RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
May 14, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #1,021 of 1,127
The cable is not replaceable on the T20, so there really isn't any option, let alone a best one.

I'm sure some enterprising soul has found a way to replace the cable, but looking at the T20 right now, that's going to be a very awkward job, and I'm not sure that it could be done properly without splitting the enclosure.
Thanks;

i know T20 cable is not replaceable;
so that is why i am asking any bro if they know any IEM with similar price and signature with T20 but using replaceable cable.

May 16, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #1,022 of 1,127
I've had the T20s for a while now but rarely use them as I have got used to the convenience of wireless / bluetooth (I know, I know!) ... I have the Bose QC35s and the Bose Soundsports.

After a long period of not using the T20s I picked them up last week and was disappointed at how 'dull' they sounded (I was using the reference filters) ... I switched to the treble filters and things became crystal clear, probably a little too much. I then realised that my reference filters were a little (read, 'a lot') wax gunked and were passed cleaning!

I have since ordered and received a replacement set of reference filters and the T20s are back to sounding spectacular (driven by a Pioneer XDP-100R).

Challenge now is how to keep them clean to keep that spectacular sound and avoid the wax gunk.

Replies of 'keep your ears clean' not considered constructive!

May 16, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,023 of 1,127
I've had the T20s for a while now but rarely use them as I have got used to the convenience of wireless / bluetooth (I know, I know!) ... I have the Bose QC35s and the Bose Soundsports.

After a long period of not using the T20s I picked them up last week and was disappointed at how 'dull' they sounded (I was using the reference filters) ... I switched to the treble filters and things became crystal clear, probably a little too much. I then realised that my reference filters were a little (read, 'a lot') wax gunked and were passed cleaning!

I have since ordered and received a replacement set of reference filters and the T20s are back to sounding spectacular (driven by a Pioneer XDP-100R).

Challenge now is how to keep them clean to keep that spectacular sound and avoid the wax gunk.

If you get the same issue again let me know and I should be able to arrange another set of filters for you!

May 16, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,024 of 1,127

Check the tips regularly and if you notice even a slight buildup of wax then remove the tip using your fingernails at the base of the tip shaft - squeezing the tip to remove it will just force the wax onto the filter,

Then just roll up a bit of tissue paper and pass it through the nozzle to remove the wax. Wash them when you have a chance.

If the filter does get wax on it then I've found that using an old toothbrush with a touch of water does a pretty good job of getting rid of the wax. You could also try wax dissolving eardrops as well. Be aware that using fluid may affect the filter material in the filter. Also let them dry thoroughly before use - you dont want any fluid getting into the earpiece.

As far as keeipng your ears clean not considered constructive I hear you. due to a widening in my ear canal towards my eardrum wax builds up there and the only way to get rid of it is to have my ears syringed every year or so. My doctor has categorically told me never to attempt to clean my ears, other than at the very start of my ear canal as all I'll do is just push the wax back into this cavity. Fortunately for me standard silicon tips don't go in far enough to cause a problem.

May 17, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #1,026 of 1,127
Hi. An new t20s owner here.I want to buy some comply isolation tip for these.Can i buy the comply 200-500s universal? Or do the rha use special ones?

https://www.teknikmagasinet.no/prod...r/comply-isolation-universal-(200-500)-2-pair

I've never used the universals but they should work. 200 is the correct Comply foam tip size, so if the universals work for 200-500, they should be fine. Personally, if I were buying them exclusively for the T20, I would stick with the 200 size, and I think they are a bit less expensive than the universals.

May 18, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #1,027 of 1,127
Hi. An new t20s owner here.I want to buy some comply isolation tip for these.Can i buy the comply 200-500s universal? Or do the rha use special ones?

https://www.teknikmagasinet.no/prod...r/comply-isolation-universal-(200-500)-2-pair

I've never used the universals but they should work. 200 is the correct Comply foam tip size, so if the universals work for 200-500, they should be fine. Personally, if I were buying them exclusively for the T20, I would stick with the 200 size, and I think they are a bit less expensive than the universals.

We ship the TSX 200 with our products (MA750 and above) hope this helps!

May 19, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #1,028 of 1,127
I got the comply 200-500 isolation pack and tried them yesterday.I use medium tips.But i didnt get that great isolation.It wasnt that much better then the sillicon tips.Should i try small size and see if that helps? Maybe medium is to big for my ears?

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #1,033 of 1,127
Cross post from the 30% discount thread

Interested to know how these(T20) sound. I was looking for a sparklier IEM to complement my 64 Audio A12. Anyone who has heard both, any idea how these stack up to them?

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,034 of 1,127
Cross post from the 30% discount thread

Interested to know how these(T20) sound. I was looking for a sparklier IEM to complement my 64 Audio A12. Anyone who has heard both, any idea how these stack up to them?

I have no idea how the A12 sounds but I guess it's got to be super clean and resolving so maybe my interesting experience with the T20 and the Sony MDR EX-1000 which I both received on Saturday might somewhat enlighten you. I find that the T20 complements the EX-1000 very well. The EX-1000 is very clean, smooth and resolving whereas by contrast the T20 is energetic and fuzzy. In practice it means that I felt that good recordings and clean/crisp mixes were superbly rendered and extremely enjoyable with the Sony whereas I felt like the T20 was butchering those tracks and it wasn't a nice experience at all. On bad recording and mixes it's the that Sony turned out to be a terrible experience where all it showed was that the tracks were a sad and sorry mud. On those the T20, with its grit, fuzz and energy, turned the table and transformed them into an lively and enjoyable listen. Completely subjective impressions of course.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,035 of 1,127
THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

I wanted to use my other cables with the T20, so I thought why not just cut it up and add some MMCX connectors, so I can use all of my various MMCX cables (all balanced cables). Well, after taking a pair out of packaging and cutting it up, I decided to add some male MMCX connectors to the original cable. Now I've frankensteined both sections and good thing is I can use my various cables with T20 now, and the remote still works by itself or with other headphones as well. I've never done anything like this before, so it was very much learning on the fly. I got hung up on what to do with the right side (remote). Apparently there are 4 wires on the right (audio +, audio gnd, mic +, mic gnd) and I had no idea where to solder since I only have 2 points. In the end after looking at various schematics and I thought to just solder the + to + and - to - and apparently that's working very well. My older T20 went into the shop because of cable problems, hopefully it won't happen anymore and if anything does happen, it'll be a relatively easy repair.

once again, THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

p.s. the clear shrink wrap is not really necessary but since T20 looks so utilitarian anyway I thought I would add it anyway since it will reinforce the joints.
IMG_0354.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back