Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
May 18, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #4,771 of 7,140
Hey everyone.

It's been a while since I've had a chance to get on here. A quick update on things. I've recently returned from my office in Shenzhen, China, the factory. We have moved our offices to a much larger building and have greatly increased our staff, yet again.

We are building a whole new website, you can go to www.questyleaudio.com and see some of the changes/improvements as they are happening.

As you read this, we are launching the new QP2R and CMA400i in Munich and will have the official North American launch in less than a couple weeks at the LA Audio Show June 2, 3 and 4. If you are in the LA area, please stop by, say hello and listen to the new goodies!! You can find us in the HeadGear Extreme as well as Room 112.

You can read more about the QP2R here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/questyle-qp2r.850266/.

A lot of really exciting things happening here at Questyle and we can't wait to share them with you!! In the mean time, both myself and Alan, Netforce, are available to answer any questions and offer you any assistance you may need. Feel free to send either of us a PM or email us at info_usa@questyleaudio.com. Below are a few pictures of the new QP2R & CMA400i.

Stay Tuned!!

B2

All the exciting details on the QP2R can be found here
http://www.questyleaudio.com/product-QP2R

And the highly anticipated CMA400i.......

@bSquared64 I always appreciate innovation and improvement and this looks to be a fantastic DAP. But is there going to be a FW update for the QP1R to address the battery indicator issue?

May 18, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #4,772 of 7,140
@bSquared64 I always appreciate innovation and improvement and this looks to be a fantastic DAP. But is there going to be a FW update for the QP1R to address the battery indicator issue?
On other thread they mentioned that they working on this issue. Hopefully they will fix it. If not, that will be my last Questyle dap. I don't understand how they can release new one, when old is not working properly. I don't understand also why we missed some features not so hard to implement.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4,773 of 7,140
While the QP2R looks very similar to the QP1R, it is a whole different animal inside, much more horsepower, different OS and UI, different wheel and more. Due to the increase in horsepower, we had to sacrifice the 2nd card slot as there was just no where on the pcb to put it. While you might think "well that's a deal killer for me", please reserve judgement until you have it in your hand and you hear it!! You're very likely to change your mind.

As for the QP1R, we are still working on the next fw update which will address the battery indicator as well as other things. We understand it is frustrating, but please be patient and allow us the time to do it right.

May 19, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #4,778 of 7,140
No upsampling but add some powered speakers to Questyle dock station and QP2R for affordable high quality wired system. No streaming, Tidal, etc. as QP2R has no WiFi/Bluetooth component. Dock comes with remote control. Rather old school works for some, not for others. With Questyle top priority is sound quality at price point. http://www.questyleaudio.com/product-QP2R

Thank you

May 20, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #4,785 of 7,140
Touch, Peel, and Stand by Days of the New is sounding sublime on the Questyle QP1R and Shure SRH1540 headphones (with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back