SONY NW-ZX100
Jul 17, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #3,677 of 3,849
Yes, I know... But I prefer the headphones on bottom of the device and I'm not sure about side controls when on the move,

I'm a little paranoid if US model has got the volume cap, hope not,

If you could confirm that, I'd be very thankful,

The price for ZX100HN was good and I always wanted one,

Choosed the US version as I'm tired of JP A857, took some time after I setup it...
Like magisterarus has typed, there's an easy fix for the volume cap. So don't sweat it if it happens to be a device with the volume cap, you can easily remove it now =)

Jul 17, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #3,682 of 3,849
I've just ordered the ZX100HN from USA eBay seller, to be sure, there won't be any volume cap like in our EU models?

Or should I order JP version instead?

I've got the Japanese A857 model, hope there will be some improvement,

Got XBA90EX and XBAH3, both work great with A857,

Thank you for the help!

very big difference in quality and reproduction of music, a857 was ok at the time, but no where near nwz-x1050/1060, imagine, your a857 is like ps2 is performance terms, then the nwz-x1050/1060 is like a ps3, then nw-zx100 is like a ps4 pro, it's unbelieveable in sound quality wise and mind blowing, the depth, sound staging and separation of instruments

just remember if possible use quality flac files ( even better if from a good source of your own cds), makes a big difference

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #3,683 of 3,849
This is very good information, thank you for the help,

I still love my JP A857, it was a huge step from the EU A846 besides the language,

It still looks like new without any microscopic mark on it, so I really had to made myself to buy a new player,

I listen psychedelic trance mostly, so I should be amazed by the details of weird fractal sounds,

Can't wait to listen it, of course I always use WAV files, thanks!

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #3,684 of 3,849
Got the ZX100 today,

It's smaller than I thought, it's built better and looks better than I thought,

There is no volume cap for sure, it's louder than my Japanese A857 model,

The sound... It's wider, bigger, clearer, need to listen more,

But it's not a huge difference, it's like FD2 Mugen RR vs FD2 Mugen RR Advanced on track,

It's my first Walkman where Clear Audio destroys music, which I can't understand,

All I need now is Hi-Res track, on standard WAV there is no big difference,

Overall I'm quite happy,

Thanks!

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #3,686 of 3,849
Thank you, the more I listen, the more positive differences I hear,

As you said, the bass is better, mids are much, much nicer,

I missed the OLED at first, but who cares...

I'm so happy I ordered from US, no more JP puzzle!

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #3,687 of 3,849
So i'm considering a DAP and I like the zx100 due to among other things its long battery life (important for me) as well as its size, formats supported and sound quality. I see the zx100 is being replaced by the zx200 and/or 300. Some sites seem to have already stopped selling the zx100. based on my criteria above, should i just find and grab a zx100 now or wait for the 200/300? As far as i can tell the info on the 300 says it will be a bit smaller but have shorter battery life which would not be a tradeoff i would like to make. not clear on if there are any notable format or feature changes i should be aware of. I don't need dual phone jacks. Advice?

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,688 of 3,849
I had the same problem, but decided not to wait,

The new ZX will have a touch screen, I prefer real buttons especially in winter gloves,

I'm not a fan of side buttons as it might be a problem in some of my pockets,

I prefer the headphones on bottom of the device,

I'm sure I choose right...

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #3,689 of 3,849
Sorry for too much writing, but I must be insane to say there is no big difference,

I need a chill time and... There is a huge one, every detail is amazing,

I discover all my psychedelic music again, even with XBAH3,

I can only imagine how WM1Z sounds...

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #3,690 of 3,849
Sooo, the headphone jack on my ZX100 has become quite loose, causing my earphones to slightly lose connection if they’re jiggled even slightly. It’s really frustrating. Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue?

I’ve switched to Bluetooth for the time being, which is nice with my Momentum wireless, but let’s be honest, the selection of Bluetooth earphones is really bad right now, so I’d like to be able to run wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back