Superlux HD381 Series - Mini Review & Comparisons
Aug 3, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #106 of 127
Zero Audio Tenores are some unbelievable IEMs for the money and I seriously suggest you check them out.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #107 of 127
  Zero Audio Tenores are some unbelievable IEMs for the money and I seriously suggest you check them out.

Agree. I have it, but Narmoo S1 to my ears is simply better in all department. Better tonal balance and detail. Check it out 
wink_face.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #108 of 127

Agree. I have it, but Narmoo S1 to my ears is simply better in all department. Better tonal balance and detail. Check it out 
wink_face.gif

Thank you, I will do!

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #111 of 127
Got these in the mail yesterday. For the price I wanted to try them out and I'm glad I did!
Ordered two more as backups. They really sound great on my rockboxed iRiver with the smallest tips from my Rock Zircon. Beforehand I thought I might have problems with how these fit in my ear but it came very naturally and I really appreciate the formfactor now.

For this price they are a steal. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #112 of 127
Hey guys, I'm a little bit confuse...
I bought the Superlux HD381 and B version, not the F...is there a very big difference in sound?
While I read the beginning of this thread I was like what the heck!
I like foward mids, not too bright because my Ibasso Dx90 don't like that...some bass bump could be usefull too.

Anyway, they are so cheap on Gearbest right now like 12-14$:
http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_298731.html?vip=140576

Time to try Superlux products because the HD681 is at a funny 18$ price too...
http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_270782.html?vip=140578

Hope the HD381 and HD681 will sound good with the Ibasso soundsignature.

May 20, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #113 of 127
I have no superlux but they seem similar to Dunu Titan 1 series (Ihave titan 1se and Fiio ex1). They  have all a 13mm titan driver, semi open architecture and overall an identical design. Titan and ex1 sound super, and differ principally for thei timbric.
Maybe the same  chnese project (but really superb)

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #115 of 127
I got a pair of HD381F since a week or so and they are great. I am surprised they don't get much more hype considering what they deliver for such a low price. Best bang for the buck? That must be it!

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #117 of 127
I bought the 381F thinking it would mean "flat" model. It read on the package "front row"

which in other words is "sound in your face". The midrange and hi-freq speak is pronounced on this model. basic model sounded scooped, but more hifi in comparison. , if you boost the treble peak even more(2-3dB) then slightly broaden it. And with less detail, so it sounds very hollow without EQ or amp. Even just FiiO A6 was enough to take them to another level though, I used with this the "bass reduction" setting which brought a bigger soundstage. Also the HD381 was *less* sensitive than the V6, so I had to turn them 20% louder to get the same volume.

, indicating they are not meant to be used with portable players? ,also on my old soundcard output the treble peak was less and they provided a sound almost like a Superlux HD660.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #118 of 127
Just got a pair of 381F and with the black large earplugs I found a more than expected sound quality. Initially I tried them with small and medium earplugs, but bass was not good enough...also all frequencies were unbalanced.
Music is detailed, decent soundstage, bass sounds much better then I thought for such cheap IEMs.

Sine tones from audiocheck website sound perfectly flat from around 30Hz up to almost 4kHz, then it's a bump of few dB between 5-6kHz, then a dip around 8kHz, but then everything gets flat again.
Not very sensitive cans, but they're quite easy to drive. However, I would not pair them with high-impedance headamps (eg.: 10-ohms amplifiers), because I found that bass is lacking when pairing them this way; after all, their impedance is 16-ohms.

I honestly love these cans, despite their microphonic cable, I really think it's the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #119 of 127
I just got this pair for free. The soundstage is not exactly wide for a pair of semi open headphones but at this price, it's doing a good job. Details are present but can be a bit more present, if that's a thing. There's not much bass to it, as it says on the packaging, flat frequency response. In a nutshell, at this price, they are doing not bad a job

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #120 of 127
Actually he bass is what I love most to these cans. Be sure you're using the right earpieces, for me the bigger earpieces makes the bass thicker.
Differences between the 3 earpieces is huge, sound is changing a lot, so using the correct earpiece is the key here. However, it could happen that none of the 3 earpieces to perfectly match your ears, if so...then sound will not be the best perhaps.

Personally, I feel the bass kicking better than my planar Fostex T50RPmk3, it's like subwoofer it's ON during the songs, so very appealing bass to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back