Seattle Red Hook Meet July 30, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #61 of 104
So I'll amble on over somewhere 'round noon-ish…

And since I'm in the middle of dialing in my setup, I really don't want to break it down, so I'll bring my boxes of goodies and my 800's…
And unless there is a request for some 'non-critical' gear I'll leave the system all wired up.

JJ

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #64 of 104
I was hoping you'd have one in tow already! Then we could've helped you install it at this meet (and others interested could've watched the procedure). Perhaps a mini-meet?

Thanks Andrew. Yes, when the rain returns I should be ready and will definitely appreciate some expert assistance. Right now July is almost over and the summer project is a bit behind schedule. (and this summer's mad money is gone)

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #65 of 104
Looking forward to this meet! I'm currently deciding what to bring out of my current inventory, and if anyone has any requests just let me know:

ZMF Cherry Omni
Chord Mojo
Audio-gd NFB-10.1
Breeze Audio DU-U8
Focusrite Rednet AM2
MrSpeakers Mad Dog v3.2
Fostex TH-X00
VE Monk+
Sennheiser HD-650
Zero Audio Carbo Tenore
Havi B3 Pro I

I'll definitely be bringing the Omni, AM2, and Mojo.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #66 of 104
  Looking forward to this meet! I'm currently deciding what to bring out of my current inventory, and if anyone has any requests just let me know:

ZMF Cherry Omni
Chord Mojo
Audio-gd NFB-10.1
Breeze Audio DU-U8
Focusrite Rednet AM2
MrSpeakers Mad Dog v3.2
Fostex TH-X00
VE Monk+
Sennheiser HD-650
Zero Audio Carbo Tenore
Havi B3 Pro I

I'll definitely be bringing the Omni, AM2, and Mojo.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #68 of 104
NEED HELP:

A. Leave as planned at about 7:00 AM to get there around 10:15ish with the Elear, Utopia, Vali, Amp and DAC
B. Wait for USPS to get here with the Grado G2Ke at about 12p and get there at about 3pm and stay for only the two hours.

Edit: Nevermind...
I am going with option A ... Because as I type this I realize I am not going to miss half the meet for the Grado.  

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #69 of 104
If you get to the meet by 3, you basically missed the meet. Again these meets are too short as is, the 4hrs goes by in a snap.

These meets should really be a 10-5 instead of a noon-4pm to really get a full immersion of everyone's gear and have enough time to chitchat but I think the venue being free (I believe) makes us have to go by the library's time.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #70 of 104
  NEED HELP:

A. Leave as planned at about 7:00 AM to get there around 10:15ish with the Elear, Utopia, Vali, Amp and DAC
B. Wait for USPS to get here with the Grado G2Ke at about 12p and get there at about 3pm and stay for only the two hours.

Edit: Nevermind...
I am going with option A ... Because as I type this I realize I am not going to miss half the meet for the Grado.  

Find out which post office your mail is coming from and go there a few minutes before they open and give them your tracking number. Usually they can give the item to you as long as the mailman has not left yet.

I have done this on several occasions and was able to get my mail early enough in the morning.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #71 of 104
Sadly I must miss this meet. Home now from a cardiac procedure which went well. Have to remain out of circulation for a week or so as I heal. On a positive note I get to spend a lot of time listening to great music on superb systems.

Hey Bob, glad to hear it went well, was biting my nails after discussing the procedure at the last meet. 
wink_face.gif

Look forward to seeing you at some not too future meet.

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #72 of 104
Would anyone be interested in carpooling? I'm in Capitol Hill at 12th and Denny, and I could either pay for your gas if you have a car or reserve a Zipcar and split the cost with you (a Zipcar for the day is about $80-$90).

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #73 of 104
If you get to the meet by 3, you basically missed the meet. Again these meets are too short as is, the 4hrs goes by in a snap.

These meets should really be a 10-5 instead of a noon-4pm to really get a full immersion of everyone's gear and have enough time to chitchat but I think the venue being free (I believe) makes us have to go by the library's time.

Per Gil's post, this one is 10-5. I'm shooting for 10:00 AM plug-in.

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #75 of 104
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back