope that prices will go down :D). this one has one definite advantage - removable cables, that are very welcome.

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #8 of 2,595
Quote:
this is the reason why I'm not sitting on a fence with jvc fxz series (well, this and some hope that prices will go down :D). this one has one definite advantage - removable cables, that are very welcome.

I don't think the JVC will drop in price, as I don't see that they will push their new ones to western market anytime soon.

Because of how good H-100 is, I am so tempted to try Maxell's DBA700 hybrid too, can be had around $90-$95, and available and in stock from Amazon Japan 
etysmile.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #9 of 2,595
I think it goes without saying I'm pretty keen for this Hyrbid.

H-100 saved me so much money, wasn't for that IEM I would of tried at least 3-4 more by now buy/try/sell, that constant annoyance of never being satisfied, which to be honest was becoming tiring. That earphone completely stopped any itch to keep purchasing for me, two months later I still enjoy every listening session, continually impressed. But of course the hobby doesn't end because I focus on improving source / amps for H-100, all the while waiting this to arrive, and for those very reasons, I'm 100% sold on Shinwoo's upcoming H-200.

Hopefully I can be one of the first people to jump on H-200 (yes I'm that keen) and I won't even blink twice about handing over the money.

*Shinwoo love* :cool:

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #10 of 2,595
I'll have to take the conservative approach to the above statements, and say x 1000,000,000.

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #11 of 2,595
Quote:
I think it goes without saying I'm pretty keen for this Hyrbid.
H-100 saved me so much money, wasn't for that IEM I would of tried at least 3-4 more by now buy/try/sell, that constant annoyance of never being satisfied, which to be honest was becoming tiring. That earphone completely stopped any itch to keep purchasing for me, two months later I still enjoy every listening session, continually impressed. But of course the hobby doesn't end because I focus on improving source / amps for H-100, all the while waiting this to arrive, and for those very reasons, I'm 100% sold on Shinwoo's upcoming H-200.
Hopefully I can be one of the first people to jump on H-200 (yes I'm that keen) and I won't even blink twice about handing over the money.
*Shinwoo love*
cool.gif

Schweet...yeah so you could be the first to pull the trigger and tell us how much improvement it has over H-100 
etysmile.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #12 of 2,595
Schweet...yeah so you could be the first to pull the trigger and tell us how much improvement it has over H-100 :etysmile:

Lets see how things go. Soon as Raphael K gives the word, I'm just focusing on source gear until then.

I hope we get another cool wooden box! :etysmile:

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 2,595
Just popping in after trying to find something in the H-100 thread, but no further news it seems...

Quote:
I hope we get another cool wooden box!
etysmile.gif

I think you mean Treasure Chest right, better edit that.
ph34r.gif

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #15 of 2,595
Quote:
damn you got me too excited, I thought it is released...

I am in limbo at the moment, I'm just about to press 'buy' from Amazon Japan for Maxell DBA700 hybrid + JVC new FXZ100, which means if I pull the trigger on them, I have to wait a while before buying the H-200...decisions...decisions...decisions...

Wait.
It's not a released product.
in early 2013, we can see this impressible product on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back