Rave review of the 'Astonishing' KingSound KS-H3 headphones
Oct 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #16 of 60
The H3 is starting to look financially dangerous for me . . . .  

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #17 of 60
 Side note: Spritzer did caution against using the KingSound amps with STAX headphones. Something about a resister. I did not fully understand.

The amp needs a 5 megohm resistor in the bias line between the output socket and the 580V circuit.

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #18 of 60
Thanks for clarifying on the resistor.

I really am enjoying my H-03 headphones. They are somewhat colored in the lower mid-range, so they are not going to be to everyone's taste. I think they are sort of a tube lover's headphone. (I use the M-10 SS amp with mine. The M-20 seemed too much of a good thing.) Super comfortable headband, light weight, and a lot of the classic electrostatic sound - transparency, rich midrange, great high frequency clarity. The bass is pretty good, a bit fat (as in ripe or juicy, not flabby), which I like, but not in the same league as better dynamic headphones. The H-03 is not a STAX 007 or 009 competitor, but it is a really great headphone for the money.

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #19 of 60
Just ordered the KS H-03/M-10, which are due to arrive next Monday.
Have the K812, PM-1 and Mikros 90 on hand for some cursory a/b-ing.
Not sure what to expect.  Have listened to/owned lower tier Stax and Martin Logan electrostatic loudspeakers and couldn't quite seem to adapt to their comparatively flaccid dynamics and lack of conical thrust.
But we'll see.  I have changed my mind/opinion upon a second listen more than once in my Head-Fi sojourn!
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #20 of 60
  The H3 is starting to look financially dangerous for me . . . .  

They looked financially dangerous to me for a short time, too, but then even more quickly BECAME financially dangerous and are now on their way via UPS.
Well, I have a good month to rehearse an explanation to my wife , , , until the VISA bill arrives!

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #21 of 60
  They looked financially dangerous to me for a short time, too, but then even more quickly BECAME financially dangerous and are now on their way via UPS.
Well, I have a good month to rehearse an explanation to my wife , , , until the VISA bill arrives!

That`s awesome pataburd.  Make sure to share some impressions and some pics.  

And good luck with the wife.  

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 60
Am returning H-03 and M-10 for a replacement.
There are definitely problems with either the headphones or the amp.
But the set-up does sound VERY GOOD when all the stars come into alignment!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back