Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 14, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #20,956 of 151,653
Not for the basic trident symbol. The USB IF logos that require license and product certification are listed and shown in this document, and it doesn't include the USB trident. The trident symbol indicates USB compatibility and is free for anybody to use without licensing or certification. The trident is not trademarked and doesn't carry a ™️ or ®️ next to it. There is a good summary of usage here (see page 4).
Ah, the golden touch of the legal community is present here.

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #20,959 of 151,653
Jun 14, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #20,964 of 151,653
Wrong color though.
The sound is improving by the hour.
This is really fantastic.
I can hear Frida Lyngstad's lispel loud and clear.

Now it seems the music is louder.
But I don't even know if that's possible.

Even if you were to match levels perfectly I think it would still have that wow factor because it's more focused and more dynamic and not just the bass and in an analog kind of way.

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #20,965 of 151,653

Maybe the transients are less restraint. And that higher level of impact may make it sound "louder". Or maybe I'm just talking nonsense here.....

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #20,967 of 151,653
You're becoming quantumly entangled with all that Schiit!

Cozzi, You are the Schiit! :smile_phones:
Well I sure hope to be one of those people to do Schiit-Shows here like Jason had in mind.
And depending on what the Eitr and the MP do for me I'm sure as Schiit not done yet.
I'll be one of the guys peeking in at the Schiitr when the streaming starts..

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #20,968 of 151,653
Cozzi,

I agree with the Color thing.....all my gear is black....but for the Yggy....never have liked Silver in components ....Black is way more subdued....If I ever get the guts to take my Yggy apart, I'd get the J-Case piece and have it anodized black and laser back on the ID tags...it would be sweet looking if the Laser-ing of the lettering came out great!.....which just needs the design to be right.

Wrong color though.
The sound is improving by the hour.
This is really fantastic.
I can hear Frida Lyngstad's lispel loud and clear.

You will still hear improvements for many many days to come! Congrats on your new box!

Jun 14, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #20,969 of 151,653
Well I sure hope to be one of those people to do Schiit-Shows here like Jason had in mind.
And depending on what the Eitr and the MP do for me I'm sure as Schiit not done yet.
I'll be one of the guys peeking in at the Schiitr when the streaming starts..

If you're interested in doing a SchiitKit show, just contact denise@schiit.com. We'll go through the details and get you scheduled.

(Same goes for anyone else who's interested.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #20,970 of 151,653
Hey all,

I'm failing at the chapter again this week, mainly because it's been kinda insanely busy as we ramp up for Vidar (and another product release). Just getting a new product on the line is a pretty big undertaking, and the Vidar is complicated by the fact that it has a lot of new assembly operations (or at least, stuff we've only been doing at the "craft build" level, like Ragnarok.) I'm happy to report that the heatsinks are in, chassis assembly continues quickly, and we're only awaiting two things to make this real:

1. The first article production board from the PCB assembly house. This is what they give us to check and see if everything is in the right place. Once we confirm this, there's a bit more waiting for...
2. Production boards from the PCB assembly house. Then we can start finishing up the assemblies and getting them on the burn-in rack.

(Ah, and I just remembered...I better send an empty chassis Vidar out for photography, like, today. Argh.)

Aaaannd...remember that prototype I mentioned that just "started up and ran," and I was wondering what kind of hell I'd have to walk through to compensate for it going so easily? Found it. We have another product--actually series of products--that I just discovered yesterday that our approach would only work for 1 out of 3 of the planned products. The good news is that we haven't bought any parts yet for the other two, and the better news is that it doesn't affect the introduction of the one that works. However, it's going to be a monumental pain in the rear end to get this working right. It's even more irritating that the product sounds great, despite the problem--Mike Moffat has one and doesn't want to give it up. The problem is too high THD at some operational levels--we're talking 0.2-0.5% here, really not what you'd expect from a modern solid-state device. That, and inductively coupled noise. The noise isn't too hard to resolve, but the THD problem may be interesting. We're working up some new approaches for testing.

(And, for the engineers here, nope, it's not oscillating at 50MHz or anything like that, which can cause both problems. We know the base cause--it's related to a specific series of custom parts--but I can't get into details since it would give too much away.)

Beyond that, we're in the middle of the spring "slow time," so I'm looking forward to ramping things up with Vidar (and a couple of other announcements to be made shortly.)

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back