Schiit Mani
Oct 7, 2014 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 144

trentrosa

100+ Head-Fier
I'm creating this thread for the discussion of Schiit's first phono preamplifier; Mani. The Mani is now available on Schiit's website and I encourage anyone who decides to get one share their impressions. I myself am considering buying one.

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 144
Goofy switching, but I'm digging the simple specs and price. Should be a winner! Depending on sound impressions, I might replace my Rotel phono pre with it to save desk space.

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 144
I picked a bad time to have no money in my audio budget.  Definitely want to try one of these and see how it compares to my V-LPS.  Being able to work with both MM and MC cartridges makes the Mani very enticing for my upgrade path.

Oct 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 144
Ordered one today. Been spending so much time with computer audio in the last few years that the vinyl has been put away. The last phono stage I had was a B & K and before that an Apt Holman (many years ago).

The Mani will be running into the Sonic Frontiers tube linestage in my speaker-based rig. Should be a fun winter!

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 144
Ordered one today. Been spending so much time with computer audio in the last few years that the vinyl has been put away. The last phono stage I had was a B & K and before that an Apt Holman (many years ago).

The Mani will be running into the Sonic Frontiers tube linestage in my speaker-based rig. Should be a fun winter!

Please post your impressions after you've received it and had some time to listen. 
Thanks. 

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 144

Just got my Mani plugged in today.  Very happy with it so far.  Using it was a Debut Carbon with Ortofon 2M Red and Vali.  Just listened to Blood on the Tracks with the default settings for the Mani.  Very clear sound, no peaking, and excellent soundstage.

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #11 of 144
All the Schiit you can buy for less than the price of Mjolnir or Gungnir.  That's what I call a value proposition

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 144
Coming from a ART DJ Pre II.  Can't give a great comparison as I was out of town for 2 weeks so hadn't listened to any vinyl for a while with the ART.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #14 of 144
I am a Schiit fan owning:

Asgard
Asgard 2
Valhalla 2
Lyr
Bifrost Uber
Magni
Modi

I was looking forward to Mani to use with my various Denon MC cartridges but was kind of disappointed to see no loading adjustment. Although I do understand the cost issues, I am hoping for a version 2 with loading variation.

I have a Vista Phono-1 Mk II that is a pretty amazing piece of gear. Gain + loading adjustable.

I've been very happy with the quality of Shiit devices overall.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #15 of 144
I am a Schiit fan owning:

Asgard
Asgard 2
Valhalla 2
Lyr
Bifrost Uber
Magni
Modi

I was looking forward to Mani to use with my various Denon MC cartridges but was kind of disappointed to see no loading adjustment. Although I do understand the cost issues, I am hoping for a version 2 with loading variation.

I have a Vista Phono-1 Mk II that is a pretty amazing piece of gear. Gain + loading adjustable.

I've been very happy with the quality of Shiit devices overall.

Last I recall the Mani is load adjustable, via switches embedded in the underside of the chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back