Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Jul 11, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #826 of 1,377
Looks like my last few posts regarding my calibration shipment have been removed. I would appreciate a pm explaining when posts I make are quietly removed and why. It is just the respectful thing to do.

If anyone needs the required forms for importing your headphones after calibration I guess you should message me. Looks like the package has just been released by customs and I should get it tomorrow.

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #827 of 1,377
Looks like my last few posts regarding my calibration shipment have been removed. I would appreciate a pm explaining when posts I make are quietly removed and why. It is just the respectful thing to do.

If anyone needs the required forms for importing your headphones after calibration I guess you should message me. Looks like the package has just been released by customs and I should get it tomorrow.
Looking forward to LCD-X impressions of the calibration. Sorry about your posts. Wish I could say more...

Jul 12, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #828 of 1,377
And after 3+ months in the mail they have finally arrived home :beyersmile: Just now i'm too scared to actually open the box :wink:

IMG_0402.JPG

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #829 of 1,377
... and here they finally are all neatly packed with their 'sonarworks calibrated' stickers on the cables... now I just need to somehow find the files somewhere :wink: Thank you very much to the entire team at Sonarworks for sticking through this and making good on it. It was a rough journey but in the end you respected your word and earned my respect for it.

edited - to get your new files you must go into the headphone plugin (not systemwide but the real plugin in your DAW (JRiver)) and re-enter your license codes. the calibration files are associated with your license and they will then be downloaded automatically to the same folder as the average calibration files live. personally i would then create a subfolder something like 'Custom' and drag your custom calibration files into that.

Sonarworks Calibrated.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #830 of 1,377
Glad to be of service! I can tell you that there was an audible "phew" in the office once we got the news that everything is back safely. I hope you like what we've achieved - you sent us four headphones, but in reality got back eight!

Try them out and report back!

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #831 of 1,377
They sound great... listening to the X now and it is night and day better. In appreciation for all you guys have done for me I have placed an order for 2 pre-calibrated headphones off your store the HD650 and the ATH-M50x upon Elijah's good recommendation on those models. Hopefully this shipment will go smoother :wink: Thanks again and to everyone at Sonarworks. You guys do good work and we all have some things to learn sometimes. Experience is what teaches you.

Now we just gotta get systemwide to accept more then 3 presets and the ability to switch between them with hotkeys :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #832 of 1,377
The X was always pretty close to perfect sounding to me but this has lifted it's small weaknesses up and put them squarely in perfect territory imho. The T1 was always a bit harsh up high though I did enjoy the sparkle sometimes. This has made them now useful as a daily driver much lighter on the neck then the LCD. The XC is meant for work and it actually shocked me to see the correction on this one as it doesn't appear to have measured at the same response i was sent by Audeze when I bought them. They do sound good after correction though and after turning the correction off they were hard to listen to again. The MHP1000, well that was always a twisted profile boomy and erratic across the spectrum. This has done about all that can be done to fix that but these are really only used at home to answer skype calls while muting out the speakers off my D100 and for that they are a bit gracious to have calibrated but to be honest without calibration they are severely disturbed headphones and so this has made them useful outside of skype. It is really one of those things you get cause you like their amps not because they sound great and later you try to figure out how to live with them. This certainly helps :wink:

Can't wait to hear the recommended cans in the order and will be interesting to see if either of them push today's work horses back into the stable.

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #833 of 1,377
They sound great... listening to the X now and it is night and day better. In appreciation for all you guys have done for me I have placed an order for 2 pre-calibrated headphones off your store the HD650 and the ATH-M50x upon Elijah's good recommendation on those models. Hopefully this shipment will go smoother :wink: Thanks again and to everyone at Sonarworks. You guys do good work and we all have some things to learn sometimes. Experience is what teaches you.

Now we just gotta get systemwide to accept more then 3 presets and the ability to switch between them with hotkeys :wink:

i'm also tempted to do this (buy a pair of calibrated 650s from sonarworks)
...wonder if that sennheiser 'veil' on the 650s would be removed some?

still considering sending in my Sony Z1Rs too...if i don't sell 'em first, that is....

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #834 of 1,377
i'm also tempted to do this (buy a pair of calibrated 650s from sonarworks)
...wonder if that sennheiser 'veil' on the 650s would be removed some?

still considering sending in my Sony Z1Rs too...if i don't sell 'em first, that is....

Let's assume the 650 will sound great since that is apparently the headphone they recommend most for calibration. Makes sense to send the Sony's in too if their sound is the only thing that disappoints you about them. I think the reason I had so many shipping issues was the value of the package being over $2k caused some red flags and all the extra paperwork to be in order.

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #835 of 1,377
Has anyone tried the new Sonarworks Soundigo software for Android? I used it with my m40x and Senn 600 and really liked it. The "add new headphones request" option doesn't seem to work though (specifically want V-Moda M-100 and XS).

Jul 17, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #836 of 1,377
Let's assume the 650 will sound great since that is apparently the headphone they recommend most for calibration. Makes sense to send the Sony's in too if their sound is the only thing that disappoints you about them. I think the reason I had so many shipping issues was the value of the package being over $2k caused some red flags and all the extra paperwork to be in order.

thanks!
however, imo when you put the senn 650 against my sony z1r that 'sennheiser veil' becomes readily apparent.
so am unsure if any calibration would remove this...might just sell 'em and seek a more resolving set of cans.

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #837 of 1,377
Here's something we made just for listeners like you - https://www.sonarworks.com/truefi

True-Fi Main.png

So, it's FREE and there has to be a catch, right? Sure - the problem is that we can objectively infer a reference sound target for pro guys, but not so for listeners. So there are 4 choices and we want to see where you will gravitate to. Have a listen to you favourite tunes and switch around them to see what floats your boat. Then tell us what's your favourite in the poll.

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #838 of 1,377
Here's something we made just for listeners like you - https://www.sonarworks.com/truefi

So, it's FREE and there has to be a catch, right? Sure - the problem is that we can objectively infer a reference sound target for pro guys, but not so for listeners. So there are 4 choices and we want to see where you will gravitate to. Have a listen to you favourite tunes and switch around them to see what floats your boat. Then tell us what's your favourite in the poll.

Are you still updating Soundigo? Are you taking requests for headphone profiles? Will there be a paid option at some point?

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #839 of 1,377
HD650 and M50 both arrived today, perfectly packaged thanks! Right off the bat I can say the 650 with calibration is a serious reference headphone. Not sure even the X is this flat (pre or post calibration). Has a touch more top end sizzle and very well controlled bass, nothing sloppy here at all. Ultra-light, my neck loves them. Soundstage I think the X gets the edge though and sheer earpad comfort discounting the weight the X also wins but for the weight these are throwing spades all over the place. They will definitely get some head time when my neck tires of the X.

HD 650

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.27.11 AM.png

LCD-X

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.28.55 AM.png

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #840 of 1,377
not a big fan of the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x comfort or sound-wise. Build quality isn't all that either. Definitely sound better after correction though but these are up for sale if anyone in the US wants a calibrated pair PM me.

ATH-M50x

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back