Shozy Alien+
Mar 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #122 of 539
We can always get together and listen to Shozy Alien Gold and the Tera Player until Shozy Alien+ arrives :wink:

PM'ing you now
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #124 of 539
@NLNH

Since this seems to be turning into request thread, here's mine.

Please make a DAP focusing on the portable market ONLY (surprised that this needs to be said about a DAP).

1. It should focus on driving IEMs or portable headphones only. Low power, low hiss. Do not listen to those who complain that a DAP cannot drive their HD650s well enough. They can use a USB DAC/AMP to power their NON PORTABLE HPs. Ignore the class A fetish. 

2. Make it have 16+ hours of battery life suitable for the longest flights or two regular use days. This should be possible with the lower power amp targeting IEMs and portables only as well as minimal features and file formats.

3. Do not worry about all kind of exotic high res files like DSD. It is a portable unit which implies listening in loud environments where differences in SQ which are barely audible in perfectly silent conditions are inaudible. MP3, FLAC, WAV and their Apple equivalents should suffice. 

4. Do not worry about about about exotic features like streaming. Streamline features for cost and battery life and SQ. Minimal features I suggest are basic navigation including folder browsing. Gapless. At least one playlist. Shuffle. Resume song after shutdown. However everything should work reliably. No crashes, minimal lags - reliable, intuitive performance.

5. Make it be no larger than an IPhone 5S/SE. It is a portable device, remember. The AK Jr is a great model in terms of form factor/size.

6. <500 USD.

7. Optimize SQ within these parameters. 

8. Bonus points for USB DAC functionality.

I think a great sounding,  small DAP with great battery life and at a reasonable price point that targeted the true portable market would kill in this market. There's no current competition. In general the DAP market is undifferentiated - everyone is trying to make the same thing. Shozy has shown willingness to try something new demonstrated by the Alien - I think the product I described would do much better than the Alien while maintaining Shozy's identity as company willing to do things differently.

Except for the hiss, USB DAC and hi-res stuff I think you're basically looking at Sony's A10/A20/A30 series, or Cowon Plenue D, I don't know of any other DAPs that offer that level of battery life (I just remembered Fiio M3 too)

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #128 of 539
Please, write a short review about Alien +. Because I very interesting new Alien.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #134 of 539
Totally feeling Stuff Jones take on DAPs by the way. The 16+ hours might be pushing it and the implementation of gapless seems to be a difficult task to accomplish for most companies but are definitely very good assets. I have to back gapless especially though since I love that free flow of an entire album :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back