Shozy Alien+
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #271 of 539
I dropped my Alien+ last night. It's a bit dented now but still sounding great :)
I'm busy burning mine in.
Sounds like you chose to break yours in instead :p
Glad it's working fine still! Good build quality :D

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #277 of 539
no FLAC support
it supports FLACs in 44/16

low ergonomics
for me, it's perfect ergonomics: nice hardware buttons with firm clicks, easy to find without looking. simple menu with normal logic. superfast bootup
it's way better then many modern players full of bells and whistles, taking 50 seconds just to boot up
of course, I'm missing currently playing track memory, but I definitely can live with it

there is no so good sounding DAP in this price range anyway

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #279 of 539
My Alien+ is on the way... Makes Alien #3 for me. Will be very interesting to compare SQ of A+, DX200 and Revamp P1!

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #281 of 539
Problem with firmware, you must write to Shozy about send firmware from June.

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #282 of 539
Update: if I select "Random Play" it scans through my library (every time) and occasionally it plays a FLAC, it sounds very good.

Shozy international have no firmware to give me at this time, firmware is a work in progress. I purchased from Penon Audio in good faith with no idea I was buying pre release software.

This is what I've managed to find out.

The A+ is pre release.

China and Thailand are selling A+, so mine is from China, it came in bubblewrap and a cheap brown box, I paid RRP.

International is not selling.

My units FLAC support is completely broken.

My right button may have a physical issue, it works intermittently, could be software.

My advice, wait until Shozy international says it's ready and if your outside of China buy from them.

I'm not a very happy bunny right now. I have no need for a $439 paperweight.

I have been emailing the Penon Hotmail and the Shozy Gmail.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #284 of 539
to all the people being negative. This player was intended to be minimalist. They are developing the software as we speak. However, the hardware and capability is far beyond the price tag. It will take some time but mark my word this dap will make waves once the software is complete. Just look at the older aliens and how well they are respected even without a screen.

Jul 1, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #285 of 539
I'm excited for the future of the A+ but they should not have started selling this device, the negative experience of alpha quality software is not doing their brand any favours. You don't advertise FLAC capability that doesn't work. Shozy stated that they want to let the sound talk and suggested I convert my 3000 FLAC files to WAV...

I'm sorry but in my opinion Shozy is not managing the release of such an expensive product properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back